Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 23 Sep 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1717046)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Valheigh Park

Welcome to Valheigh Park.

Situated in Tasmania, Valheigh Park is a relatively fast track with plenty of twists and turns to challenge both man and machine. Let's go for a lap, going clockwise from the blue line.
Heading down into Turn 1, drivers have to be hard on the brakes and careful not to out-brake themselves because the track dips down on the braking approach. Out of the corner you go hard on the accelerator as you power your way to Turn 2, gently turning the car right to keep on the black stuff. By now you have climbed your way out of Turn 1 and are on the brakes. A move up the inside can be rewarded with a pass on an opponent provided you don't understeer straight into them or the gravel trap waiting on the outside. Getting a good exit is crucial so no-one sees an opportunity to move down the inside of you heading into Turn 3, a surprisingly tight left hander. A quick burst of acceleration before you hit the brakes for Turn 4, which again dips down. Powering out you approach Turn 5, a sweeping left hander. Only the bravest of men take this flat out, while many have been lead astray. Climb up the hill, approaching Turn 6, a left hand hairpin. A quick squeeze of the throttle as you come down to Turn 7, which again dips down, then into Turn 8, taking you further down. Grab the throttle again as you approach Turn 9, a sharp right hander. From there you climb again out ad up the hill, on the approach to the daunting Turn 10, a right hand sweeper. This turn is very scary for many drivers as it is a blind brow that quickly and sharply dips down into Turn 11, another sweeper. Understeer at Turn 10 is a big issue. From Turn 12, a sharp right hand turn, you hit the brakes into Turn 13, a right hander, followed by 14, another right hander. You have to be hard on the brakes all the way through Turn 13 and you have to be careful not to slide straight off with a locked tyre. Out of the sharp right Turn 14 it is hard on the gas as you approach Turn 15, 16 and 17, a smooth set of left-right-left corners on the approach to the main straight to complete a lap of Valheigh Park!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 23 Sep 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1717182)   #2
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too sure on a couple of the corners, but the rest are looking good. Very colourful.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1717223)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think unconventional is the phrase I'd use, especially the pitlane arrangement.

You have ample run off on some corners, yet others which would need run off don't have any.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1717328)   #4
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, edit coming soon.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Sep 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1718379)   #5
cosmicpanda
Rookie

cosmicpanda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks quite a lot like Bahrain to me; very stop-start. However, I like the faster turns of the circuit, especially turn three, which looks rather challenging.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1721176)   #6
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This track has potential, that's why I like it. And both blot shape and the graphics are nice, too.

But cosmicpanda is right about the circuit's stop-start character. Here's my ideas for a future update of the track
-a wider Turn 3 would still allow some overtaking in 3rd or 4th gear instead of 2nd gear;
-the 2 corners after the left-hand hairpin up the hill in the infield are a bit too tight to flow nicely. Maybe morphing them into one single corner, a right-hander of a parabolica shape would make them flow nicer?
-I don't know why, but somehow, I don't like the 2 corners before the last hairpin. Straightening out either one or both of them might create another overtaking opportunity.

I hope you like my suggestions.
CU
Yannick