Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Dec 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3177502)   #26
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
80 confirmed entries, 4 reserves and a couple pending now - see http://chelmsfordmc.co.uk/Entry/MGJBHWS13/EntryList.php

Marshals and radio crews are needed so if you're available on the 12th Jan, please register via http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/marshals Registration will close on the 4th January 2013.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3177617)   #27
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there along with a few other old fart season ticketers. Looking forward to it, the last couple were really good entertainment especially welcome at this time of year.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3179922)   #28
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The media accreditation form for the MGJ Engineering Brands Hatch Winter Stages is now available at http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/media

Media accreditation will close on Monday 7th January 2013 at 12 noon and no applications will be accepted or considered after this time.

As always any questions, please ask!

80 paid and accepted entries, 3 reserves and 1 pending entry - latest entry list at http://chelmsfordmc.co.uk/Entry/MGJBHWS13/EntryList.php
Old 30 Dec 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3183018)   #29
Suze
Veteran

England
Chelmsford Motor Club and the MGJ Engineering Brands Hatch Winter Stages are pleased to announce that the event is to be filmed by Race Television with a 30 minute programme being produced which will be broadcast on Motors TV.

The transmission date is TBC but of course it will be publicised as soon as it is confirmed.

Remember as well as now being able to watch the event on TV, you can follow the event on Twitter (https://www..twitter.com/mgjbrandsstages), "like" the Facebook page (http://m.facebook.com/MGJEngineering...tages?refid=46), listen on the day via Rally FM (http://www.rallyfm.net) and keep up to date, including the latest entry list, via the event website: http://brandshatchstages.co.uk

Tickets are on sale to spectators at http://www.brandshatch.co.uk

Marshals are able to register via the event website link as above. Marshal registration closes at 6pm on New Year's Eve.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3183801)   #30
Suze
Veteran

England
Some of you who have entered have not fully completed your media form. If you are one of those people, you will have received an email earlier today.

Can you please go to http://brandshatchstages.co.uk and click “update your entry” which is on the front page. Enter your car number and the password you set up when you originally entered and complete any missing fields.

Please ensure all missing fields are completed by the evening of Monday 7th January at the very latest.

Many thanks.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3184193)   #31
Suze
Veteran

England
The coverage of the MGJ Engineering Brands Hatch Winter Stages will be shown for the first time on Motors TV on Friday 8th February at 2130.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3184840)   #32
SuperUno
Rookie

England
Thurrock, Essex
SuperUno should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeded entry list

http://chelmsfordmc.co.uk/Entry/MGJBHWS13/EntryList.php
Old 6 Jan 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3185466)   #33
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a question please..
when's the start time for 1st stage?

I can't find a timetable anywhere, I presume its 9am as per usual?

thanks
Old 6 Jan 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3185571)   #34
stirling lost
Rookie

United Kingdom
stirling lost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little slomo reminder of last years winter stages

http://youtu.be/YuXkcZyEHyM

Cheers

Del
Old 6 Jan 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3185608)   #35
Suze
Veteran

England
Yes, first car due on SS1 at 9am.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3185847)   #36
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the confirmation

have begun adding apps/web pages etc to my phone for the event, i was wondering do rallyfm actually broadcast on a radio frequency? can avoid data usage if so

also are there any stage route plans online anywhere? will the stages be the same as the ones from the summer '12 event? in the same order?
Old 7 Jan 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3185902)   #37
Suze
Veteran

England
Sorry as things stand no, they did in the Summer but that was because the Brands Hatch radio / broadcasting licence was in place whereas it's not in place over the winter. The commentary will be broadcast over the tannoy system.

The stages are similar but not the same as the Summer stages, see:

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/me...e_diagrams.pdf

Timetable [all timings approximate]:

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/me..._rally_jan.pdf

Last edited by Suze; 7 Jan 2013 at 11:09.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3186592)   #38
Suze
Veteran

England
Just a reminder that competitor bulletin number 1 is available at:

http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/sites..._Bulletin1.pdf

Please ensure you're familiar with the information in this, particularly with regards to the new rules for 2013.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3186599)   #39
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I saw that earlier, R38.2.1 is a backwards step isn't it? If we get to stage arrival and have a puncture we've either got to change it before we book in (and therefore book in late) or wait until we start the stage and then pull over straight away to change it. Oh well, the MSA knows best I suppose
Old 9 Jan 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3186719)   #40
Suze
Veteran

England
I know exactly what you're saying but although that is the rule and what will be worked to, I don't think it's aimed at the likes of you and so much.

