Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Dec 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3786078)   #61
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back in 2012?/2013? ACO rejected one of the factory Astons to the reserve list, but then again that shoestring run project doesn't have the dollar power Porsche and others too.

Anyway... pity, that'll just mean larger GTE quantity versus prototype
Old Yesterday, 03:42 (Ref:3786214)   #62
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Back in 2012?/2013? ACO rejected one of the factory Astons to the reserve list, but then again that shoestring run project doesn't have the dollar power Porsche and others too.

Anyway... pity, that'll just mean larger GTE quantity versus prototype
I will be happy to have a 17 car GTE pro grid at the expense of privateer ELMS LMP2 or GTE am cars. Great move for Porsche! So turn that frown upside down Chiana.
Old Yesterday, 16:59 (Ref:3786329)   #63
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Does anyone know yet when the ACO holds their press conference? It's usually been Thursday or Friday on the first week of February but I guess by the way dates fall this year it could also be on the second week

Will also be interesting to see if their modify this proceeding for 2019 with the new changes in place
I'll answer myself then - and indeed week later it is

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/e...r-24h-le-mans/

The ACO confirmed that requests will be accepted between Dec. 18 and Feb. 5, with the entry list to be announced on Feb. 9.
It marks a change from recent years, which saw the 60 confirmed entries revealed one week earlier, in the first week of February.

Mark your calendars then!

Also:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...er-season.html

In terms of the Garage 56 car for 2018, though Don Panoz and co. told DSC at Le Mans this year that it’s “the candidate for Garage 56 next year” with its Green4u concept, in a statement to DSC just today, Green 4U/Panoz’s explained that the programme has “not officially been granted a future Garage 56 slot, whether 2018 or beyond”. However, Green4U explained that discussions, are still ongoing.

Truly 'shocking'

Last edited by Chiana; Yesterday at 17:06.
Old Yesterday, 18:09 (Ref:3786338)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We've went from "DPi is needed to fill out the grid" to "we have too many cars, ELMS is too healthy".

There are ways around these sort of problems. Auto-entries should come with an asterix saying if you earn more than 2, the others are at the discretion of the ACO. As much as I love Jota, we don't need 5 Jotas.

Similarly, do we really need 4 car teams? Does the 4th car really add anything? Is 3 Porsche, 3 Ford, 2 Corvette, 2-3 Ferrari not enough? (works cars that is, not including private). I know we're not really enjoying the lack of variety in LMP2, but I'd rather have a different team than literally another identical car.

Also, lets be honest here - the AsLMS entries are a bit silly. LMP2 sure, LMP3...maybe. But 2 GTE entries? I understand they're trying to bring cars to AsLMS, but then you risk penalising American and European teams in the hope of getting more Asian teams - the same teams that have moved to Blancpain. I think a discussion needs to happen on why Blancpain has been seen as a much better place to run than AsLMS in Asia.

If you took it down to 2-3 Jota, 3 Ford, 3 Porsche, and removed 1-2 AsLMS auto-entries, then you free up 5-7 slots. Limit private entries to 2, works entries to 3. Yes there issues surrounding what a private entry is (AF Corse), and there are problems with team names. But common sense sorts it. It does look like we're going to have too many good cars. But then if you're giving away entries like this, that was going to happen eventually.

Last edited by Akrapovic; Yesterday at 18:14.
Old Today, 01:41 (Ref:3786430)   #65
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'll answer myself then - and indeed week later it is

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/e...r-24h-le-mans/

The ACO confirmed that requests will be accepted between Dec. 18 and Feb. 5, with the entry list to be announced on Feb. 9.
It marks a change from recent years, which saw the 60 confirmed entries revealed one week earlier, in the first week of February.

Mark your calendars then!

Also:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...er-season.html

In terms of the Garage 56 car for 2018, though Don Panoz and co. told DSC at Le Mans this year that it’s “the candidate for Garage 56 next year” with its Green4u concept, in a statement to DSC just today, Green 4U/Panoz’s explained that the programme has “not officially been granted a future Garage 56 slot, whether 2018 or beyond”. However, Green4U explained that discussions, are still ongoing.

Truly 'shocking'
I forgot the green4U thing even existed, and now it probably won't, lol.