Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Jun 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3747050)   #1626
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
What's the technical differences between Peter Cunningham's Acura TLX GT, James Robinson's Acura NSX and Nick Robinson's Acura TLX A-Spec?
Old 26 Jun 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3747058)   #1627
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Everything.

PD's car is the old PWC car, the others are essentially street cars.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3747090)   #1628
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the Pikes Peak event, you can build or run anything. They will find or make a class for you. So determining a spec is pretty much impossible for most classes. The event has lost it's luster since it's all paved. Due to the altitude change, the upper switchback is as interesting as watching the 250cc 2 cycle motorcross bikes run up there when it was dirt. No power and thus pretty easy to navigate. You have to remember, the finish is over 14K ft in altitude. So, at least with the high horsepower cars on dirt, it was interesting, with all of the grip on tarmac, not so.

I made the mistake at camping at over 13K one year and never again. Froze my butt off and there's no trees to block the wind. Picnic ground is much better.
Old 4 Jul 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3748890)   #1629
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/por...l-igtc-season/
Confirmation of Porsche entering the California eight hour race at Laguna Seca. Most likely with one of our PWC teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscar365
Team nominations for the two remaining IGTC rounds after Spa, the California 8 Hours at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Motul Sepang 12 Hours, have yet to be declared, although Porsche has local teams on both continents with GT3-spec machinery.
Old 5 Jul 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3749125)   #1630
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
http://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/por...l-igtc-season/
Confirmation of Porsche entering the California eight hour race at Laguna Seca. Most likely with one of our PWC teams.
Most of the entrants will be PWC teams
Old 6 Jul 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3749290)   #1631
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Most of the entrants will be PWC teams
Hopefully there is a good turn out of PWC regulars. If a good solid field can be assembled, We could be in for a really awesome event.
Old 6 Jul 2017, 14:39 (Ref:3749292)   #1632
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Possibility of an entry for ESM at the Laguna Seca race.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/br...g-gt3-program/
Old 6 Jul 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3749294)   #1633
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/sw...i-gtd-program/
Purely speculation on my part, but I think the California 8 hour race would be a good fit for the AJR Audi team.
Probably just wishful thinking.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3749786)   #1634
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Gainsco is already back in action:
Old 11 Jul 2017, 14:51 (Ref:3750423)   #1635
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two more confirmed entries for the California 8 Hours:

http://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/rac...california-8h/
Old 21 Jul 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3753413)   #1636
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Mike Hedlund will not complete the rest of the season with K-Pax which sucks to hear.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...pwc-drive.html

Mike are you able to shed anymore light on why?
Old 21 Jul 2017, 22:35 (Ref:3753436)   #1637
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Mike are you able to shed anymore light on why?
It's a combination of multiple factors, not just one thing. But probably the biggest was simply not being competitive in the car -- read into that what you will; me sucking, general BoP, certain manufacturers having different "Am" BoP, whatever.

It wasn't due to lack of effort or preparation on the car. The team is one of the best anywhere in the world, bar-none. I already hurt myself at Long Beach over-driving the car and couldn't find a reason to continue risking myself or destroying someone else's car for no reason... and paying $75k/weekend for the trouble. We all race to compete, not to lap around.

I had a good meeting with Greg Gill at Road America (w/ Darren Law) and made very clear what my issues with the series were (which I haven't mentioned here or anywhere in public) and that they were unacceptable. Greg is a really good guy and I think he'll get things sorted out eventually.

I paid my crew guys for the entire season, unlike some idiots who post comments on news articles without a clue would assume. The team could put someone else in the car if they wanted, I didn't make them park it.. but it's pretty late in the season and with the results we've had, I doubt anyone is banging down their door to pay for my seat.

Happy to answer any other questions. Definitely a bummer though, not sure what to do with my time now! :-)

-mike
Old 21 Jul 2017, 23:25 (Ref:3753444)   #1638
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
It's a combination of multiple factors, not just one thing. But probably the biggest was simply not being competitive in the car -- read into that what you will; me sucking, general BoP, certain manufacturers having different "Am" BoP, whatever.

