Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Aug 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1369103)   #1
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals Needed - Oulton Park 6th August

We are once again appealing to all marshals for their assistance at this up and coming event.

We seem to be generally short of observers and flags this season but looks like we will all be pitching in again for this meeting.

The number of entrants per category - I am reliably informed - is increasing each day and the racing looks like it will be pretty good.

Anyone interested please contact myself or Alistair Garrett (marshals@brsccnw.com) for tickets.

See you there!

Nadine
Old 1 Aug 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1369150)   #2
Jan Gower
Racer

Jan Gower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Nadine, it looks a really good meeting, I for one am really looking forward to it. There may only be 3 sessions but by the looks of things they are going to be big entries to each of them.

See you all on Saturday!!!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1369453)   #3
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to meeting David Leslie again - is there any chance we can persuade him and some of his fellow drivers to help marshal the other races....?!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1369620)   #4
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
might have some bad news nadine, i know i tend to attract more trouble but at least iam about but i might not be able to get this off work, trying everyting but not getting far!!!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1369641)   #5
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
might have some bad news nadine, i know i tend to attract more trouble but at least iam about but i might not be able to get this off work, trying everyting but not getting far!!! any idea on gridsizes wots runnin cos there always good with these things but just curious
Old 1 Aug 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1369692)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Gower
There may only be 3 sessions but by the looks of things they are going to be big entries to each of them.
Does this mean boring-ish endurance races then?
Old 2 Aug 2005, 06:37 (Ref:1369839)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Does this mean boring-ish endurance races then?
Judging by recent endurance races at Oulton - VW Fun Cup, Caterham Masters - it means some very close, exciting racing. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1369898)   #8
Jan Gower
Racer

Jan Gower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment, and they are still coming, we have one with 34 entrants, one with 22 and the last one with 24. I would much prefer to see good enduro races than one or two of last weekends races at Oulton.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 09:15 (Ref:1369940)   #9
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee thanks Mark Mitchell, here I am a local lad waiting all year for racing to come back up north after doing the tour of the south twice (Brands & Snett) and finally when racing comes home and you say that it's going to be boring!

Well Oulton Park is never boring and obviously you have never watched a Britcar meeting. More exciting GT's in Britcar than the British GT (Porsche v's Ferrari), Production S1 probably the closest racing you will watch all year over a 2hr race and three times as many cars as BTCC and finally Britsports our own little Le Mans series!!!

They are all quality cars.

All you locals come and see me (since I am also a registered Marshall, I should though really do more since the training course). Nadine it would be good to speak to you as I could do with your advice on what Marshalls kit to buy.

I am racing in Production S1 in an ex Edenbridge Racing BTCC BMW 320i (ex Michael Bentwood), partnering me is Calum Lockie. So come and say hello during your lunch break (I might even let you grab a butty!!!)

Regards,
Michael Wilson.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1369951)   #10
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbo
Gee thanks Mark Mitchell, here I am a local lad waiting all year for racing to come back up north after doing the tour of the south twice (Brands & Snett) and finally when racing comes home and you say that it's going to be boring!

Well Oulton Park is never boring and obviously you have never watched a Britcar meeting. More exciting GT's in Britcar than the British GT (Porsche v's Ferrari), Production S1 probably the closest racing you will watch all year over a 2hr race and three times as many cars as BTCC and finally Britsports our own little Le Mans series!!!

Very well said Wilbo.

Look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Ian
Old 2 Aug 2005, 10:19 (Ref:1369977)   #11
rumblefish
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
rumblefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If reports from previous Britcar meetings are to be believed, we should be in for some great racing. Looking forward to it!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1370090)   #12
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Small world Wilbo (i too am from preston!) so i'll see you on the M6!!! I'm looking forward to it, and it's a great way to get in the enduro groove before Silverstone the week after...
Old 2 Aug 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1370149)   #13
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
absolutely...really lookin forward to it....shame my old friends from the gts squad arent making the trip(leslie and handmakker)....jus wait till im on the phone to them.....theylll wish they had!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1370225)   #14
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Read my post again! I asked if it was going to be boring - I never actually said it WAS going to be boring

Quote:
I'm sure they are!

Quote:
All you locals come and see me .....................I am racing in Production S1 in an ex Edenbridge Racing BTCC BMW 320i (ex Michael Bentwood), partnering me is Calum Lockie. So come and say hello during your lunch break
I'll be there - never said any different! Best of luck in the race
Old 3 Aug 2005, 07:00 (Ref:1370769)   #15
Steve and Gruff
Rookie

England
North Cheshire
Steve and Gruff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a damn good meeting, lets hope the grid numbers mentioned are actual, if not more on the day.

See you all there

Steve
Old 5 Aug 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1373171)   #16
SRPhoto
Veteran

Wales
Wrexham
SRPhoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am looking forward to it!

Especially as after a few delays my 'red' badge has come through today!

BMMC Member since Oct 2001
Marshalled my first Rally on 9th March 2002 (Malcolm Wilson Rally)
Marshalled my first Race on 6th April 2002 (750MC - Oulton Park)
Marshalled my first British F1 GP 18th/20th July 2003
Old 7 Aug 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1374128)   #17
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Well Oulton Park is never boring
It was yesterday!

Quote:
and obviously you have never watched a Britcar meeting. More exciting GT's in Britcar than the British GT
No way!

Quote:
Production S1 probably the closest racing you will watch all year over a 2hr race
By the time the S1's came out we had all lost the will to live!

Sorry to sound so nagetive, but I think (As I have mentioned in a different thread) this was a raceday for the racers - not for the public, not for the marshals.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1374147)   #18
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Need. More. Britcars.

To put it simply, but the last race did seem to flyby. Shame the F40 didn't make it.