Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Nov 2015, 16:34 (Ref:3589521)   #2251
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That's too bad. I hope they can get it worked out, but I wonder why Merc would want to pay if they would only have cars (old model at that) for the NAEC. Unless other teams step up to the plate I don't see it happening.

In positive news: Madison Snow and Bryan Sellers in Paul Miller Lambo!

Also, the DW proto will be at the Daytona test, and not decided on the race yet.
I think Mercedes having their own car at the test is a positive sign. If they can sign up another team to run that car for the 24, I think Mercedes will pay the ransom.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3589526)   #2252
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Maybe Chip wants just single GT there so that it doesn't totally overpower the headlines "Hi to my family at home" guy is supposedly gonna get in his Ganassi Daytona Dinosaur on the way to orchestrated 6th and final overall win.

Is Pruett still with Ganassi? I could have sworn his deal with Gentilozzi/Lexus meant he was looking for a different ride.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3589527)   #2253
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Is Pruett still with Ganassi? I could have sworn his deal with Gentilozzi/Lexus meant he was looking for a different ride.
He is working on a deal to run with a different P team for the 24 only, definitely split from Ganassi who doesn't look like being there with anything but the Fords. Somebody would be wise to take him since the powers that rule love to arrange sentimental headline events.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3589538)   #2254
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I think Mercedes having their own car at the test is a positive sign. If they can sign up another team to run that car for the 24, I think Mercedes will pay the ransom.
Good point. The other complicating factor is that Mercedes is apparently having trouble getting any customer cars built in time for Daytona. so even if a team wanted to sign up, they couldn't.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3589552)   #2255
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Pruett will probably end up with Action Express as Bourdais is off to Ford as one of their endurance drivers.

The Mercedes story is interesting:
- FIA homologation not yet completed - I'm guessing because either production on the road cars haven't started yet or production is behind on schedule - so the FIA wants to inspect.
- race car production is delayed as well - probably as a result of the delayed homologation
- potential US customers can buy a car but it might not be delivered in time for Daytona 24, making it harder for them to go after the championship or endurance cup if so (http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12312...but-at-daytona)
-MB is still in negotiations with IMSA regarding the 'manu. fee' - no need to pay upfront if you don't sell one or more of your new cars. Being at next week's test will keep all options open hence their presence.

All in all I'm quietly confident we will see one or more MB cars on the grid (hopefully both old and new cars) and expecting more info to come out from the test.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3589582)   #2256
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Also, the DW proto will be at the Daytona test, and not decided on the race yet.
Confirmed for the test, The Roar and the race.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3589587)   #2257
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Confirmed for the test, The Roar and the race.
Thanks! Any sponsor or driver news you can share anonymously?
Old 11 Nov 2015, 07:42 (Ref:3589667)   #2258
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
racer: PR1 / Mathiasen won't be in P

Quote:
Although he continues to harbor a desire to graduate to Prototype, Oergel will refocus the team's energies on PC next season.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 08:54 (Ref:3589680)   #2259
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
What a ****er.

I think EVERYONE would have rather seen the ARX-04b back on track versus a PC.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3589684)   #2260
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But didn't that Honda suck? In fact HPD feels like it's in flux right now, so you really can't blame them.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3589729)   #2261
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks! Any sponsor or driver news you can share anonymously?
Andy & Kat in the car for sure. Gabby could added for Daytona. The car will be in the Claro livery for the test (because of the contract with Carlos Sims). Who knows, with Rojas past relationship with team manager Tim Keene, he may be back as well.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3589741)   #2262
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post

Some much needed boost and variety for the P class not materializing is a big bummer...

And with that chances we'll see that HPD coupe ever again have faded as good as completely now.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 16:47 (Ref:3589748)   #2263
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Some much needed boost and variety for the P class not materializing is a big bummer...

And with that chances we'll see that HPD coupe ever again have faded as good as completely now.
Disappointing to read, but I don't blame them. If I were in their position I would ride the pc into the sunset this year and plan for a 2017 P car campaign. The hpd had little future viability and this may be the nail in the coffin.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3589757)   #2264
Coach Ep
Veteran

I'm guessing HPD was hoping IMSA would let them race their car in 2017 as well (like the ACO does in ELMS/AsLMS) but got a firm negative response (and HPD wasn't offering enough support [aka discount] to run the car for only a year) which made Oegler and Guasch decide to look at other P2 options and postpone their promotion plans for now and stick with the PC route.