It wasn't due to lack of effort or preparation on the car. The team is one of the best anywhere in the world, bar-none. I already hurt myself at Long Beach over-driving the car and couldn't find a reason to continue risking myself or destroying someone else's car for no reason... and paying $75k/weekend for the trouble. We all race to compete, not to lap around.

I had a good meeting with Greg Gill at Road America (w/ Darren Law) and made very clear what my issues with the series were (which I haven't mentioned here or anywhere in public) and that they were unacceptable. Greg is a really good guy and I think he'll get things sorted out eventually.

I paid my crew guys for the entire season, unlike some idiots who post comments on news articles without a clue would assume. The team could put someone else in the car if they wanted, I didn't make them park it.. but it's pretty late in the season and with the results we've had, I doubt anyone is banging down their door to pay for my seat.

Happy to answer any other questions. Definitely a bummer though, not sure what to do with my time now! :-)

-mike
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Mike, I'm not the only one who appreciates your openness to answering such questions. I saw those comments that you alluded to on another well known site and its disappointing that people behave like that. Its easy to act like that when you're an anonymous keyboard warrior and not someone actively participating in the series. I'm gonna assume you're not happy with BOP and if you're having to overdrive the car due to that then that's concerning especially seeing how unforgiving the McLaren is with any kind of driver.

You're paying to be there, not the other way around so if you choose to stop then that's your call
Old 22 Jul 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3753512)   #1639
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

-mike
I got a question for you Mike, from an insider's prospective how would you rate Bryan Seller's performance in the McLaren. He is great in the IMSA Lamborghini. Not as familiar with his performance in PWC so far. I always thought it would neat if Bryan could become hired as a factory McLaren driver. Is he worthy of that?
Old 22 Jul 2017, 12:31 (Ref:3753513)   #1640
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's nice to hear things directly from the driver, rather than rumours. Thanks Mike.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3753515)   #1641
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That's a shame to hear, but as always, you put your case across succinctly and without malice. I hope you find another, more rewarding/competitive drive soon.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3753542)   #1642
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I got a question for you Mike, from an insider's prospective how would you rate Bryan Seller's performance in the McLaren. He is great in the IMSA Lamborghini. Not as familiar with his performance in PWC so far. I always thought it would neat if Bryan could become hired as a factory McLaren driver. Is he worthy of that?
Bryan is one of the fastest guys I've ever met and super good with chassis feedback (especially tire tech after the years with Falken). He's also very easy to get along with (as are the rest of the KPAX drivers) and went out of his way every weekend to help me get up to speed.. even though that wasn't what he was being paid to do. Even when I was at Le Mans he was texting me every day seeing how things were going and stuff like that -- a really stand up guy.

Alvaro helped develop the car at McLaren GT and has driven it the last few years so it's impressive to me what Bryan has done with such limited time in the car.

-mike
Old 22 Jul 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3753549)   #1643
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Perhaps a solution could be to have driver-based BoP rather than manufacturer-based BoP.

So if a pro driver is really good in a car, the am drivers with the same car don't get penalized.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3753757)   #1644
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Am BoP is gone from the latest Appendix A chart: http://files.world-challenge.com/veh...xA-GT-v112.pdf
Old 14 Aug 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3759335)   #1645
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
The California 8 hr race is really starting to look mega!
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...california-8h/
Old 14 Aug 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3759336)   #1646
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Whole lotta maybes and we'll sees.
Old 14 Aug 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3759343)   #1647
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Are Trans-Am entries allowed?
Old 14 Aug 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3759346)   #1648
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
No.
Old 14 Aug 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3759359)   #1649
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Are Trans-Am entries allowed?
Trans Am can't even get entries for their own West Coast rounds
Old 14 Aug 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3759374)   #1650
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope k pax put everything together for a minimum 2 car entry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk