Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2007, 16:24 (Ref:2040863)   #151
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran
 
John Turner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Spalding, Lincolnshire
Posts: 12,874
John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!
The issue for me is not the difference of opinion on the FIA and how it is run between Mosley and Stewart; they are both entitled to hold their positions on that. What is unacceptable is the fact that Mosley brought it down to a personal level with his extremely public and abusive remarks about Stewart. He is either chosing to ignore, or alternatively (and surprisingly for a man of his intelligence!) he really hasn't yet twigged the fact that what has caused the outrage in support of Jackie is the insult, which is totally unacceptable. As Damon Hill says, he should apologise for that, whether or not he wishes to continue the war of words of the running of the FIA.
John Turner is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 16:31 (Ref:2040867)   #152
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL
 
Adam43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
European Union
New Orleans
Posts: 31,534
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
However, reading many things Jackie says, one has to wonder if he really analyze things before criticising FIA/Max. For example, implying that it is wrong for the FIA to act and appoint a scrutineer for Mclaren without understanding the need for doing so and who is chiefly responsible for such action, and accounting for Stewart's soft spot for Hamilton.
Well there is at least a debate on whether it is the correct thing to do. I've seen one round here. In another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
The issue for me is not the difference of opinion on the FIA and how it is run between Mosley and Stewart; they are both entitled to hold their positions on that. What is unacceptable is the fact that Mosley brought it down to a personal level with his extremely public and abusive remarks about Stewart.
Quite. What Damon is saying is the problem is nothing to do with any situation in F1. It is about Max calling Jackie a halfwit. That is the problem, and it seems that Max has missed that.
Adam43 is offline  
__________________
Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go Out and Do Something Less Boring Instead?
Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 17:36 (Ref:2040926)   #153
Alan Raine
Veteran
 
Alan Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
England
Hale, Cheshire
Posts: 2,760
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
What is unacceptable is the fact that Mosley brought it down to a personal level with his extremely public and abusive remarks about Stewart. He is either chosing to ignore, or alternatively (and surprisingly for a man of his intelligence!) he really hasn't yet twigged the fact that what has caused the outrage in support of Jackie is the insult, which is totally unacceptable.
Correct: The outrage is the insult. It doesn't really matter what it was about. It was the way he said it.

His complaint (amongst other things) was that perhaps JYS wasn't totally up to date with his facts. Fair enough, but a man in Max's position should be able state his case and make his point without the resort to personal petty slander.
Alan Raine is offline  
__________________
Nostagia ain't what it used to be!
Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 19:09 (Ref:2041010)   #154
davyboy
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,986
davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
The issue for me is not the difference of opinion on the FIA and how it is run between Mosley and Stewart; they are both entitled to hold their positions on that. What is unacceptable is the fact that Mosley brought it down to a personal level with his extremely public and abusive remarks about Stewart. He is either chosing to ignore, or alternatively (and surprisingly for a man of his intelligence!) he really hasn't yet twigged the fact that what has caused the outrage in support of Jackie is the insult, which is totally unacceptable. As Damon Hill says, he should apologise for that, whether or not he wishes to continue the war of words of the running of the FIA.
Absolutely on the money John. I still find it incredible that Max hasn't yet apologized for the abusive remarks he made, while commenting in his FIA role no less, about Stewart personally. Can you imagine if the president of a commercial organization, say a public company or something, had relegated themselves to such tactics ?
davyboy is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 22:19 (Ref:2041175)   #155
Nicholosophy
Veteran
 
Nicholosophy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,084
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
For example, implying that it is wrong for the FIA to act and appoint a scrutineer for Mclaren without understanding the need for doing so and who is chiefly responsible for such action, and accounting for Stewart's soft
spot for Hamilton.
It's terrible that someone should give their opinion in regards to something... oh wait.
Nicholosophy is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:01 (Ref:2041418)   #156
Gt_R
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location:
Singapore
Posts: 5,917
Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is not wrong to give an opinion. But fact is that people, casual fans, spectators, tend to take Jackie's word for it because of his past achievements. And as a result, it is perhaps suitable that Jackie has been more tactful and responsible with his opinions. Not just sings the tunes of the less informed, claiming conspiracy and just pin the blame on FIA for actions that doesn't fit his own.


