Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Jan 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2811246)   #26
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is as with anything, if people pay they will continue to keep high prices and will not hesitate to increase year in year out.. if they feel they can get away with it they will!

People should boycott it.. or maybe start a facebook group

Im sure the French would have protested long time ago, not ones to keep quite and get walked over...
Old 4 Jan 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2811250)   #27
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
The problem is as with anything, if people pay they will continue to keep high prices and will not hesitate to increase year in year out.. if they feel they can get away with it they will!

People should boycott it.. or maybe start a facebook group

Im sure the French would have protested long time ago, not ones to keep quite and get walked over...
Didnt we try that once with petrol? oh no i remember...everyone got cold feet and worried about how we would cope....sorry we are a pie and pint nation unfortunately we will moan about things individually but not collectively and as long as we have our pie and our pint....then Im ok jack
Old 4 Jan 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2811268)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well how on earth are you supposed to collectively complain about things!

The only people that can manage to do that are old people and the Daily Mail!!

I just never buy their products anymore or o their shows! Vote with ones feet, as an individual that's all you can do!
Old 5 Jan 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2811275)   #29
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Well how on earth are you supposed to collectively complain about things!

The only people that can manage to do that are old people and the Daily Mail!!

I just never buy their products anymore or o their shows! Vote with ones feet, as an individual that's all you can do!

As was stated earlier in the thread...the French collectively complain about things...have you ever tried getting into Calais if the French truck drivers are collectively complaining? lol

I guess you have sussed it then...vote with your feet as an individual..that will do it...now...wheres my Pie lol
Old 5 Jan 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2811278)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Have never understood Haymarkets positioning with this?

If you offere a price of say 18 quid without the boring live show then I would consider going? I would meet up with loats of people I know and make a day of it.
That's around what I paid for my first visit 9 years ago. Mind you everything is overpriced these days. I was on holiday for the weekend in the South East and fancied taking in a Football League match somewhere. Couldn't find much that would have given me change of £50 for the two of us.....
Old 5 Jan 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2811354)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
50 quid sounds about right for two people to go to a LEague 1 or 2 match really, not right anyway, but market price

Stevenage costs 18 quid, why would anyone pay to watch that is you are not really that interested in who wins?

I will do Race Retro as a show,it is far more friendly, not at all coporate and actually has a hell of a lot more going on for a punter.

Not really sure why Autosport have made such an effort to push the racefan away. F1 is not the be all and end all, but then again I am sure for some fans it really is. Coz that's all they seem bothereed about
Old 5 Jan 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2811385)   #32
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
..........I will do Race Retro as a show,it is far more friendly, not at all coporate and actually has a hell of a lot more going on for a punter...............

Please do come to the 360 stand and say hello
Old 5 Jan 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2811484)   #33
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'll try and get there Claire, but have lots to do... Not sure which day I'm going, TBH!
Old 5 Jan 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2811594)   #34
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Without being utterlt naieve, what on earth is the 360 stand!!
Old 5 Jan 2011, 23:35 (Ref:2811689)   #35
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Considering you've been cluttering up the threads in the Historic racing lounge whingeing about us not entertaining you enough, I'd have thought you might have spotted one or two threads about the 360MC and the six-hour historic event at Snetterton (Clue - 360 is the number of minutes in six hours)......

The 360 stand is the stand the 360 organisers are having at Autosport and Race Retro to promote the event.......
Old 6 Jan 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2811824)   #36
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Considering you've been cluttering up the threads in the Historic racing lounge whingeing about us not entertaining you enough, I'd have thought you might have spotted one or two threads about the 360MC and the six-hour historic event at Snetterton (Clue - 360 is the number of minutes in six hours)......

The 360 stand is the stand the 360 organisers are having at Autosport and Race Retro to promote the event.......
"Turn that light out"

"Which one?"

"The one thats on!"

sharp as a marble

bless lol (no offence intended btw)
Old 6 Jan 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2811845)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Haha, just contributing to the forums Lancs, I dont glad rag people like most do on here, try and get some discussion going unlike some. Just agreeing all the time is rather dull and pointless on a forum.

If you have a complaint about me send it to the mods, it wont be the first time or the last.

And sadly, no a 6 hour historic event doesnt get my juices going so perhaps not eh!! You will be surprised no doubt to learn.

Show is always great though, loads of bike heroes there this year I hope so will look forward to that.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2811870)   #38
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport show isn't the greatest thing in the world, & I too prefer Race Retro, however Haymarket must be doing something right as plenty of "general public" attend and it must make money or Haymarket would not do it. I go because I live relatively locally, because I can meet people I know, & its the nearest to a motor racing fix that i can realistically get at this time of year.

OK, its a bit expensive (but cheaper than a Premiership Football Match) & you could always go with a few mates to share petrol & parking costs. Take your own sandwiches & flask if that's also a concern. I don't really understand why people are *****ing about the show - if you don't like it, don't go, but why tell everyone that you don't like it & you are not going to go?!

