Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Aug 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2947870)   #51
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could the end be nigh for PMM?

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/08/30/...ing-race-team/
Old 29 Aug 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2947986)   #52
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So will Roland build a Monster Vodafone Experience in Norwell?
Old 29 Aug 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2948000)   #53
Falcon GT
Rookie

Falcon GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danes looking at expansion. He's one of the interested parties.

I certainly wouldn't miss Paul Morris's antics.

If it wasn't for his father, he'd be driving rubbish trucks for JJ Richards.

Even then he'd be writing your car off if you left it out on the street or crashing into your fence
Old 29 Aug 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2948005)   #54
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could Tinkler fit into this picture too?
Old 29 Aug 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2948007)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Feelers...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Aug 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2948056)   #56
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was a competitor in just about any Australian motor racing category other than V8 Supercars right now I would be terrified this boofhead would be racing along side me if he sells all his V8 interests.

I can just see him next year being invloved the shredding of some beautiful GT3 machinery if this sale goes ahead.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2948063)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
If I was a competitor in just about any Australian motor racing category other than V8 Supercars right now I would be terrified this boofhead would be racing along side me if he sells all his V8 interests.

I can just see him next year being invloved the shredding of some beautiful GT3 machinery if this sale goes ahead.
If the story is real, and the intention is real, I cant see any other racing programs coming out of whats remaining of PMM.

Still think this is an 'expressions of interest' discussion with the market rather than a structured plan to exit...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 02:20 (Ref:2948081)   #58
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubbish Truck driver & Boofhead ??? Good to see you're not getting personal...

He may not be the quickest driver out there but he's not the slowest by any means & when you consider these are some of the most competitive championships in the world I would consider that still 'pretty good'.

Re his driving style - everyone knows he drives hard & fast & doesnt tolerate fools (just like Kyle Busch, Boris Said & Paul Tracy), most just accept it & deal with it accordingly. If you do get into a tussle with him however, rest assured you will pay somewhere / somehow but it usually only happens because you got involved in the tussle in the 1st place (it takes two people to start a fight)

IMHO there are a ton of other drivers out there who have no idea of what they are doing let alone where you are in relation to them, I'd be far more wary when driving against them than against someone who's intentions are clear
Old 30 Aug 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2948094)   #59
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedreader View Post
Rubbish Truck driver & Boofhead ??? Good to see you're not getting personal...
if the shoe fits....
Old 30 Aug 2011, 04:47 (Ref:2948102)   #60
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God I hope so, noby wants him in the series, he intenionally takes people out, whines like a girl about the series and boasts NASCAR all the time. I think HE should just go a rn NASCAR if that's what he really likes.

Piece of crap...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2948128)   #61
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not one of the people who wants him gone and I think all you muppets claiming he is useless dangerous are just eating sour grapes...

You whine about Morris only being there due to his old mans cash, well **** look at Rodney Jane, at least morris is quick You also whine about the hard racing which has ALWAYS been the case, good on him for no pretending to be something he is not just to appease a couple of people having a whine on the internet.. The category is slowly becoming this bland wasteland of personalities and when someone shows a bit of raw emotion you all cry.. As mentioned above it takes two to tango and I think you will find Morris doesn't just go out there to look for trouble despite his reputation

Go shake your walking sticks at some one else please..

Last edited by St00ge; 30 Aug 2011 at 07:14.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 07:08 (Ref:2948129)   #62
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
I am not one of the people who wants him gone and I think all you muppets claiming he is useless dangerous are just eating sour grapes...
Are you saying you like him intenionally spinning people out?
Old 30 Aug 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2948133)   #63
St00ge
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
nope, but not a reason to burn him at the stake...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2948138)   #64
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
I'm ok with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHX5iHPjpFU

Just not this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxSfbBqAqw
Old 30 Aug 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2948142)   #65
St00ge
Veteran

Meh still not calling for anyone's head after that incident... That whole bit of Morris punching is just a bit of extra PR for his Danny Green sponsorship (notice his gloves around his neck during the interview) and look at the effect the racing rags got quiet a few articles out if it and got everyone talking... It was bit of biff and barge, I doubt Paul will really punt Percat off into the chase flat out of anything stupid like that, but no doubt he will be racing him hard

Heck the Fujitsu series and Percat/coats got more PR in the following weeks than most of the year previously, sound like everyone got what they really want

Also what going to happens if Paul sells up and leaves; Who will then be public enemy #1?? I for one vote for Frosty, Those crap Teac ads

Last edited by St00ge; 30 Aug 2011 at 08:02.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2948159)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Back to topic... There will be a genuine gulf in the sport if Mr Morris chooses to sell up his racing assets, the HPDC & the preparation assets & RECs of PMM.

