Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Feb 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3023077)   #51
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that Nissan have chosen the Kelly's.

Only 5 teams registered to build the COTF, HRT, FPR, 888, SBR & KRT.
Two of those are already factory teams, two have their factory support ending this year and one has none (or very limited) factory support.

If you were a manufacturer with a big cheque book, which team would you want to talk to first?

Maybe the Kelly's offered below market value investment!

Wonder what's cooking for 888 and SBR?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3023083)   #52
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Under the new spec series regulations, could a team run a nissan without nissan factory supporting the team or series?
I don't see why not, but would a team (could a team afford to) spend a heap of money on developing an areo kit and an engine package from scratch?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3023084)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The sedan version of the Nissan Altima...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3023097)   #54
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From AA facebook page:

NISSAN RETURNS IN V8 ASSAULT
By Mark Fogarty, Editor-At-Large
Nissan Australia will return to racing next year with a full factory-backed entry in V8 Supercars with Kelly Racing.
To be announced in Melbourne tomorrow morning, the family-owned Kelly outfit will be rebranded Nissan Motorsport and field as many as four official entries.
The cars will run in primarily Nissan livery – normally red, white and blue – that incorporates other team sponsors.
Still to be decided is what Nissan model the Car Of The Future-spec V8 racers will emulate, with candidates ranging from the Maxima large car to the Japanese-market four-door Skyline to the mid-size Altima or Primera.
Enginewise, it’s understood Nissan Oz and Kelly Racing will develop a localised version of one of the company’s existing racing V8s, with input from the NISMO motor sport division in Japan.
The unexpectedly full-frontal factory deal ends the two-decade Ford/Holden duopoly in V8 racing.
Ironically, Nissan’s last involvement in Australian touring car racing was with the category-killing “Godzilla” Skyline GT-R, the early 1990s domination of which prompted the switch to the V8 Commodores and Falcons that have reigned since 1994.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3023098)   #55
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The sedan version of the Nissan Altima...

From this angle it looks like the AU aero kit should bolt straight on!
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3023100)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3023105)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Kelly Racing.... Back to the Future

Or

Or
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3023106)   #58
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well that solves the jack daniels issue
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3023108)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3023114)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So.. will Mr Murphy race for Nissan?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3023118)   #61
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So.. will Mr Murphy race for Nissan?
No.

BJR will run Audi A8's and murph will return there.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3023124)   #62
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More likely to be a sportier (less luxury) version of the Nissan Infinite M56 (Nissan Fuga in Japan)

See - http://www.insideline.com/infiniti/m...rst-drive.html
Old 8 Feb 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3023126)   #63
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
well that solves the jack daniels issue
Perhaps Jack Daniels could appear on the side of 2 good 'ol chrysler 300c's, running under 2 PMM REC's he swipes back...

Or could tekno run with that sponsor..even for 2012. And nissan logos and colours adorn the panels of the KR commodores this year!!

I still think a significant announcement, one which would surprise people, is that the V8's will run a night race in coober pedy. all underground tunnels, and half of the tunnels will have a shallow layer of water in them. So the teams would need to run serious downforce enabling the cars to run upside down on the roof where these water tunnels are. Then they'd broadcast it in 3D and all the pit crew are grid girls... yep. Yep.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3023128)   #64
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nm
Old 8 Feb 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3023137)   #65
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it be more economical to join a 4 car team ? Then you'd get more of your cars on the grid for less money than sponsoring 2 x 2 car teams ?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 14:22 (Ref:3023177)   #66
b195
Rookie

b195 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming it's Nissan, a new model Altima will be released in the near future in the US which will be coming to Australia and is likely to replace the Maxima here as Nissan's "large" car. To me it's the car that would make the most sense as it's the right size and will actually be sold here - V8 Supercar might be becoming more international, but I personally wouldn't be racing a car that isn't sold in this country (unless you have more dollars than sense, or a really big advertising budget, preferably paid by Head Office).
Old 8 Feb 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3023201)   #67
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I think for a long time people have been looking for the status quo to change and it finally happened!
Old 8 Feb 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3023202)   #68
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Gold Coast event will now be assured of an extra couple of million spectators
Old 8 Feb 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3023212)   #69
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty05 View Post
Enginewise, it’s understood Nissan Oz and Kelly Racing will develop a localised version of one of the company’s existing racing V8s, with input from the NISMO motor sport division in Japan.
What! no pushrods! The world just tipped on its axis.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3023254)   #70
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Old 8 Feb 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3023269)   #71
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
4-car Nissan entry for Kellys? Quite... awesome if you ask me
Old 8 Feb 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3023289)   #72
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedreader View Post
More likely to be a sportier (less luxury) version of the Nissan Infinite M56 (Nissan Fuga in Japan)

See - www.insideline.com/infiniti/m56/2011/2011-infiniti-m56-first-drive.html
In case of Infiniti the G37 (Nissan Skyline) seems more logical. Love that car.

But I assume it will the be new 2013 Nissan Altima.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3023298)   #73
Driver TBA
Veteran

What's Fred Gibson up to these days?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3023325)   #74
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Is it just me or has this announcement been handled really badly?

Appears that the information may have been leaked to James Phelps (at least partially) before the announcement.

Assuming that all the stories overnight are true (Nissan and Kelly Racing) it seems that this has not been a great way to start a relationship with a new manufacturer as the impact planned for the announcement could well be lost.

Wonder whether the leak came from KR, VESA or Nissan?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3023331)   #75
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...s/2449206.aspx
Three-way race as Nissan joins V8 Supercars

could we see redbull on the car ?