Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 Aug 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1697671)   #1
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old Time GP Track

This is my version of an early 1900's GP track. It is a little longer than 27 miles and runs clockwise. It runs throught the streets of Liverpool, NY and Syracuse, NY, two adjacent cities.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=401313

The GP of Liverpool stars on Oswego Road/Oswego Street/Route 57 in between Blackberry Road and Elmcrest Road. The track heads north following the natural bends in the road until it reaches State Route 31, where it takes a hard right. The track follows State Route 31 until it reaches County Highway 121/Henry Clay Boulevard just shy of the 7-mile mark.

The track heads south along State Highway 121/Henry Clay Boulevard. The track follows the bends in the road until it reaches Waterhouse Road, where it makes a right. The track then makes a left onto County Highway 46/Morgan Road. The track heads south until it reaches County Highway 45/County Highway 161/County Highway 48/Buckley Road, and heads east. The run along Buckley Road is about 6 miles and gradually goes from heading east to heading south.

The track then makes a long curving lef onto Park Street. The track runs along Park Street until it reaches Hiawatha Boulevard, where the track heads left. The track turns right onto 2nd North Street. The track takes another right onto LeMoyne Avenue. The track reaches Washington Square, where the track heads in a counter clockwise direction. The track heads back onto LeMoyne Avenue until it reaches Lodi Street, where it goes left.

The track then turns onto Bear Street taking you to Spencer Street. There is a hard right onto Hiawatha Boulevard. The track then enters the Carousel Center Parking lot where it runs along the entrance and exit ramps to Interstate 81. It follows these ramps until it reaches Onondaga Lake Parkway. It then makes a curving left onto Oswego Street, which it follows to the finish line.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 16:19 (Ref:1697727)   #2
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
27 and a half miles. Thats long, was this meant for 24 hour races?
Old 31 Aug 2006, 00:02 (Ref:1698137)   #3
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
This is something in the vein of Pescara, Lobethal, Bastogne, Taunus, Isle of Man/Manx TT, etc.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 01:25 (Ref:1698152)   #4
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
This is something in the vein of Pescara, Lobethal, Bastogne, Taunus, Isle of Man/Manx TT, etc.
Yup, what he said.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1699138)   #5
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did something like this through my home town and a couple of neighbouring towns once, too.