Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Feb 2016, 02:10 (Ref:3614343)   #26
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Cars are on track and excited for the new season.
I like the look of some these new front ends. The
Furniture Row #78 in a gloss black really looks
dynamite.

My Favorites for the year:
Elliott, Patrick, Jr., and Edwards. (and Smoke when he is back).
Just saw a replay of Smoke on periscope shown on Race Hub.
Yikes - he showed the surgery area, Uffda!

Good luck to Vickers. Be great to see him get a win while he is in the seat.
Yes, good to see cars on the track again. First time in 82 days!
Old 14 Feb 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3614648)   #27
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That a boy Chase! Youngest ever on the Pole for the Daytona 500.
What a start to the season!

Kennseth #2 (car #20) to complete the locked in front row.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 01:48 (Ref:3614728)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That a boy Chase! Youngest ever on the Pole for the Daytona 500.
What a start to the season!

Great start for sure.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 15 Feb 2016 at 01:57.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3614767)   #29
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm quite excited to see what Elliott can do this year and the #24 looks good.

Must admit I'm starting to feel a bit of hype building up for Sunday.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3614863)   #30
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This will be interesting to keep tabs on this
year. Elliott VS Buescher should be quite good all year.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...n-scott-010116

A little concerned about the 10,14,4 at SHR.
Not sure what was their deal in Quali.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3615150)   #31
canamman
Veteran

United States
Wow, 2016 Daytona 500 *SOLD OUT*.

Scratch the walk up idea.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 18:14 (Ref:3615183)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wow, 2016 Daytona 500 *SOLD OUT*.

Scratch the walk up idea.
Hmmm. Did they reduce their capacity in removing the backstretch grandstands or did it increase with the monster frontstretch grandstands now? And sold out grandstands tickets and RV spots? If so, good on them.

I don't think they'll sell out AMS. Getting close to that 10 forecast range. Warming up this weekend and will be absolutely lovely. You know what that means....
Old 16 Feb 2016, 22:43 (Ref:3615294)   #33
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Hmmm. Did they reduce their capacity in removing the backstretch grandstands or did it increase with the monster frontstretch grandstands now? And sold out grandstands tickets and RV spots? If so, good on them.

I don't think they'll sell out AMS. Getting close to that 10 forecast range. Warming up this weekend and will be absolutely lovely. You know what that means....
First time in 10 years the 500 has been sold out albeit may be
apples and oranges since the back straight is gone. 101,500 seats now.
I am sure the infield is usually the first thing to go.

We are again doing Saturday at AMS. Very good value to see trucks,xfinity races plus a cup practice. BTW 102 cars took the green at the Road Atl. Chump race. 2 cars on the lead lap 14 hours later. Quite the site on a very
dark track. $10 at the gate.

The Duels can't get here quick enough.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 07:53 (Ref:3615649)   #34
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ty Dillon had an oil leak during practice and triggered a relatively minor multi-car crash in turn two. Ryan Newman, Michael Waltrip, Kyle Larson and a few others were involved. No major damage to any of the cars but Larson and Waltrip will be in backup cars for tonight's duels nonetheless.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 22:05 (Ref:3615840)   #35
canamman
Veteran

United States
I was watching when that happened. Initially I was cussing Waltrip
for that till I saw the replays. Ready for the Duels tonite. Going to be interesting to see which non-charters gets in. I really hope there are no
crashes but there is a lot on the line for a few. If I am and Chase E. , I am
taking the green and then heading to the back slowly and carefully
and focus on good pit stops.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 22:49 (Ref:3615849)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Uggg. I guess I'll watch tonight.

Is 1990 500 winner Derricke Cope entered this year?
Old 19 Feb 2016, 01:53 (Ref:3615872)   #37
canamman
Veteran

United States
Way to go Junior. Winner of Race #1.
Not too much damage in the field which is good.
Chase played it perfect.

I do miss the days when I always took a
vacation day or played hooky to watch
the day time twins.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 02:20 (Ref:3615876)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The night races "work" this day in age.

Strong showing from "The Kid" in his first duel but JR schooled the field in Race 1.

Jeff Gordon is a horrendous broadcaster. I'd almost rather listen to DW. ALMOST.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3615881)   #39
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yay for plate racing! We got a mini big one before the night was over.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 03:04 (Ref:3615884)   #40
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I forgot it was on tonight.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 11:00 (Ref:3615951)   #41
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The night races "work" this day in age.

Strong showing from "The Kid" in his first duel but JR schooled the field in Race 1.

Jeff Gordon is a horrendous broadcaster. I'd almost rather listen to DW. ALMOST.
I think Gordon is decent but during the Sprint Unlimited (don't get the Duels on TV here) it was obvious he and the others need some time to gel properly. I also think he'll get a lot better as he gets more comfortable in the commentating role.
Old 19 Feb 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3616015)   #42
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
I think Gordon is decent but during the Sprint Unlimited (don't get the Duels on TV here) it was obvious he and the others need some time to gel properly. I also think he'll get a lot better as he gets more comfortable in the commentating role.
Perhaps it's cause he is new at it and with his crew, but I really think it's because I never liked him and his voice nowhere near "radio" quality. It's not an easy job and only a few are really good at it.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 02:18 (Ref:3616404)   #43
canamman
Veteran

United States
Way to go Chase! Wins Xfinity at Daytona over
Logano at the line. Great race!
Old 21 Feb 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3616465)   #44
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greeting Everyone. Well, the Daytona 500 is here. Watched that non-points race, last Saturday, I've given up on trying to keep up with the constant name changes for it, I'll just call it the Clash-CRASH. Really, I'd rather them drop this non-points race and add a race, on a track that they don't run on, (can you say IOWA) to the schedule. So, today, I'll say Earhnardt Jr, if he can avoid the "Big Ones". Say what you want, the man can flat out DRIVE these "plate" races, he has Dale's ability to "see the wind", NO ONE ELSE has that and that is an advantage! Several others have a good chance and the two young rookies, Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney, CANNOT be counted out! Those two are going to put on one HELL of a run for Rookie of the Year -- Best battle for that award, in YEARS! So. good to have RACING back! Y'all have a GREAT Day and ENJOY the Daytona 500. I'll check in later!
Old 21 Feb 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3616507)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Way to go Chase! Wins Xfinity at Daytona over
Logano at the line. Great race!
That's "awesome"! No matter what happens today, I'd say it has been a successful weekend for The Kid. Hopefully, he can stay out of trouble today for a top 15 finish. Anything beyond that, I think is a tall order but stranger things have happened at the Speedway.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 18:11 (Ref:3616515)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great News UK Sports Fans! Premier Sports have the Daytona 500 on as Free View!

This is their chance to get me to subscribe.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 18:15 (Ref:3616517)   #47
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any good way to watch online?

I was hoping it'd be streamed on the official site like the 24 Hours, but anywhere else if it isn't?
Old 21 Feb 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3616523)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Great News UK Sports Fans! Premier Sports have the Daytona 500 on as Free View!
This is their chance to get me to subscribe.
Excellent! Enjoy!

I may the only person in Georgia drinking Guinness, watching a stockcar race!
Old 21 Feb 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3616532)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Well $hit. Chase is done.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3616536)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crashed into grass!

Now there is another...

I may be the only person watching NASCAR with a Gin and Tonic!