It's always good to read the quotes of a ex-champion and great driver, but it'd be sorry if these statements which people trust as truths are built on poor foundations of knowledge. essentially that's the point i'm trying to drive across.

And this criticism is only with regards to how Stewart's has spoken out, and is not to detract from the respect that he deserve as a great driver, and quite a team owner too.

And it doesn't mean Max is right in doing what he did. It's wrong, it's sad, it's disgraceful... basically i'm just disagreeing with the general views here where it seems like a "one is perfectly right, the other is outright wrong" view. If Max is doing the wrong thing (which is highly probable), Jackie doesn't have to worsen it when he can use his position to make things better.
Gt_R is offline  
__________________
Alonso: "McLaren and Williams are also great racing teams, but Ferrari is the biggest one that you can go to."
Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:20 (Ref:2041447)   #157
foreversideways
Veteran
 
foreversideways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
England
Bramhall
Posts: 2,132
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jackie may be wrong, or he may be right. It's his opinion, he is entitled to express it and we can believe whatever we choose to from either side of the argument. The complaint is about the way Max responded to Jackie's views by attacking him personally and publicly. There can be no excuse for that.
Still perhaps it's all a publicity stunt (like sacking Loius Walsh on the X Factor, then bringing him back again. Oh and by the way he says he has quit again) to sell some more copies of Jackie's autobiography.
foreversideways is offline  
__________________
"Racing is Life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 10:57 (Ref:2041575)   #158
MrTTraces
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
Posts: 978
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
Still perhaps it's all a publicity stunt (like sacking Loius Walsh on the X Factor, then bringing him back again. Oh and by the way he says he has quit again) to sell some more copies of Jackie's autobiography.
Louis has quit the X Factor to sell more copies of Jackie's Autobiography?


Last edited by MrTTraces; 16 Oct 2007 at 11:01.
MrTTraces is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 11:32 (Ref:2041595)   #159
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL
 
Adam43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
European Union
New Orleans
Posts: 31,534
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
It is not wrong to give an opinion. But fact is that people, casual fans, spectators, tend to take Jackie's word for it because of his past achievements.
Just like people will take the FIA president's word for it.

Well known people saying things? Quick stop famous people speaking. OTT, but I don't get your point in the context of this thread (or at all).
Quote:
And as a result, it is perhaps suitable that Jackie has been more tactful and responsible with his opinions. Not just sings the tunes of the less informed, claiming conspiracy and just pin the blame on FIA for actions that doesn't fit his own.
Jackie can give his opinion, some will blindly accept it, some will blindly dismiss it. Just because stupid people can't take it doesn't mean he shouldn't say it.

It stops being acceptable when someone resorts to childish name-calling.
Adam43 is offline  
__________________
Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go Out and Do Something Less Boring Instead?
Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:40 (Ref:2041696)   #160
foreversideways
Veteran
 
foreversideways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
England
Bramhall
Posts: 2,132
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTraces
Louis has quit the X Factor to sell more copies of Jackie's Autobiography?

Nice one Mr TT , of course as i am sure you understood, i was making a comparison with Louis Walsh and the X Factor shenanigans, not suggesting that the esteemed pop impresario was in any way connected with the sales of Jackie's autobiography
foreversideways is offline  
__________________
"Racing is Life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why was Damon Hill so under-rated? Knowlesy Formula One 66 21 Jul 2004 22:32
Who was better? Damon Hill or Jacques Villeneuve? Yoong Montoya Formula One 115 5 Feb 2004 23:09
Damon Hill and the Conrods Adam43 Cool Sites 1 11 Oct 2002 15:15
Damon Hill in BTCC? racer69 WTCC & European Touring Car Series 3 31 Jan 2002 18:29


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.