My personal theory is crews have been through the arrival control, it's suddenly started raining or something, so they've changed 2 wheels to softer compounds they are carrying as spares, thus delaying their time starting the stage. The MSA want to avoid this, so have brought in the rule as mentioned, but it's slightly odd if you have a genuine puncture and have to start on it.

Simply my theory, but I do wonder....
Old 11 Jan 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3187832)   #41
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spectator viewing/access

What times are the pedestrian access points open/closed? We are hoping to view the opening stages from the rally school offroad section and the grandstand at Hailwoods so given that the event kicks off at 9.00am, what time will the pedestrian access points be closed?
Good event, compliments to the organizers, last years events went off very well
Old 11 Jan 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3187857)   #42
Suze
Veteran

England
Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately there are no set open / closed times, it will be when possible, and we hope this to be between stages but it is something we have to play by ear on the day as well.

Set-up is done now, so see everybody in the morning!
Old 11 Jan 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3187863)   #43
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately there are no set open / closed times, it will be when possible, and we hope this to be between stages but it is something we have to play by ear on the day as well.

Set-up is done now, so see everybody in the morning!
Thanks for that, just remembered from last year the Druids/Rally stage section and Hailwoods grandstand is accessible on foot from the main car park over the 2 bridges. To hell with the weather, action time.
Old 12 Jan 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3188095)   #44
Suze
Veteran

England
Remember you can follow the event now live as it happens!

Live Timing: http://www.vola-racing.com/rallypro/nicholls/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/mgjbrandsstages

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MGJEngineeri...chWinterStages

Rally FM: RallyFm.net will be broadcasting live from Brands Hatch on the day. To listen on a PC or Laptop go to www.rallyfm.net and click on ‘Listen Live’ or one of the alternate streams. To listen on your phone download the Tunein Radio app and search for RallyFM.
Old 12 Jan 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3188284)   #45
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Just returned from a todays meeting, great entertainment particularly the first stage action at Graham Hill bend!
Many thanks from me and my pals to all the organizers, marshalls and support crews for brightening up a cold winters day.
Old 12 Jan 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3188285)   #46
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Just got in and warmed up! Cracking day for us we really enjoyed it Big thank you to the Marshals and organisers - especially all those that had to spend all day standing out in the cold

There wasn't a lot of grip out there - especially on that 'rally stage' section of the stages, certainly made it interesting
Old 12 Jan 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3188289)   #47
MJ1
Rookie

MJ1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb event and conditions looked very difficult! Couple of pics of you Bertmk2!
Old 13 Jan 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3188496)   #48
SuperUno
Rookie

England
Thurrock, Essex
SuperUno should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks to all the organisers and marshals for their hard work in some very cold conditions, for a great days rallying.

Any pics of us in car 61?
Old 13 Jan 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3188546)   #49
gas305
Rookie

England
Worthing
gas305 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabulous event in every way. Took some more first time rally spectators who all said it was the best organised motorsport they had been to.
Level of skill from the drivers was amazing, Vince Bristow in the BMW was scarier than he is in rallycross. The driver of the day though was the white E30 BMW (Chris Harris?) what a hero!! His co driver must have needed a stiff drink last night!!

BTW did anybody else see the Ferrari spin on the start/finish straight? He must have a deal going with the big man upstairs to have spun at that speed and missed everything!!

Will try and upload some photos later if i can. CANNOT wait for Goodwood!!

Martin seemed more restrained than usual Bertmk2 dont you think?! Very neat and tidy and a lot less sideways
Old 13 Jan 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3188552)   #50
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUno View Post
Many thanks to all the organisers and marshals for their hard work in some very cold conditions, for a great days rallying.

Any pics of us in car 61?
Hey guys, as I normally cover the CSCC and 'tarmac' racing (fast stuff that tarmac lol) thought we would mainly stick to the rally stage for this one. Tried to make sure that we got a few shots of every car through the staged up to the last stage (had to shoot off)

#61. . . . . might have

Will be adding some more shot's that my wife took from the banking a little later.

Full gallery HERE if you want to take a look.

REALLY difficult to pick a favourite from the cars, I'm not actually sure that I can - so for now I will just stick with all of them.

Thank you all for a great days racing even if I did nearly end up loosing the use of my hands and feet being stood out there all day.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!