Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Dec 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2994864)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ray Robins Retires...

TC with Mr Robins, informing the teams...

So just who is Ray Robins...
Story Here

An always friendly face, usually smiling, just getting on with the business of the day. Enjoy the post V8Supercar world..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Dec 2011, 23:18 (Ref:2994865)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Story Here too

With TC
Old 3 Dec 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2994866)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

She said it... hehehe
Old 4 Dec 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2994953)   #4
stigette
Rookie

stigette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad to see Ray retire, the amount of work he does behind the scenes to put on the 'show' is incredible. Looking forward to welcoming him back to grass roots level motor sport here in Vic, might see him back in a scrutineering uniform before too long
Old 4 Dec 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2994965)   #5
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigette View Post
Sad to see Ray retire, the amount of work he does behind the scenes to put on the 'show' is incredible. Looking forward to welcoming him back to grass roots level motor sport here in Vic, might see him back in a scrutineering uniform before too long
A loss to V8's will hopefully be the grass roots of the sports gain.

So I wonder who VE$A will get to do everything Ray used to do.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2994992)   #6
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well... Damian White now has Ray's old 'Title'
Old 4 Dec 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2994995)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigette View Post
Another Story Here
Old 4 Dec 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2995011)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 4 Dec 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2995019)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 4 Dec 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2995024)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Well... Damian White now has Ray's old 'Title'
Huh?

Isn't Damian White Ops Manager & Ray Assistant Ops Manager?

Best wishes to Ray - the gig doesn't really stop & it would tire you out - he's been doing it a long time and I have no doubt that although he'll miss it, it'll be good to get more time to himself.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2995184)   #11
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hence my use of the word 'old' in my post.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2995224)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Hence my use of the word 'old' in my post.
Ray never was ops manager - sorry missing your point totally but no matter.

Cheers,
Old 5 Dec 2011, 06:25 (Ref:2995391)   #13
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Had the pleasure of dealing with Ray when he had a similar role with the GT Production series and then again with V8s. Absolute gentleman and a real motorsport man through and through.

He is most definitely a big loss to V8 Supercars.

Wish him the best of luck in the future.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2995416)   #14
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've know Ray since before he started with the V8 series and although the V8 series tied him up most days he still appears at speedway events in the off season for a look and hopefully this will allow him to get to more grass roots level events where his years of experience can be passed on to the younger scrutineers out there.

His memoirs would make interesting reading in a few years time about some of the technical stuff he was party to at the various teams involved in the series.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2996869)   #15
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
I've know Ray since before he started with the V8 series and although the V8 series tied him up most days he still appears at speedway events in the off season for a look and hopefully this will allow him to get to more grass roots level events where his years of experience can be passed on to the younger scrutineers out there.

His memoirs would make interesting reading in a few years time about some of the technical stuff he was party to at the various teams involved in the series.
Geez PVDA, you told me on Sunday night, as part of a wider plan to go back to basics in grass roots motorsport, AASA are about to appoint Ray as the Machine Examiner for their Super TT class.....
Old 8 Dec 2011, 07:58 (Ref:2996873)   #16
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Geeze Uncle I didn't see you hiding in the car driving home from Winton??

Your suggestion has some merit though.