Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Apr 2004, 12:29 (Ref:929466)   #1
Soulja
Rookie

Soulja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Lewis Hamilton Be Euro F3 Champion?!

Will Lewis Hamilton be Euro F3 Champion?
That is the Question...
...Of Course he will be!!!!

Prematurely I will say...With these fastest times in testing it only means 1 thing Lewis has to be tipped for the title!!!!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:10 (Ref:929554)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that's the aim for next year.

This season is about getting experience of F3 while also doing as well as possible, but the title's a big ask for an F3 rookie.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:41 (Ref:929640)   #3
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the correct answer is yes.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:25 (Ref:929806)   #4
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great to see Lewis win the title, but my money's on Robert Kubica.

Bruno Spengler, Franck Perera & Nico Rosberg will be quick too, and Hamilton will be in amongst these.

Anyone think any different?
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:37 (Ref:929819)   #5
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton certainly has the ability and the money behind him. I imagine that racing on tracks he has only tested at before will be more challenging. But on balance I think he has a very good chance of winning.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:36 (Ref:929882)   #6
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Need to remember that this will be Lewis' first full season in F3 - all he did last year was a couple of races at the end of the season then off to Macao and Korea to scare the pants off the established runners! He could do it - and I hope he does.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 18:54 (Ref:930020)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis is capable and has the ability. I think he'll be one of the front runners, but I'm not sure he'll win it.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:22 (Ref:930138)   #8
Tom Horley
Racer

Tom Horley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully he will get off to a good start at Hockenheim as he has already raced there in the Renault Euroseries last season.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:18 (Ref:930213)   #9
Kyra
Rookie

Kyra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by O'Schumacher
It would be great to see Lewis win the title, but my money's on Robert Kubica.

Bruno Spengler, Franck Perera & Nico Rosberg will be quick too, and Hamilton will be in amongst these.

Anyone think any different?
yes, i think too!
But my opinion is that B.Spengler will be the strong man of the championshi^p!!!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:38 (Ref:930235)   #10
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are a lot other strong drivers like Green, LaPierre or Premat(if he stops crashing) so a prediction is very difficult
Old 4 Apr 2004, 22:16 (Ref:930269)   #11
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed it is difficult to predict anything as there is so much talent this year. About those testing times I will just remind that there is so much more than a time sheet.

Which brings a little question: Have you noticed who is the driver that was nowhere last year and so far this year is always on the top-5? Is his pace real?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 12:55 (Ref:930985)   #12
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis is an extremely talented driver, of course, and Manor are a thoroughly professional outfit, but if they win the Euroseries in their first year, it'll be the final nail in the coffin as far as the "British vs EuroSeries" debate goes!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 15:12 (Ref:931158)   #13
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Go_For_Pole

Which brings a little question: Have you noticed who is the driver that was nowhere last year and so far this year is always on the top-5? Is his pace real?
Do you mean La Rosa from Germany? Yes he suprises me too. He scored 1 point last year and now he is in the top 5 of all official testing sessions. It suprises me a lot, because Margaritis realy outpaced him last year and now he is at the top, and Margaritis is nowwere (the are not in the same team).

About Lewis, I really think he has a chance, but it depends on how quick he learns the circuits. Same from Green, altough he knows a couple. I think they both have a good chance, but their is a lot of talent this year, so it's hard to predict.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 15:26 (Ref:931172)   #14
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeap Daisy, spot on. There is a reason for Alex's lack of pace though, I am not worried yet.

Mathias, what would it prove? You don't really think that Prema couldn't win the British title with Briscoe last year, do you? An excellent team can win everywhere. Ditto for an excellent driver
Old 5 Apr 2004, 18:36 (Ref:931366)   #15
Mathias
Veteran

England
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Go_For_Pole
Mathias, what would it prove? You don't really think that Prema couldn't win the British title with Briscoe last year, do you? An excellent team can win everywhere. Ditto for an excellent driver
I'm sure that Prema and/or Briscoe would have done very well in British F3 if they'd competed here last year, and I've no doubt they would have been in with a chance of winning!

But while Manor are a great team, they're no Carlin, and they're no Prema.

And if Team Ghinzani came over here with a very promising young driver who had only done 6 F3 races and only finished half of them (no offence to Lewis - who is fantastic), and then everyone was suggesting they could win the Championship, I'd be very worried for the future of British F3!!!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:22 (Ref:931561)   #16
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
I get your point Mathias except from the good-not-excellent argument about Manor. Of course you are in the UK, you see things and you should know better. But my logic suggests that if you take a (already)good team and give them a big budget, chances are they will develop in an excellent one. Well, they should at least. So yes, if Ghizani had an Italian Hamilton and funding let 's say from Ferrari, then if they ended up winning the British title, it wouldn't be the end of the world. My view anyway!

Last edited by Go_For_Pole; 5 Apr 2004 at 21:25.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 09:12 (Ref:931989)   #17
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lapierre for me.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 12:11 (Ref:932169)   #18
Mathias
Veteran

England
Point well made, GFP - I'd forgot the extras that Manor have attracted!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:08 (Ref:932387)   #19
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton 2004 Euro champion?
I'd like he would, but I fear he won't.
It normallytrakes a good experience to make ie there, and Lewis is a freshman. But I'm confident he can have a good season, with some spot good performances (maybe some wins); after all he's merc-backed and can count on a good team.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:21 (Ref:932580)   #20
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Back to topic! I think a vital factor will be who will get the special Opel and Mercedes motors. They did exist last year and logic suggest they will also exist this year. Therefore, form in the early races could be the make or brake of all those talented guys in the entry list.

In any case, i just can't see Rosberg and Hamilton not getting special care (for PR reasons). Who will be the others though?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 21:59 (Ref:932837)   #21
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone can win it as a rookie, it's Lewis and Manor. Manor are a damn good team, they won the British F3 series on their debut, so why not the Euroseries? Three years without an F3 title doesn't make a team rubbish in my book, especially not when they've won a Renault title in that time.

Manor's record over the last five years:

1999 - F3/FRenault Champions
2000 - F3/FRenault Champions
2001 - FRenault runner-up
2002 - 3rd FRenault
2003 - FRenault Champions

That ain't bad at all.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 22:46 (Ref:932881)   #22
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manor won their first two years of BRITISH F3, no reason why they couldnt do the same in the Euroseries, and it wouldnt prove anything one way or the other. One could argue that having won the co.uk series their first two years running, not winning the Euroseries as 'rookies' shows how weak the british grid is ;P
Old 7 Apr 2004, 08:20 (Ref:933119)   #23
Mathias
Veteran

England
Oh b*gger.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 14:03 (Ref:933498)   #24
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anything to get you off Andrew Thompson is worth it
Old 8 Apr 2004, 15:12 (Ref:934476)   #25
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Apparently Hamilton had a big off yesterday in Hockenheim and he was taken to the hospital for tests. Nothing serious though.

Premat was fastest btw.