As for the quality of the goods on sale, then again, no one is making you buy stuff, but I have never yet failed to get a discount whether I was buying gloves, tyres, or a new seat and I enjoy browsing around the books & framed prints sections, which I probably wouldn't bother to do if I wasn't at the show.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2811890)   #39
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taking the family again for the first time in 4 years, but only cos i got a 3for2 offer plus my £5 off for being an esteemed license holder. Kids have been badgering me for some new posters..
Old 6 Jan 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2812077)   #40
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think NEC is great if youa re racing or working in the sport as a lot of people seemingly are sho use this forum.

But for a fan there is little to entice me to spend that sort of wonga! If it was down the road and I could get there without driving then maybe?

They are doing something right clearly, coz thousands go every year for some reason! So why would you change anything other than keeping upping the price until you have found a level!

Racefans have zero else to do and will happily pay money to watch cars unload from a trailer and Hayshed realise this all too well!1

Just a shame for me they wont offer a show only ticket, I would probably go then. Have seen all the indoor stuff so many times and can only take so much chuffing Terry Grant after 15 shows!!
Old 6 Jan 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2812142)   #41
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>> think NEC is great if youa re racing or working in the sport as a lot of people seemingly are sho use this forum.

Actually, the racers on the whole are the ones who moan most about the price and don't go!!!!

I used to exhibit there, to give you a feel for the costs a 3m x 3m booth normally costs around £2.5k for the stand, plus £60 "cleaning fee" or something like that, plus electric (£150ish), then there's staff costs, hotels etc. I reckon I didn't have much change out of £3.5k, plus the VAT....So that's a lot of £12.50 gloves

Think the Saturday/Sunday booths are a lot cheaper for the oval show, you may find good deals there.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2812181)   #42
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Autosport show isn't the greatest thing in the world, & I too prefer Race Retro, however Haymarket must be doing something right as plenty of "general public" attend and it must make money or Haymarket would not do it. I go because I live relatively locally, because I can meet people I know, & its the nearest to a motor racing fix that i can realistically get at this time of year.

OK, its a bit expensive (but cheaper than a Premiership Football Match) & you could always go with a few mates to share petrol & parking costs. Take your own sandwiches & flask if that's also a concern. I don't really understand why people are *****ing about the show - if you don't like it, don't go, but why tell everyone that you don't like it & you are not going to go?!

As for the quality of the goods on sale, then again, no one is making you buy stuff, but I have never yet failed to get a discount whether I was buying gloves, tyres, or a new seat and I enjoy browsing around the books & framed prints sections, which I probably wouldn't bother to do if I wasn't at the show.
A forum is a place where one can express their views, these views you do not have to agree to if you do not like them, but as you can see there are others who have posted the same. If you enjoy going thats your descision, just as not going because it is expensive is ours!
Old 7 Jan 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2812341)   #43
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I try to go every other year or every three years. That way the cost per year is bearable (£35-50 per year), and you don't see quite as much of the same stuff as if you go every year. Probably only about 5% of the stuff at the show is 'new' for that year. Over 50% will be stuff that's been for sale, unchanged, for more than 5 years.

Going annually, unless you very specific reasons or live very locally seems a bit of a waste of time to me, but each to their own. Race Retro is arguably more applicable to my level of racing, but the one time I went was a bit of a disappointment really.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2812571)   #44
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Hells teeth midget, I knew it was pricey but not that bad!

I know a lot of people who use the short oval section to buy stuff, their stalls are a bi cheaper, but they are in the middle of nowhere with little passing trade!

Kinda says all you need to know about the show really!!
Old 8 Jan 2011, 10:22 (Ref:2812847)   #45
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Likewise I hadn't realised how expensive the entry tickets are until I logged on just now to sort my ticket out....think I'll give it a miss this year, save myself the money. How they have the gall to publish a £100 ticket is beyond me.

I know that one of my competitors Stand 21 has gone for a stand in Engineering this year instead of the main hall, so they won't be there on public days. Agree about the oval section, but I think it's still a bit strong for the sellers. As a contrast a similar sized booth at Race Retro is £1.2k at most, at Kartmania it's £300. Slightly fewer gloves needed LOL
Old 17 Jan 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2817112)   #46
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I went twice back in 1997 and 1999. However since then ive watched the prices climb and frankly I don't think its worth the money, so ive not gone since then. £30 is a bit of a rip off in my view, if it were £15-20 then I may have gone.

I always preferred "The Motor Show" as a lot of the drivers were there, and because people that actually go to the motor show aren't motorsport fans, they haven't a clue who they are. I remember seeing Alain Menu and Jason Plato at a Renault PR stand back in 1997 with absolutely no queue or anything. Great stuff. Sadly, the Motor Show doesn't come to Bham any more.