Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 May 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3825747)   #8426
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I guess that begs a question!
Old 1 Jun 2018, 04:06 (Ref:3825956)   #8427
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Have we ever seen a picture of the car with the engine in full view? Found this on Twitter, something for the techies here

Old 1 Jun 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3826092)   #8428
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They’re running an emerental link on the subaxle. Impressive that they got that to work - the potential in that system has been known for sometime.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3826142)   #8429
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They’re running an emerental link on the subaxle. Impressive that they got that to work - the potential in that system has been known for sometime.
I Googled that and it came up with: "Did you mean emerental stub axle"
Old 2 Jun 2018, 05:30 (Ref:3826155)   #8430
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i thought it was a foreign cheese
Old 2 Jun 2018, 10:14 (Ref:3826177)   #8431
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I Googled that and it came up with: "Did you mean emerental stub axle"
Shows what google knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i thought it was a foreign cheese
Mmmmm, fondue.

My obtuse point is that the actual tech is difficult to see, but packaging, that’s the impressive bit.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3826766)   #8432
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Sneaky just-deleted tweet from the Porsche LMP1 account suggests they are currently testing... at the Nordschleife.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Porsche_Team/sta...63096739745792 Third time they've tried to post it. )
Old 4 Jun 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3826768)   #8433
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why?
Old 4 Jun 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3826769)   #8434
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
The obvious thought is they're targeting Bellof's 6:11.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3826776)   #8435
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My reaction is still 'oh whoopee doo'..... Going round the circuits, not competing, trying to set outright records still seems lame to me when they could be doing something useful....
Old 4 Jun 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3826785)   #8436
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
My reaction is still 'oh whoopee doo'..... Going round the circuits, not competing, trying to set outright records still seems lame to me when they could be doing something useful....
Agreed seems a complete waste of time and money to me, they could have spent the money on an entry for le mans, i am sure the ACO would have agreed to let 1 car in
Old 4 Jun 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3826798)   #8437
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree, surely if they have enough to do this, surely they had enough to do Le Mans
Old 4 Jun 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3826819)   #8438
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Or something like Pikes Peak. Just let it go there and reset the overall record.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3826825)   #8439
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I agree, surely if they have enough to do this, surely they had enough to do Le Mans
Are you serious... Sure probably enough to do a Le Mans entry, but one that is more comparable to a private-team in level and scale.

Still sad that that it is worth to do this instead of channeling the same money to their GT program or any other actual racing.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3826826)   #8440
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Videos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjnIaxYnXvE/
https://www.facebook.com/Nurburgring...0696025055343/
Old 4 Jun 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3826830)   #8441
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I, for one, will be interested to see what sort of Nordschleife lap time they can do.

Of course it is ultimately meaningless, but it's a time that's stood for 35 years as no top level series has been racing there.

I suspect the cost of these lap attempts is minuscule compared to running an LMP car in an actual race and will earn them as much press.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3826833)   #8442
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I, for one, will be interested to see what sort of Nordschleife lap time they can do.

Of course it is ultimately meaningless, but it's a time that's stood for 35 years as no top level series has been racing there.

I suspect the cost of these lap attempts is minuscule compared to running an LMP car in an actual race and will earn them as much press.
+1
Old 4 Jun 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3826857)   #8443
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Going round the circuits, not competing, trying to set outright records still seems lame to me when they could be doing something useful....

Finally we got to agree on something.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 00:00 (Ref:3826879)   #8444
TF110
Veteran

United States
Saw some posters on twitter saying that times are close to breaking the sub-5 minute barrier. Probably a minute+ faster than the record 6:11! Amazing if true.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 04:53 (Ref:3826893)   #8445
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Or something like Pikes Peak. Just let it go there and reset the overall record.
Trying to remember the source, but think a run at Pikes Peak was planned until VW decided to do it with Dumas. Classic company politics
Old 5 Jun 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3826941)   #8446
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This makes me unreasonably angry and I'm not really sure why...

Bellof's time was set in qualifying for a sanctioned, official event run to a certain set of regulations. It's part of Porsche's history, and a fantastic part of it to boot. It should be celebrated (as it has been), especially given what happened to that great talent two years later.

It just doesn't sit right with me if they go and smash that record using a car that isn't homologated or running to any set of rules, isn't competing in a race event and has unrestricted access to the circuit with no other cars to act as a distraction. The Spa time was a bit of fun, I guess, and good PR ("Quicker than F1!") – whatever. But I really really hope they don't go big on this one.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 13:12 (Ref:3826944)   #8447
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
This makes me unreasonably angry and I'm not really sure why...

Bellof's time was set in qualifying for a sanctioned, official event run to a certain set of regulations. It's part of Porsche's history, and a fantastic part of it to boot. It should be celebrated (as it has been), especially given what happened to that great talent two years later.

It just doesn't sit right with me if they go and smash that record using a car that isn't homologated or running to any set of rules, isn't competing in a race event and has unrestricted access to the circuit with no other cars to act as a distraction. The Spa time was a bit of fun, I guess, and good PR ("Quicker than F1!") – whatever. But I really really hope they don't go big on this one.
All it needs is for an F1 team to do the same.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 13:33 (Ref:3826945)   #8448
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you mean try and "break the record"? You may be right, although I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion that a current-gen F1 car is quicker around the Nordschleife than this EVO thing.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3826946)   #8449
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I bet current gen F1 car is quicker when not run without rules restrictions, maybe even with the current rules, we will see at SPA.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3826954)   #8450
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
I bet current gen F1 car is quicker when not run without rules restrictions, maybe even with the current rules, we will see at SPA.
Of course the current F1's will be quicker. They weigh far less (708Kg including driver vs 875 without driver and fuel), and although the F1 is "restricted" it is still far less than a "restricted" LMP1. They also have wider tires (305 mm Front and 405 mm rear) vs 310 mm all round for the 919