Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jul 2012, 04:04 (Ref:3102694)   #751
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
what makes you think that Nissan and Honda will join the Top flight in 2014?
Honda has been hovering around for a while now. They're reportedly looking to recruit some factory teams. Nissan rumoured to announce a big motorsports programme. If theres a time to join a series. Its when there are big regulation changes. That way you are not at as much of a disadvantage and everyone basically has to start from square 1.

BMW did this in there move to DTM. They waited until the new regs. The old Audi's and Mercs where too heavily developed for BMW to stand a chance of even a top 10 without concessions.

So we could potentiall see more manufacturers jump on board for 2014 because that is the optimal year to do it.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 05:46 (Ref:3102719)   #752
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
at least is what i think, more than once people think about me as a porsche hater... while in the reality i just speak the truth about the car and the performance and this doesn't like to porsche fanboys.
I'm sure that in your own head you think you are being objective, but that is certainly not what others perceive. Beware because this dichotomy between reality and what you perceive may lead to cognitive dissonance.

Personally I will believe you are objective when you recognize the enormous contribution Porsche has made to sportscar racing and when I start to see some positive writings on Porsche. Until then, to me, you are just another Porsche hater.

Last edited by Spyderman; 6 Jul 2012 at 05:59.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 06:26 (Ref:3102723)   #753
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Personally I will believe you are objective when you recognize the enormous contribution Porsche has made to sportscar racing and when I start to see some positive writings on Porsche. Until then, to me, you are just another Porsche hater.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 07:01 (Ref:3102734)   #754
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Old 6 Jul 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3102739)   #755
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With no context on the situation I thought I'd add my two cents

" " Haha what a long night. I should go to bed.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3102745)   #756
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
the same old story... porsche fany boy see this way: "porsche is the best, no matter what"; porsche haters see this way: "porsche? pff". An objective point of view as i think to be is in the middle, porsche deserved the victory but can't be denied that porsche isn't the best car and luck helped them a lot.
Porsche has a lot of haters, and they think to be objective in their point of view. The only think I can do is smile about this, because they think to be objective, thinking their point of view is right, and all the others are wrong. But they are just some other fanboys.
The best answer on this point has been given by Spyderman.
Any other word is too much.

In endurance, the best car is not necessary the fastest one. The perfect endurance car must be fast, reliable, regular, easy to repair, comfortable, not thirsty for fuel...
If a slower car is capable to win twice (or more) times against fastes ones, well... I think fastest cars are not so good under some other points of view (i.e. reliability).
In endurance, is not the pure performance to make a winning car.
But that's only an obvious consideration.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 6 Jul 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3102770)   #757
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hate so much porsche cars that when i tried the 997 gt3 r (the road car i mean) in a trackday, i simply was going to stick my butt to the seat because i didn't want to leave the car....
repeat, i am just reporting how much much in this 2 years porsche has been constantly helped in a shamefull way by bop and how meanwhile this, the car has poor performances.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3102774)   #758
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the end it doesn't really matter because unfortunately most of the people don't know about the excistence of BoP in the first place, so when 911 wins Porsche can claim that they're still able beat the newer and possibly more expensive cars fair and square with their old traditional model. And when they lose it's the opposite story
Old 6 Jul 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3102785)   #759
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
How do you make that out ?

Pescarolo isnt a shadow of what it once was , bare minimum in the workshop front .

Rebellion , what do they do that BMS cant ?
And where have BMS been the last few years?

Wasnt there a split in the team also..
Old 6 Jul 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3102787)   #760
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
In the end it doesn't really matter because unfortunately most of the people don't know about the excistence of BoP in the first place, so when 911 wins Porsche can claim that they're still able beat the newer and possibly more expensive cars fair and square with their old traditional model. And when they lose it's the opposite story
Old 6 Jul 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3102788)   #761
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Wasnt there a split in the team also..
I dont know what they have been doing , and I wasnt aware of any split .

