Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Dec 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3787444)   #776
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not a bad idea to have a couple of guest appearances to add to the status quo
Old 16 Dec 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3787452)   #777
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Snetterton is only licensed for 33 cars (over 2000cc) on the 300 circuit, so you will probably only get 1 extra TBL at most.
Isn't NGTC <2000cc?
Old 16 Dec 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3787453)   #778
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Snetterton is only licensed for 33 cars (over 2000cc) on the 300 circuit, so you will probably only get 1 extra TBL at most.
BTCC comes under 'Other Classes', so the limit for Snetterton is 46
Old 16 Dec 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3787511)   #779
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I think that the three car team thing goes with the Shredded Wheat sponsorship. (Can you eat three Shredded Wheat? type of thing).
Exactly. That's why Jordan left as there was no room for a Pirtek sponsored car.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3787632)   #780
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Exactly. That's why Jordan left as there was no room for a Pirtek sponsored car.
I expect a full stomach of 3 Shredded Wheats on the grid. The question to my mind is who will be driving? Mr Jackson would seem a safe bet. Mr Depper? He has budget even if he isn't going to set the world on fire? Mr Davenport? I hope he is fit and strong enough for a return: He has potential. Ditto Mr Butcher.

I'm expecting CT confirmed at WSR at Autosport. But likely no news on Rob C by then... budget to put to bed!

24 days to go...
Old 17 Dec 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3787637)   #781
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Did any get written off since the last round of 2017? They fulfilled their TBL requirement that day.
The MGs have not been written off; they could easily run but they're old, bent and uncompetitive. Little time or money was spent on developing the setups with the full RML suspension - they were a *******isation of RML and GPRM in 2016 remember. Even a chap with CT/Flash/Suttons skills would struggle IMHO. ATS and Cook seemed to be over-driving all the time and had little to show for their efforts. They're toast; if Coral were up for taking my money then 4 cars from Warrens farm. None wearing an MG badge.

More of my (wild?) speculation: one of the 6 TBLs went to HARD/Brisky. The other to Speedworks. Possibly with a well known - if not universally loved - driver/ business man.

Last edited by Alfisti; 17 Dec 2017 at 14:40.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3787653)   #782
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
BTCC comes under 'Other Classes', so the limit for Snetterton is 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
More of my (wild?) speculation: one of the 6 TBLs went to HARD/Brisky. The other to Speedworks. Possibly with a well known - if not universally loved - driver/ business man.
Team HARD's new TBL is the Welch one that Motorbase used in 2017. They will run two cars as Team HARD and two as Brisky Racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti
I'm expecting CT confirmed at WSR at Autosport. But likely no news on Rob C by then... budget to put to bed!
...although any drivers asking WSR if they have a seat available for 2018 are being told no. So they obviously believe that Rob will be back.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3787657)   #783
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a clue to TD running the new shape Type R next season?

https://twitter.com/TypeR/status/942383272197283840

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Old 17 Dec 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3787662)   #784
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoriceman View Post
Is this a clue to TD running the new shape Type R next season?

https://twitter.com/TypeR/status/942383272197283840

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Back in 2016 - Matt Neal said they were looking at moving to the next (current) Civic in 2017, but the choice was down to Honda on whether they wanted to promote the new model, or Type-R as to which was chosen.

They have had that year now so Honda will have them in the new shape for 2018.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3787683)   #785
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can definitely see TD having a new shape Honda for 2018, hopefully it will go well
Old 17 Dec 2017, 17:55 (Ref:3787729)   #786
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
if Coral were up for taking my money then 4 cars from Warrens farm. None wearing an MG badge
4 cars might still be up for debate, but your money is safe on the second bit.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3787743)   #787
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
4 cars might still be up for debate, but your money is safe on the second bit.
I can see JP joining Speedworks with a TBL from his old boss and a switch of cars to something with some development left in it 😉
Old 18 Dec 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3787821)   #788
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a lot of talk on FB of TD getting the new Civic - but there was also mention that their old cars being sold on is a done deal. Who do we think would buy them? Speedworks? Only other team(s) is Parker & Maximum
Old 18 Dec 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3787822)   #789
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
There is a lot of talk on FB of TD getting the new Civic - but there was also mention that their old cars being sold on is a done deal. Who do we think would buy them? Speedworks? Only other team(s) is Parker & Maximum
I would imagine Eurotech would be somewhere near the front of the queue.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3787833)   #790
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I would imagine Eurotech would be somewhere near the front of the queue.
That doesn't make much sense.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3787834)   #791
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Team HARD's new TBL is the Welch one that Motorbase used in 2017. They will run two cars as Team HARD and two as Brisky Racing.
The question is, where does that leave Team Shredded Wheat? Two cars, or three cars?
Old 18 Dec 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3787835)   #792
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
The other to Speedworks. Possibly with a well known - if not universally loved - driver/ business man.
Will be fun to see Ingram beat Plato, and then Plato taking the credit for spotting his talent.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3787843)   #793
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The other to Speedworks. Possibly with a well known - if not universally loved - driver/ business man.
I've been thinking about this, and, assuming this leads to a car change, I really can't see it paying off - at least in the short term.

Ingram was the fastest driver / car combination last year, and likey would've won the championship if it wasn't for his awful luck - all this in the type of car outed as much less competitive (think FWD vs RWD debate...)

At his rate of improvement I would've thought he would have the best chance at the championship next year, but to me it seems silly to start with a new car, possibly switching drivetrain, and move away from what was (debatably) the best car last year - especially with seemingly more support from Toyota...

To be honest, I would rather see JP step away from driving and make way for some more young talent.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3787847)   #794
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I can see JP joining Speedworks with a TBL from his old boss and a switch of cars to something with some development left in it 😉
I think the car is going to surprise a lot of people - not least me. The ex Dynamics Civics possibly. But would Honda risk the old motor getting better results than the new? Maybe the AMD A3s (how's that for a long shot!). Can't see any of the Foci (is my crystal ball misted up though?).

Could there be a couple of VW CC shells - Plato liked that car, it was the lack of engine power that drew the only grumbles I recall... maybe the Arteon - the CC replacement? Although it is B I G!

Where's Sherman? 😁
Old 18 Dec 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3787848)   #795
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
I think the car is going to surprise a lot of people - not least me. The ex Dynamics Civics possibly. But would Honda risk the old motor getting better results than the new? Maybe the AMD A3s (how's that for a long shot!). Can't see any of the Foci (is my crystal ball misted up though?).

Could there be a couple of VW CC shells - Plato liked that car, it was the lack of engine power that drew the only grumbles I recall... maybe the Arteon - the CC replacement? Although it is B I G!

Where's Sherman? 😁
How about a new car altogether?
Old 18 Dec 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3787849)   #796
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'd have thought that the new Civic would have a better aero profile than the outgoing model. Should be of a small help in the battle for straightline speed.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3787875)   #797
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
How about a new car altogether?
A Hyundai i30N... ???

In these days of Twitterings Speedworks are very good at keeping themselves to themselves!
Old 18 Dec 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3787882)   #798
S griffin
Veteran

I just hope the car is developed enough so it can challenge for race wins this season
Old 18 Dec 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3787886)   #799
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how come everyone thinks speedworks are developing a new car? this is just nonsense speculation with no facts at all.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3787894)   #800
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
In these days of Twitterings Speedworks are very good at keeping themselves to themselves!
Maybe they #don't feel the #need to post a #pointlessupdate to #Twitter every #ten minutes