Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3041661)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Almost ! That's because, unlike english, in portuguese you define the gender of all things... so "a car" is "um carro" (male) and not "uma carra" (female) !
Old 15 Mar 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3041668)   #52
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that we can guess which one is the male car here.

Old 15 Mar 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3041910)   #53
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Mind you, as strange as it might be to you lot, around here cars are considered to be males... so this is a weird conversation to me !
Interesting, it must be something that you guys do, or don't do in Brazil because all of our cars are female...

Where is the doctor when I need him....
Old 16 Mar 2012, 00:50 (Ref:3041945)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well,

Bikes are female...

So many nice curves, it must be females...

Now you really need a doctor !!
Old 16 Mar 2012, 00:55 (Ref:3041947)   #55
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I REALY love bikes, forget F1 I am leaving...
Old 16 Mar 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3041955)   #56
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Fast and dangerous ! What a combination...
Old 16 Mar 2012, 02:02 (Ref:3041962)   #57
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perry the Platypus
Old 16 Mar 2012, 02:27 (Ref:3041965)   #58
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My car is a male in my mind. I'm a language teacher and I was talking to a student about this today saying as much. I just don't see them as female generally.

Plus, they have an exhaust pipe.. but then, that has a hole. Anyway, this is a family forum. Self-spank for that. Ah, a family forum I said.
Old 17 Mar 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3042770)   #59
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Auntie Bessy?
Old 17 Mar 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3043270)   #60
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Could we please get back to the girl in the photo..

So what is this thread about ?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:58 (Ref:3043621)   #61
Raspberry
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Raspberry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Slightly scabby Abbey' so far...