Maybe they dont exist as they once were , dont know .
Old 6 Jul 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3102792)   #762
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I dont know what they have been doing , and I wasnt aware of any split .

Maybe they dont exist as they once were , dont know .
After 2010 with their Porsche campaign in GT2 they seem to have dropped off the radar. Wonder what happened to such a professional and accomplished team?
Old 6 Jul 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3102829)   #763
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Porsche has a lot of haters, and they think to be objective in their point of view. The only think I can do is smile about this, because they think to be objective, thinking their point of view is right, and all the others are wrong. But they are just some other fanboys.
The best answer on this point has been given by Spyderman.
Any other word is too much.

In endurance, the best car is not necessary the fastest one. The perfect endurance car must be fast, reliable, regular, easy to repair, comfortable, not thirsty for fuel...
If a slower car is capable to win twice (or more) times against fastes ones, well... I think fastest cars are not so good under some other points of view (i.e. reliability).
In endurance, is not the pure performance to make a winning car.
But that's only an obvious consideration.
Dario preaching about objectivity on a porsche related matter

That's about as ridiculous as me perching about objectivity regarding Ferrari (which I am sure I did as some point )
Old 6 Jul 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3102831)   #764
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Example Ferrari 458 GTE
Old 6 Jul 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3102924)   #765
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Its Arakis in cognito !!!
If cognito is somewhere in Serbia, then that is where he is!

DK
Old 6 Jul 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3102929)   #766
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Example Ferrari 458 GTE
... or Corvette. Which sounds better to me.

P.S.
If wasn't for that wheel...
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 6 Jul 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3102941)   #767
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I managed to google this
http://www.italiamotorsport.it/docum...d_bull_176.pdf

They are still racing it seems.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 6 Jul 2012 at 17:28.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3102959)   #768
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Porsche has a lot of haters, and they think to be objective in their point of view.
I think it's very elitist to suggest that Porsche has "haters." and only Porsche. As some singer once said, "If you don't have haters, your not doing something right." So clearly Porsche is doing something right.

All teams have haters. Many people can't stand Corvette wins. Alot of people are ticked off by the M3 Waiverwagon. And others just refuse to enjoy a prancing horse. You can't just call out Porsche "haters" and suggest they are the only bad ones.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3102966)   #769
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I think it's very elitist to suggest that Porsche has "haters." and only Porsche. As some singer once said, "If you don't have haters, your not doing something right." So clearly Porsche is doing something right.

All teams have haters. Many people can't stand Corvette wins. Alot of people are ticked off by the M3 Waiverwagon. And others just refuse to enjoy a prancing horse. You can't just call out Porsche "haters" and suggest they are the only bad ones.
Ferrari has the most hatters by far, Porsche has mostly Ferrari fans poking them...corvette, BMW seem to slide trough with lots of support from the LMP fans, but take lot's of flak from Ferrari/Porsche established fans...
Old 6 Jul 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3102967)   #770
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
... or Corvette. Which sounds better to me.

P.S.
If wasn't for that wheel...
Yeah and if a butterfly didn;t jump in the rainforest a million years ago, I woul'tnt have been born..
Old 6 Jul 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3102968)   #771
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This sounds more and more like something which should be carried over to the existing Ferrari/Porsche discussion thread. Can we please return to the Porsche LMP1 subject?
Old 6 Jul 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3102974)   #772
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ferrari has the most hatters by far...
Old 6 Jul 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3102975)   #773
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post

I Like this new smilie!
Old 7 Jul 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3103239)   #774
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!

That would be good for the caption competition.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3103330)   #775
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
This sounds more and more like something which should be carried over to the existing Ferrari/Porsche discussion thread. Can we please return to the Porsche LMP1 subject?
Quite right! How many cars do we reckon Porsche will field for the WEC? My guess is 3 for Le Mans and 2 for the rest of the WEC races.