Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 3 Sep 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2950352)   #1
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell Park BARC Thank you

On behalf of the organising club, clerks, senior officials and myself a thank you to all the Marshals, Medics, Rescue Crews and especially Cadwell Ground staff for a great day.

It was all thrown at you during the morning but despite a massive barrier rebuild the day ended virtually on time.

Thanks all and here's to the next time

Old 3 Sep 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2950354)   #2
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to everyone on post 1/14, had a brilliant day once again!

See everyone at 750!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2950380)   #3
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent day at mountain top, good company, good weather, and some VERY strange lines through the mountain!

Thanks for the doughnuts, much appreciated by us and the wasps!!

PS, Brian's butty bag is full of cement dust!

Last edited by Joyce George; 3 Sep 2011 at 19:30. Reason: hit button too soon!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2950460)   #4
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
dulon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys,

Just to say many thanks for the attention shown after my bash in the FF1600 this morning, didn't get a chance to thank you as individuals but shall return and hope to repair car for Oulton in 3 weeks so if any of you get there and get the chance of a tea break pop over to the classic FF tent, for a cuppa and bickies, thanks again

No 7 Ian.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2950585)   #5
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulon View Post
Hi Guys,

Just to say many thanks for the attention shown after my bash in the FF1600 this morning, didn't get a chance to thank you as individuals but shall return and hope to repair car for Oulton in 3 weeks so if any of you get there and get the chance of a tea break pop over to the classic FF tent, for a cuppa and bickies, thanks again

No 7 Ian.
Ian, thanks for the thanks and the offer from all on Posts 5 & 12, hope the FF makes a speedy recovery.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2950773)   #6
Retired
Rookie

England
EGYD
Retired should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely loved it yesterday on post17. Brilliant. HOWEVER. Who's idea was it to put all that chicken wire fencing up? Absolutely ridiculous - it ruined the marshalling experience. I understand that they are permanent so it looks like a good time to take up spectating - at least I will get a better view in future.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 19:24 (Ref:2950816)   #7
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired View Post
I understand that they are permanent so it looks like a good time to take up spectating - at least I will get a better view in future.
I tried it, it doesn't work everyone tells you that you want to come back
Old 5 Sep 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2950984)   #8
Retired
Rookie

England
EGYD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Howarth View Post
I tried it, it doesn't work everyone tells you that you want to come back
Ah yes but I am of a certain age now where spectating is something I could be very good at I can also guarantee that people won't want me back - I'm far too grumpy for that!
Old 5 Sep 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2951010)   #9
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Absolutely loved it yesterday on post17. Brilliant. HOWEVER. Who's idea was it to put all that chicken wire fencing up? Absolutely ridiculous - it ruined the marshalling experience. I understand that they are permanent so it looks like a good time to take up spectating - at least I will get a better view in future.
Ah yes, I noticed the chicken wire ( as you so nicely described it) at Hall Bends. I also noticed that the marshals had moved along so they could see past it, so suggesting that they shared your feelings on it. Unless of course, post 17 is Hall Bends.
We, on the oily side of things, get afflicted with the stuff on pit walls. You can only see directly in front of you unless you are hung through a gap, no use for us or you guys I'm sure.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2951057)   #10
Retired
Rookie

England
EGYD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson View Post
Ah yes, I noticed the chicken wire ( as you so nicely described it) at Hall Bends. I also noticed that the marshals had moved along so they could see past it, so suggesting that they shared your feelings on it. Unless of course, post 17 is Hall Bends.
We, on the oily side of things, get afflicted with the stuff on pit walls. You can only see directly in front of you unless you are hung through a gap, no use for us or you guys I'm sure.
You're right Bob I was on Hall bends. When I as flagging I had to move to the end of the coop to wave the flaggy things as there were no gaps in the wire which somehow defeats the object. When I was incidenting (?) I had to move to the end of the coop to see what was going on!!! Lunacy. By the way the marshals post in the wrong pace as well......
Old 5 Sep 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2951162)   #11
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You're right Bob I was on Hall bends. When I as flagging I had to move to the end of the coop to wave the flaggy things as there were no gaps in the wire which somehow defeats the object. When I was incidenting (?) I had to move to the end of the coop to see what was going on!!! Lunacy. By the way the marshals post in the wrong pace as well......
I'm surprised you say that the marshals post is in the wromg place. Admittedly, I only see it from the track, but as we aren't going that fast there, the flags are visible quite early enough. The problem for us if you are waving a yellow at Hall is wondering what is over the next brow, because in a single seater you are too low to see anything over it.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2951170)   #12
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
dulon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
these chicken coops are becoming popular at Mr Palmers premises, are they appearing at other circuits as well ? and if so is it possible to make representation to someone about it, clearly the general voice suggests not enough consultation has been given to the practical side of what i assume is a H&S requirement.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2951180)   #13
scott19
Rookie

scott19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was anyone on here down at the hair-pinn at all? I had some really entertaining moments in the ff2000 race there!
Old 5 Sep 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2951191)   #14
Retired
Rookie

England
EGYD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulon View Post
these chicken coops are becoming popular at Mr Palmers premises, are they appearing at other circuits as well ? and if so is it possible to make representation to someone about it, clearly the general voice suggests not enough consultation has been given to the practical side of what i assume is a H&S requirement.
Spookily the Cadwell circuit representative for all things to do with marshals is, wait for it, ME!!! I can assure you there will be some dialogue with regards these issues but I'm not holding my breath
Old 5 Sep 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2951294)   #15
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ah yes but I am of a certain age now where spectating is something I could be very good at I can also guarantee that people won't want me back - I'm far too grumpy for that!
I'll have to try that next year
Old 5 Sep 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2951344)   #16
Retired
Rookie

England
EGYD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Howarth View Post
I'll have to try that next year
Sorry mate - one at a time and I got in first