A number of drivers, mechanics & engineers have come through that school of hard knocks, most of whom have gone onto bigger and brighter things. The CotF contractor for example was PMM's chief engineer for several years... while a number of mechanics and qualified engineers in the category have been PMM staffers at some point....

... while there are at least 3 development series cars built by PMM competing this year, and a couple more sporting colours representing the largesse of the Sirromet/PMM group. Plus support in the production car series for various cars.

Take all this away... 20% of the Fujitsu series grid is gone.. a long term main game team is gone...

Laugh and poke fun that someone you have never met and will never really get to know may be choosing to remove their support for your favourite sport, but with no obvious replacement in the pipeline... sounds like motorsport would ultimately be the loser!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2948193)   #67
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it would be sad day if all those people were lost. Maybe some one will by it as a going concern.

THe only thing I wouldn't miss is Pauls dumb actions on the track. Other than that, the centre at Norwell is a valuable asset to any one willing to take it on.

Maybe Paul might build a new Speeway track on the south side of Bris or northern end of the Coast.

Maybe a sea change would be a good thing.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2948214)   #68
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul?

Paul?? Paul?? Is that you Paul??? Or is it Paul's mum??? That's it gotta be his mum!!!

ps they make sour grapes into sultanas and I feed them to my four year old!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post

You whine about Morris only being there due to his old mans cash, well **** look at Rodney Jane, at least morris is quick You also whine about the hard racing which has ALWAYS been the case, good on him for no pretending to be something he is not just to appease a couple of people having a whine on the internet.. The category is slowly becoming this bland wasteland of personalities and when someone shows a bit of raw emotion you all cry.. As mentioned above it takes two to tango and I think you will find Morris doesn't just go out there to look for trouble despite his reputation

Go shake your walking sticks at some one else please..
Old 31 Aug 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2948655)   #69
Bradley
Rookie

Bradley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
No driver would ever admit to, 'taking someone out' or 'sorting them out'... the only ones on the grid that would say that is Ingall and Morris because they aren't worried about being squeaky clean...

Anyone see the move they showed on V8Xtra with Jones and Skaife?

no one wants cars destroyed but geez a little emotion would be nice.
Old 31 Aug 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2948709)   #70
wjk98
Rookie

Australia
In the garage working on the racecar.
wjk98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There would be a lot of guys in speedway who have raced with Paul Morris and have no problems whatsoever.I've raced against him a couple of times and ran wheel to wheel no problems.
Obviously someone did something to **** him off and he said what he thought.
That happens all the time but guys just say nothing because it might upset the sponsors etc, etc.
I agree with stooge that all the V8 drivers seem to varying shades of beige. Where are the personalities? Take out Morris, Ingall, Gary Rogers, Brad Jones that's about it.
Plus just on Nascar.
How about that Bristol night race you could feel the vibe of the place during the build up thru the TV. Hear the crowd. Bloody marvellous. Now that's an event and race track facility. Perhaps that's why the Dude is a Nascar fan.
While I'm at it, for the NRL fans bring back the biff that Manly, Storm game was a cracker.
Perhaps they should get Tommy Raudonikis to help V8's get a bit of passion back into things.
Old 31 Aug 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2948839)   #71
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FOR SALE - NOT FOR SALE - RUMORS

Norwell - Other vested interests and partnerships

PMM - NEMO RACING pty Ltd - will real owner stand up

1/2 share V8 Superschool - check with mate overseas first

PMM - licensed CAMS testing - can you sell this?????

Similar thing happened to a team owner some years ago, had to sell some assets to satisfy circustances outside of racing.

is this another saga for the Womans Weekly?