Long, very long shots: Maybe we will see ESM campaigning the car at Daytona and/or Sebring? Or Starworks?
Old 11 Nov 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3589772)   #2265
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm guessing HPD was hoping IMSA would let them race their car in 2017 as well (like the ACO does in ELMS/AsLMS) but got a firm negative response (and HPD wasn't offering enough support [aka discount] to run the car for only a year) which made Oegler and Guasch decide to look at other P2 options and postpone their promotion plans for now and stick with the PC route.

Long, very long shots: Maybe we will see ESM campaigning the car at Daytona and/or Sebring? Or Starworks?
That reasoning is incorrect. Read the last paragraph of this....

http://www.imsa.com/articles/imsa-in...dpi-debut-2017

L.P.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 18:35 (Ref:3589773)   #2266
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

According to sportscar 365 the car could race in 2017.
Quote:
IMSA also announced that closed-cockpit LMP2 cars built between 2014 and 2016 will be eligible (grandfathered) to compete in the WeatherTech Championship during the 2017 season.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/im...-dpi-for-2017/
Old 11 Nov 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3589775)   #2267
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to me the idea of going from a well known (and paid for) PC to an unknown, unsorted P2 would be pretty ambitious - maybe common sense interfered.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3589780)   #2268
HJJ
Veteran

United States
At this late stage to get it ready for the '16 season, I still think Honda will turn the car over to Andretti's team to run in IMSA. They have the personnel, engineering and history with Honda to make it work. I would have said RLL but that's too much of a conflict of interest, IMHO.
Old 11 Nov 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3589791)   #2269
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
At this late stage to get it ready for the '16 season, I still think Honda will turn the car over to Andretti's team to run in IMSA. They have the personnel, engineering and history with Honda to make it work. I would have said RLL but that's too much of a conflict of interest, IMHO.
And who is going to pay for it? It won't be Honda or HPD.

-mike
Old 11 Nov 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3589799)   #2270
Makaze
Racer

Makaze has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yep... HPD is just trying to get some money back from the failed project.

No team is going to run it unless Honda pays the bill and that will not happen.

Honda's budget now is going to the NSX GTE/GT3 project and that is what killed the CRZ-GT project(could of raced one more year but Honda dropped funding).

ARX-04b is going to the history books as one of the worse racecars ever.(nobody wanted to race it)
Old 11 Nov 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3589808)   #2271
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaze View Post

Honda's budget now is going to the NSX GTE/GT3 project and that is what killed the CRZ-GT project(could of raced one more year but Honda dropped funding).

ARX-04b is going to the history books as one of the worse racecars ever.(nobody wanted to race it)
Worst racecar ever is a little harsh. It was slow, but all it needed was a little (or perhaps a lot) development and it could have succeeded.

Good to see the GTE/3 version of the NSX isn't dead. Honda hasn't been hitting a lot of homeruns on the race track lately in any discipline. They need a project to get them going again.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 01:24 (Ref:3589843)   #2272
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think their f1 engine will be good next year. They just need to tackle the the ers-h and itll be ok. As for the arx, I hope it runs somewhere. AsLMS sounds like itll be open for a few more years so theres something to shoot for.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 04:05 (Ref:3589859)   #2273
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

These are the cars scheduled to be at the IMSA test next week.

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...20Schedule.pdf
Old 12 Nov 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3589894)   #2274
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaze View Post

Well, I has the same sentiment as you are. Hopefully, the NSX GTE/GT3 car can move forward regardless of having hybrid capabilities or not.

As for the ARX-04b, while it wasn't the worst prototype, I guess that it was just a flawed racecar unleashed at the wrong place and at the wrong time!
Old 12 Nov 2015, 13:36 (Ref:3589927)   #2275
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
These are the cars scheduled to be at the IMSA test next week.

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...20Schedule.pdf
A Porsche 911 997 GT3! I thought IMSA says they don't exist!

Nice to see 2 Ford GTs there. That should probably put to rest any talk about only 1 being ready for the 24 Hours.

This will be Shank's first time with his P2 car at Daytona too. Maybe not the first, but remember he didn't have it in time for this year's race.