Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1259028)   #76
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about if all the ferrari staff do a rain dance and pray for a string of wet races so they can put the bridgestone wet tyre to good use. I take it that the bridgestone wet tyre is still the best?
Old 22 Mar 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1259029)   #77
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole
I take it that the bridgestone wet tyre is still the best?
Presumably, although the gap seems to have closed a bit.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1259509)   #78
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think theres a fair chance that the Renault is just very very good. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't even fully pushing the envelope. They have always been very good on tire wear so we shall jsut have to wait and see i guess.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1259510)   #79
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The quickest cars out there are Renault, who've had good results, and McLaren who haven't had the results to reflect their pace yet.

I hope the new Ferrari is not as quick as those two cars, and we'll be in for a very competitive season.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1259519)   #80
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
totally agree Kicking-back, 2005 looks set to be a very exiting year indeed. i can hardly wait for kimi and jpm to start challenging. a contest between jpm/kim/fisi/alonso/webber when was the last time a season provided this much promise?

i may not like the result being a huge fan of michael schumacher, but i can appreciate the contest that seems so promising.

shadow
Old 23 Mar 2005, 08:22 (Ref:1259534)   #81
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"I hope the new Ferrari is not as quick as those two cars, and we'll be in for a very competitive season."

??? Hhaha..wad logic is that.

Now, Mclaren vs Renault... if Ferrari is as quick..we'd have 3 teams fighting instead of two.....

Or is it just people praying hard that Ferrari don't win, even if it means no competition to Renault/Mclaren?
Old 23 Mar 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1259551)   #82
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Quote:"I hope the new Ferrari is not as quick as those two cars, and we'll be in for a very competitive season."

??? Hhaha..wad logic is that.

Now, Mclaren vs Renault... if Ferrari is as quick..we'd have 3 teams fighting instead of two.....

Or is it just people praying hard that Ferrari don't win, even if it means no competition to Renault/Mclaren?

Obviously I meant that Schumacher would make the difference

Although I do think that from the point of view of keeping general fan interest it would be better for Ferrari not to take the title this season.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1259592)   #83
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
But we don't need Renault running away with it either.The more the merrier IMO.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1259608)   #84
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't really care as long as Ferrari loses, Toyota get's shafted and Renault battles with McLaren and Williams for the titles.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 23 Mar 2005 at 10:15.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1259700)   #85
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
I don't really care as long as Ferrari loses, Toyota get's shafted and Renault battles with McLaren and Williams for the titles.
Personally i would like to see at least 10 cars be within 2 seconds of each other (on the same lap)fighting for the lead within sight of the flag.But that's not going to happen is it.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1259705)   #86
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
But we don't need Renault running away with it either.The more the merrier IMO.
I agree entirely. The last thing we want to see is the same luxury that ferrari has had in recent years in that renault consistently score one twos with an always changing driver line up behind them stealing points of each other and aiding renault to early championship glory
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1259737)   #87
Kicking-back
Veteran

At least Renault have two equal drivers and no team orders.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1259749)   #88
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Rubens had an engine failure during testing with the F2005, a glimmer of hope that Ferrari may not have bullet proof reliability as seen prevoius.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1259753)   #89
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok I'll be honest , I'm happy that Renault/toyota/BAR are all doing well so far.
But I have never gained joy that a team (even a dominant one) has problems.
I'm happy that the others have progressed or in Renaults case, continued to riase performance.
What will ferrari do? We all know they and Bridgestone will work hard to try and be the best again. And I'm sure with some smart testing they will be challenging again soon.
But they have to overtake not only Renault and Mclaren , but also Williams who will probably be consistant points finishers.
So Question is if the f2005 is'nt quick out of the box will they at some point of the season feel they have falentoo far behind and change tactics to concentrate on mainting a respectable championship position and developing for 2006.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1259773)   #90
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari are only in F1 to win, I can't see that they would adopt any strategy to try for 3rd or 4th in the WDC.

When the new car comes out I'm sure it will be maximum effort and development on the car and tyres to pitch them right back into the hunt for both championships. We are only two races in, all to play for yet.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1259789)   #91
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tourer
Ferrari are only in F1 to win, I can't see that they would adopt any strategy to try for 3rd or 4th in the WDC.
Agreed they wont be aiming for 3rd or 4th, Sorry I think I might have given the wrong impression, but if they continue to struggle as the year goes on they may end up in a position where the want to use all their resources to look to 2006, especially as there are more new regulations then too.

Sorry if that was slightly off topic, as far as what they can do right now It's possible that along with hard work (and Bridgestone doing the same) they might come up with somthing unexpected during the year, think BAR's front torque transfer or Mclarens 1998 'steering breaks'.
Unlikley, but you never know, now that they are trying to regain dominance instead of maintain it , they might have a brainwave.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1259802)   #92
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
What about the testing limit? I see Bernie Ecclestone has backed the testing ban if that means anything.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1260116)   #93
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Rubens had an engine failure during testing with the F2005, a glimmer of hope that Ferrari may not have bullet proof reliability as seen prevoius.
Ah, that's good news!