Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Aug 2003, 18:39 (Ref:687377)   #1
Tom Fuller
Racer

Northern Ireland
Essex, UK
Tom Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Games Consoles

Just thought I'd start a discussion on this. What games consoles do you own, what are your favourites, or do you prefer just the plain old PC?

Well personally - I like the PS2, the other consoles don't even come close. PC is good - but it can only go so far these days, and you're constantly having to update with new video cards and the like.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 18:41 (Ref:687379)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tom,

I'm going to leave this here for a while but I think you'd be better served in Armchair enthusiast. We'll play it by ear.

Although I find doing that means I hit my head on the screen.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 18:52 (Ref:687390)   #3
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
>>PC is good - but it can only go so far these days?

what do you mean? PCs are way ahead of consoles, just look at the screen resolutions for a start.

Of course some people just prefer arcady consoles over PC games. In computing terms though, the current consoles are dinosaurs.

umm, I prefer PCs for games
Old 13 Aug 2003, 18:57 (Ref:687395)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
This thread does belong here - enjoy
Old 13 Aug 2003, 20:14 (Ref:687477)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have an X-Box, used to have a PS2, recently bought a Sega Mega Drive to rekindle memories of childhood innocence. Also have a Game Boy Colour.

And you may not know it, but I also have a PC. You'd never have guessed that.

I hate PC's. They are total **** if you remove the wonders of the internet and 10/10ths.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 21:40 (Ref:687595)   #6
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have a megadrive still which I bought years ago for Mortal Kombat 1 and 3. its great
PCs were never any good at games like those.

PCs are good, its Windows that sucks.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 22:00 (Ref:687624)   #7
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PS2 is my fave (though I used to enjoy the NES, despite iys lack of decent racing games). I do envy the updating in, and the game that is, GPL for the PC, but I just prefer the hassle-free play of the consoles. I think, in my experience, the controls on PCs hae never been good for racing games, but I'm sure many here have perfectly good ones!
Old 13 Aug 2003, 23:11 (Ref:687696)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have:

A Nintendo (that I never play)
A SNES (which I never play)
A Playstation (which is currently is in the garage)
A PC (which I'm on constantly)

I want a PS2 but I'm saving at the moment so I can't afford one.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 23:13 (Ref:687698)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
PS1
PS2
N64
Xbox

PS2 is the best, it's got the games baby
Old 14 Aug 2003, 06:59 (Ref:687832)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a PS2 and recently got a Gamcube as well (I bought it for the up coming Metal Gear Solid 1 remake but Zelda is fantastic as well, and this is from someone that doesn't usually like that sort of game). I use my PC soley for playing GPL and nothing else any more.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:32 (Ref:688993)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As some know, I'm not a great console fan (I think this is where we first came in, isn't it Damon? ). I prefer the versatility of power of my pc, frankly. In the past I've owned a Sega Megadrive and a Saturn. My lad has a SNES and has had a PS1 - he now has a PS2, but I can honestly say I've never been tempted to have a go on it. In terms of games, I'm pretty boring anyway as I only make music and drive GPL these days.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:43 (Ref:689011)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehe! Well you did convince me of the joys of GPL, many thanks for that .
Old 15 Aug 2003, 12:45 (Ref:689013)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ironic, eh?
Old 15 Aug 2003, 13:38 (Ref:689065)   #14
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My PC is great for playing games (not got a big graphics card), so I prefer PS2.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 14:39 (Ref:689120)   #15
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Currently I'm using both PS2 and xbox, PS1 is in the storage closet, this PC is too old for any newer articles.
When I was something like 9 or ten I had this arcaic Philips G7000 VideoPac with block-like graphics.

http://www.heimcomputer.de/english/k...lipsg7000.html

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 15 Aug 2003, 18:19 (Ref:689259)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's lovely 429CJ, looks like an old typewriter! And what's that, a 5.91Mhz processor and 4kbs of RAM

I bet the darned thing was the cutting edge in its time.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 15 Aug 2003 at 18:19.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 19:19 (Ref:689309)   #17
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that "the cutting edge in its time" was called by name ATARI.

Last edited by 429CJ; 15 Aug 2003 at 19:20.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 15 Aug 2003, 21:32 (Ref:689373)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess so. I still remember going on a course from work, yonks ago, when someone brought with them one of the very first "ping-pong" type tennis TV games. We really thought it was the bees knees. Stayed up in the hotal playing it until 3.00 a.m. when someone complained to the manager that the "ping pong" noise was keeping them awake!
Old 15 Aug 2003, 23:31 (Ref:689447)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That i own:

Sega Master System II
NES
Sega Megadrive
SNES
PS1
PS2
And some sort of ATARI thingy somewhere in the basement.

My favourites are the SNES, PS2 and my PC (mainly for some racing and strategy/war games)
Old 16 Aug 2003, 15:52 (Ref:689811)   #20
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last count of the collection I had:

Atari:
VCS 2600
Jaguar
Lynx

Nintendo:
NES
SNES
N64
GameCube (Japanese and American compat. model)
Game Boy Advance

Sega:
Master System (x3, 1 MS1, 1 MS2, 1 MS1 that's broken and used as a doorstop)
Mega Drive
Game Gear
Mega CD
32X
Saturn (X2, One PAL, one Japanese)
Dreamcast (x2, one modded Japanese one, one PAL one)

Sony:
PlayStation (original model)
PlayStation 2

Microsoft:
Xbox (x2, one regular model, one debug model)

SNK:
Neo Geo Pocket Colour (x2, one broken)
Neo Geo AES

Other than that I also have a ColecoVision with a few games, a 3DO, an Amiga 500, a Commadore 64 and, when my girlfriend will let me, a new PC soon.
Old 16 Aug 2003, 17:02 (Ref:689847)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Stone me! Have you got anything but consoles at your place?
Old 16 Aug 2003, 23:55 (Ref:690020)   #22
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frankly? Not really! My study is basically wall-to-wall of games. That said, there is a good reason, as I do need them for work projects. So it's not that tragic... I think/hope.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 00:21 (Ref:690031)   #23
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive my pc, xbox, and ps2. so far the ps2 plays dvds, when mgs3 and purhapes gt4, itll get used for more. my pc plays cs and and f1 2k2 mods, primaryly scr. but, i play on my xbox the most. i love halomp and single player. im 2 or 3 levels away from beating it on legendary. i wish the people i played cs had halo ... then id actually be able to keep up ... heh
Old 17 Aug 2003, 09:39 (Ref:690208)   #24
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PC x3 (One mine for games, one mine for music/net, one is the family's for work/school etc.)
Playstation (the little grey dude!)
PS2 (Mean Machine!)
Megadrive x4 (version 1, 2 version 2s and a japanese import one), 32x, Mega CD
Saturn (still gets used until Sega re-releases NiGHTS!)
Game Boy classic
Gameboy Colour and Camera
Atari 65XE
Phillips GT9000 (bet you've never heard that one!)
Some old one with a dial on the front to select the preset games!

-----------------------------------------
Oops, I forgot the N64....how silly of me!

Last edited by Hobson; 17 Aug 2003 at 09:40.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 07:22 (Ref:690820)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson

Saturn (still gets used until Sega re-releases NiGHTS!)
We got hold of some Xmas version of this I think - it was supposed to be quite rare wasn't it?