Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Sep 2007, 23:11 (Ref:2020699)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans-Chasing The Dream (DVD)

Yes, I know, strictly speaking this belongs in 'Armchair Enthusiast'. But, since this is likely to be a 'must have' DVD for the majority of members who post in 'Sportscar and GT' (and who perhaps venture only rarely, if ever, into Armchair Enthusiast) I would ask that this thread is allowed to remain in 'Sportscar and GT' long enough to give everyone the heads-up.

'Le Mans-Chasing The Dream' is the sequel to the outstanding 'Le Mans: In The Lap Of The Gods'. Yes, Shorty rides again (although this time the focus of the film is Stuart Hall)!

Graham Goodwin's review on Daily Sportscar can be found here.

No word yet on the release date, but as far as I'm concerned, it can't come soon enough. Really looking forward to it and I reckon it's going to be another gem!

PS I wonder if the last DVD in the series will be called 'Le Mans-A Dream Come True'?
Old 23 Sep 2007, 04:34 (Ref:2020783)   #2
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Sounds like it should be VERY good. On a related note, any word on the film about the Targa Florio that came out this year, I believe?
Old 23 Sep 2007, 05:15 (Ref:2020789)   #3
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds tits. Too bad it will probably cost an arm and a leg to get it across the Atlantic. Anyway, it is great that it highlights Stuart Hall. He came into the season overshadowed by Barbosa and Phil Keen, and ends the season a star in his own right, destined for great things I hope.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 08:41 (Ref:2020831)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The answer is that release is days away - The price is £19.99 and you can order it on-line via the website shown on the covershot in the dsc piece.

You'll also not on that website that they now have a North American office so perhaps supply there will be better too.

I thought it was excellent - the race review dvd is fine but this is much more of a story and it really does sound like Le Mans too!

(and no I have no commercial link with this whatsoever!)
Old 23 Sep 2007, 11:35 (Ref:2020896)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have no commercial link either - but I do have a minor involvement in the project, as those of you who looked at the credits of in the lap of the gods will know..

But I can call it how it is - the only things I dislike about chasing the dream are the titles and the ending - the rest is frankly superb!!

Thing is I need you lot to all buy it so I can persuade John - the director - to make a third!

Pleased to know you got it OK GG, I sent it when requested but I guess RM were like most state services - rubbbish
Old 23 Sep 2007, 11:44 (Ref:2020901)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It will be on my Christmas list for sure, The Lap of the God was fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing this one.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 04:15 (Ref:2021404)   #7
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone post a link to where you can buy "In The Lap of the Gods" in the states?
Old 24 Sep 2007, 08:31 (Ref:2021501)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...0622475&sr=8-8

should send worldwide

or

http://www.big-pic.co.uk/home.shtml
Old 24 Sep 2007, 08:50 (Ref:2021522)   #9
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Pleased to know you got it OK GG, I sent it when requested but I guess RM were like most state services - rubbbish
It got here fine thanks Sam - And I agree, it's excellent
Old 24 Sep 2007, 14:42 (Ref:2021786)   #10
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Be careful doing this if you're in North America. Many North American DVD players will not play European DVDs -- your player must be an "all zone" model to do it. Many DVD players here only play "zone 1" DVDs, which correspond to NTSC format for VHS. Don't know whether computer DVD players are any better, haven't tried it.

keke
with a European DVD copy of Le Mans I can't play, grrrr....
Old 24 Sep 2007, 15:23 (Ref:2021813)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
With a computer you can get a patch to cover all zones.

Macs have a switch that allow them to go from region to region a set number of times - mines currently jammed in USA mode
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:03 (Ref:2022051)   #12
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think my sister has said the limit is five times for Macs.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 21:23 (Ref:2022118)   #13
Matra-simca
Rookie

United States
Durham, NC
Matra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to the director, John Matthews, shortly after the release of "Lap of the Gods", and he assured me that if the demand for NTSC coding was there, he would be release the film in the US. Sure enough, three months later I received a copy. According to his web site, the latest film is also offered in NTSC.

Todd
Old 25 Sep 2007, 00:04 (Ref:2022208)   #14
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Using VLC Player rather than Apple's DVD Player should allow you to circumvent the 5-change restriction on a Mac as I understand it. I have not tried changing mine (I regret even setting it once before I knew about VLC) but that is the word on the street. The 5-change thing must be infuriating if you travel between continents and rent DVDs or something...
Old 25 Sep 2007, 08:05 (Ref:2022348)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Quote:
I think my sister has said the limit is five times for Macs.
yes thats right. On my PC laptom I have a thing called Any DVD - seems to do the job
Old 25 Sep 2007, 13:43 (Ref:2022617)   #16
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are two issues, keke - one is the Zone, the other is the format. UK videos are usually in PAL as opposed to NTSC, but many dvd players can do both now (used to be more of a problem 3-5 years ago though). And racing videos are often put out as Zone 0 (or zone free, in other words) - I know the previous Rollcentre DVD was zone free...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:34 (Ref:2022671)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
This one is definitely Zone 0 so should be less of a problem than most