Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 6 Feb 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1834846)   #426
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Maybe with some serious competition like this, the Hans device may come down in price.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1834957)   #427
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those of you who saw the Dakar coverage may have noticed most of the bike riders used the letts brace.

I was talking the CAMS Technical Manager (who sits on the FIA Tech commission and is an advisor to the Safety commission) and he said that the unit has not been formally tested, however, early indications are that it is not as good in a frontal collision, but, in controling lateral acceleration it is vasstly superior. The problem is that the FAI may use the Hans as the benchmark. This will not exclude the Letts at events where neck protection is optional, but will wherre it is compulsory.
Old 8 Feb 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1836376)   #428
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well,

Having given it serious consideration and bearing in mind that even a small accident could lay me up for a while and at my rates it would cost me a lot. I've bought a new helmet (complete with clips fitted at the manufacturer) which is the same model as my current one but with said clips and a HANS device.

I would have considered the Letts Brace if it was being considered for FIA approval but that seems to be a way off as yet.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 13:09 (Ref:1882689)   #429
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Non-race Leatt brace

Interesting to see teh Leatt brace idea being taken up here: http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/i...d=69&notrack=1

Regards

Jim

Tags
hans