Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jan 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3009946)   #26
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Regardless of what happens Bernie will come out smileing, Joe Saward has a few words on the subject that will probably result in one or two less European races.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/
Old 10 Jan 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3009949)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there is always a lot of talk about alternating races within a country i just dont see how it makes more sense to do that. from a branding point of view it must be harder to establish a reputation and fan base if you are switching from year to year. this is even more problematic for Valencia since it is a newer circuit.

i suppose if its the only way to guarantee a race in your country you do it but have the German races become more profitable and better attended since they chose to alternate?
Old 10 Jan 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3009956)   #28
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If my memory serves me correctly both races were loss making that in a country that last year had a quater of the drivers, current world champion and has won 7 of the last 12 world drivers championships. There is something wrong if they can't make a profit from a GP in Germany.

+ its a motorsport mad country.
Old 11 Jan 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3010287)   #29
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With my girlfriend's family coming from Valencia, I'm well aware of how little that regional government can afford to commit more disgraces and line the fat pockets of Ecclestone. There is no excuse for using taxpayers' money for a Grand Prix there. Many Spanish governments have already used taxpayers' money in fraudulent ways and the area does not need a Grand Prix to increase its tourism or appeal, not at the amount it costs.
Old 11 Jan 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3010445)   #30
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
And I really don't think Valencia is as bad a circuit as is made out. It doesn't have an atmosphere, but I think it has a better track layout than say Hungary or Singapore.
What? Hungary has an absolutely amazing layout. One of the most interesting layouts in F1 imo
Old 15 Jan 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3012065)   #31
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
What? Hungary has an absolutely amazing layout. One of the most interesting layouts in F1 imo
For a circuit that doesn't produce a lot of overtaking, it certainly seems to be a favourite among the drivers.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3036041)   #32
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Joe Saward has heard that Valencia is in serious doubt because of a lack of money being paid to Bernie.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/
Old 6 Mar 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3036043)   #33
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Good.

Selby

--

Even happier to hear there's a replacement in mind..!
Old 6 Mar 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3036142)   #34
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well hopefully what Saward is referring to 'the French' works out as then Spa might become a permanent fixture rather than a rotation race.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3036170)   #35
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Well hopefully what Saward is referring to 'the French' works out as then Spa might become a permanent fixture rather than a rotation race.
But surely Spa is on rotation because the organisers can't afford it every year?
Old 7 Mar 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3036394)   #36
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't take what Joe is saying about France that seriously. If they haven't agreed or announced the Belgium rotation by now I doubt they will be able to announce a race this year. Surely Turkey is much more likely as a replacement.
Old 7 Mar 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3036652)   #37
AngusFangus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
AngusFangus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at a Silverstone Marshal Club meet up the other month, where Christian Horner of Red Bull was the guest speaker.

He confirmed Valencia would be going and also spoke of other Countries who have expressed an interest in hosting races
Old 7 Mar 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3036696)   #38
Jordan 199
Rookie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Jordan 199 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't miss Valenica, and it would be nice to see it replaced with something better. If it is another Tikering then hopefully it'd be more like his newer Tracks (Korea, India) than his older, duller ones. Maybe it could mean a race not having to rotate with another country every year, which seems to be where European grand prix are heading.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3036898)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My girlfriend is from Valencia province and knowing how the government have slashed her parents' salaries (teachers are civil servants in Spain), I'd rather see the Grand Prix go than see a government lining Bernie's pockets when the economy is tits up and they're punishing the people.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3037500)   #40
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
According to Bernie the 2 Spanish GPs are to rotate, no mention of this year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97918