Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jan 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1212374)   #26
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Does anyone else actually like Formula One?

Or is it just me?
I'm with you KB!

I get up at 6AM on race day here in the states to watch the European races, and for the Asian races I stay up all night, until the un-godly hour of 4:30AM, to finish watching the race! Now thats a fan my friends!

Danica Patrick
Old 29 Jan 2005, 06:08 (Ref:1212466)   #27
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I stay up and watch all the races, no matter what time I have to work/wake up in the next morning. Plus I tape all the races, ad free and watch them again the next day, followed by entering the race and qually results on my F1 database on computer, after which I update the scores of the tipping comp I run with friends.

Last edited by Skam85; 29 Jan 2005 at 06:09.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1212475)   #28
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The races start here at midnight and finish around 1:30am,work suffers the next day,but what the hell,its only work.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1212547)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have seen every race live since the early nineties and I would never think of missing one.

While IndyCar or Touring Cars may offer more in the way of all-out entertainment (and I watch them both), there's something special about F1.

It's the only type of racing where I feel a tension before the start.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1212563)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm with you on that last point there KB. I become a wobbling wreck in the weeks leading up to Melbourne for example. I love all motorsport, but I don't get the same sense of anticipation from, say, the weeks leading up to the opening IRL round.

But it's for that reason that I often feel more compelled to complain about F1 at times than other disciplines, because I expect more from it than anything else. Hence my over-reactions after Hungary last year!
Old 29 Jan 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1212649)   #31
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I've loved F1 for as long as I can remember but I haven't enjoyed the last few seasons of Ferrari/Schumacher domination. If we can have a season of real competition and real racing, then I'm sure my love for the sport will be even greater......
It saddens me a little that obviously genuine motor sport fans don't seem able to enjoy watching one of the greatest masters of their sport. Maybe I'm being a bit "untypically" British (not rooting for the underdog and all that) but I want TGF to wipe the floor with the lot of them. And its not because I particularly love Germans or Italians, but because I want to witness in my own lifetime the greatest driver ever to take to a race track. That is still up for argument in some people's minds, but another couple of seasons of total domination will silence all the critics and force even his detractors to admit that we are witnessing history being made, not just statistically, but in reality!

Old 29 Jan 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1212710)   #32
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It's the only type of racing where I feel a tension before the start.
Me too... i am a wreck 30 mins before the coverage starts...and the half hour before the coverage is terrible for me...it passes at snail's pace....and the race it seems is over in 20 mins..
Old 29 Jan 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1212720)   #33
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Me too... i am a wreck 30 mins before the coverage starts...and the half hour before the coverage is terrible for me...it passes at snail's pace....and the race it seems is over in 20 mins..
Same here, I remember trying to sleep the night before the '99 Japanese Grand Prix, really nervous because Eddie had a chance of winning the drivers world championship.

Those were the days.....
Old 29 Jan 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1212826)   #34
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
I stay up and watch all the races, no matter what time I have to work/wake up in the next morning. Plus I tape all the races, ad free and watch them again the next day, followed by entering the race and qually results on my F1 database on computer, after which I update the scores of the tipping comp I run with friends.
Its just dawned on me how sad my life was before i got married. I still enjoy F1 but at a slower pace. I havent missed a race since Australia 1986 altough more recently many are recorded and watched later that day. I like close racing which is why I long for the end of the Schumi era. Then I will toast to a Great driver and a return to closely fought races.

The start of a new season always exites me purely to see drivers in strange cars and new liveries.

P.S Big up the Jenson Button for World champion. The name of my child relies on it following on from Michael, Michael Jnr and Michael III.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 07:00 (Ref:1212983)   #35
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Only 34 sleeps then you guys can get that tingely in your pants feeling again.

Have we ever had a season with close actual wheel banging racing for the championship?.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 07:04 (Ref:1212986)   #36
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
34 sleeps and Michael Schumacher will quite probably break another record. Which one is it???
Old 30 Jan 2005, 07:32 (Ref:1212998)   #37
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
im like that will all the races

get very nervouse and exited arould 1/2 hour b 4 the race and it feels like it takes forever for the race to start!
Old 30 Jan 2005, 08:34 (Ref:1213015)   #38
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
If we can have a season of real competition and real racing, then I'm sure my love for the sport will be even greater......
How about you stay in Sportscars and I'll PM you if/when it happens
Old 30 Jan 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1213190)   #39
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can’t wait. When school life is getting me down I will be able to say, “Hang in there Vicki, only x days until you can watch a Grand Prix.” And I’m not being sarcy, it means I won’t have to resort to watching figure skating cos all the racing is being quiet. Also, my Internet connection might be sorted so I will be able to post without the risk of being cut off like the last time I tried to post this. Four whole days without Ten-Tenths does funny things to a girl… So if these words reach you, I am alive and well although slightly deprived of forum browsing capabilities.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1213194)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually, thinking about it, this off-season hasn't been too bad. It's went by faster than some.

Last off-season was absolutely unbearable as we sat waiting for the season billed by most as "most likely to be the greatest ever".
Old 1 Feb 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1214803)   #41
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And next off season, we'll have A1GP to watch through the winter, as opposed to nothing this time round.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1214909)   #42
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And next off season, we'll have A1GP to watch through the winter, as opposed to nothing this time round.
But in a way, this off-season so far we've had the race of champions, F3 Super Prixs, and WTCC races at Macau, Dakar, and Monte Carlo rally, and that's just of the top of my head.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1214912)   #43
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Only 32 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes, and 2 seconds.

Before the lights go out at Melbourne.

Last edited by luke; 1 Feb 2005 at 19:46.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1214940)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Only 32 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes, and 2 seconds.

Before the lights go out at Melbourne.
So are they having a power-cut on race day then.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1215218)   #45
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Only 31 days left now.
Isn't it amazing ,everyday its one day less.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 08:08 (Ref:1215234)   #46
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
But in a way, this off-season so far we've had the race of champions, F3 Super Prixs, and WTCC races at Macau, Dakar, and Monte Carlo rally, and that's just of the top of my head.

True - although I view the F3 and WTCC races as being part of the traditional racing season and the race of champions as a fun event.

It doesn't compare with top class single seaters regularly racing through November, December, January and February.