Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 26 May 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3253596)   #51
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
green/white/checker is a stupid gimmick.

Good for TK and a great race!
Old 26 May 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3253597)   #52
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not the way you want to see a finish but a good win for TK.
All the medal stories-nice.Every fan was waving their hats for him. Popular win.

Cool seeing Zanardi and Papis there.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3253598)   #53
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
green/white/checker is a stupid gimmick.

Good for TK and a great race!

Stop counting laps under a red flag is not a gimmick and is commonly used in many series.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3253601)   #54
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
A yellow flag should mean a red flag with six laps to go. But I don't feel that short changed - I'm very satisfied with that race. Great win for Kanaan and Vasser.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3253602)   #55
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
They should use the 2002 CART red flag rules from 5-3 to go.

But what a job by Tony Kanaan!

Agreed.. or at least a green white checker like nascar.. no one was gonna be out of fuel.

Still, it was a great race to watch. TK deserved it.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3253603)   #56
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TK talked about his son, why isn't his son there?
Old 26 May 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3253606)   #57
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GREAT RACE

Great Winner

Poor Finish.

Will Remember this for a long time.

I'll take it, only thing I hate was all the aerial shots showing so many empty seats. Turns 3 was a ghost town and that's despite them reducing 10% of the capacity this year. Even Paddock and turn 4 was filled with empties. Such a shame Americans now are going to outdoor sporting events in smaller numbers.

NOTHING, No matter how many HD tv angles, NOTHING, beats a day at the races.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3253609)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
GREAT RACE

Great Winner

Poor Finish.

Will Remember this for a long time.

I'll take it, only thing I hate was all the aerial shots showing so many empty seats. Turns 3 was a ghost town and that's despite them reducing 10% of the capacity this year. Even Paddock and turn 4 was filled with empties. Such a shame Americans now are going to outdoor sporting events in smaller numbers.

NOTHING, No matter how many HD tv angles, NOTHING, beats a day at the races.
It will be interesting to see what the viewing figures will be.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3253611)   #59
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It certainly was a great race! Lots of passes and action and I'm so happy for Kanaan!

Unlike some here, I don't mind finishing under yellow. The race is 200 laps, not 200 green flag laps.

Hopefully this strengthens IndyCar as a whole.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3253612)   #60
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a real shame if ratings dropped for this race.. I was on the edge of my seat most of the race. A better finish and that 500 is a classic. People may say it was too easy to pass yet the best cars were up there all day.. I think Allmindinger could have won if not for the seat belt issue.
Old 26 May 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3253620)   #61
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Unlike some here, I don't mind finishing under yellow. The race is 200 laps, not 200 green flag laps.
Agreed
Old 26 May 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3253634)   #62
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
It's a real shame if ratings dropped for this race.. I was on the edge of my seat most of the race. A better finish and that 500 is a classic.

It was still a classic. 68 Lead Changes, record leaders, and all time speed record.
Old 26 May 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3253658)   #63
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hate the new cars all you want, the last 2 500's have been crackers. Bring on the body kits and the innovation!
Old 26 May 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3253666)   #64
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, the new car was more or less designed to allow lots of passing at Indy IMO. It was clear it would be like that.

I don't mind the new car in general. It is definitely a significant improvement.
Old 26 May 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3253673)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Well, the new car was more or less designed to allow lots of passing at Indy IMO. It was clear it would be like that.

I don't mind the new car in general. It is definitely a significant improvement.
A Reynard or Lola it is not but anything would have been an improvement on the previous car, which lacked development. The next step is for innovation away from spec racing and development of the DW 12 to take place or it'll end up just like its predecessor.
Old 26 May 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3253676)   #66
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Innovation and variation would be awesome, no question. There is nothing but inevitable doom without it.
Old 26 May 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3253693)   #67
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any of the top 4 or 5 cars could have won, which is why it's so disappointing to see it all stopped by a yellow flag. I'd much rather see a red flag in that situation to give the fans and drivers a proper finish. 2nd year in a row now that the great American race ended under yellow.

GWC works for nascar, but I think the quick red flag and 1 pace lap would be better. We would have ended with at least a one lap dash.
Old 26 May 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3253697)   #68
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did not watch the race (race start about 4am after the gp finished 12:30am). However, I've just found out that Kanaan won. I wasn't expecting that. I'm stoked for him though!
Old 26 May 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3253698)   #69
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Wow, that was intense! Congratulations to the 33 drivers and their teams. Kanaan finally won, which makes me very happy. Andretti, Hunter-Reay, Hinchcliffe and Muñoz will have other chances to join the list.

It's a new track record! It was the fastest Indianapolis 500 ever. 2:40 of racing or something.
Old 26 May 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3253703)   #70
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after 5 rounds:

1. Marco Andretti (Andretti) - 168
2. Tsakuma Sato (Foyt), 157
3. Hélio Castroneves (Penske), 152
4. Ryan Hunter-Reay (Andretti), 138
5. James Hinchcliffe (Andretti), 128
6. Justin Wilson (Dale Coyne), 125
7. Tony Kanaan (KV), 124
8. Scott Dixon (Ganassi), 122
9. Oriol Serviá (Panther DRR), 112
10. Simon Pagenaud (Schmidt), 108
Old 26 May 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3253715)   #71
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
To think the previous track record was set by Arie Luyendyk, when he won his first Indy 500 in 1990 with an average speed of 185.981. He still holds outright one lap record of 237.498 mph and the qualifying four lap average of 236.986 mph, set in 1996 in a Reynard 95i with a Ford Cosworth XB engine.
Old 27 May 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3253757)   #72
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm surprised everyone all the sudden wants a fake, contrived ending to the race. Should we red flag every incident so we have 500 miles of green flag running as well?? Is there a minimum lead where you would end under yellow or if someone has a 10 second lead should we red flag the race to allow the other drivers to close up and have a sprint finish cause it would make for a better show. And sorry but that's exactly what half of the whinging about F1 tires and GA yellows seems to be and yet we now want it at Indy?
Old 27 May 2013, 02:04 (Ref:3253762)   #73
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm surprised everyone all the sudden wants a fake, contrived ending to the race. Should we red flag every incident so we have 500 miles of green flag running as well?? Is there a minimum lead where you would end under yellow or if someone has a 10 second lead should we red flag the race to allow the other drivers to close up and have a sprint finish cause it would make for a better show. And sorry but that's exactly what half of the whinging about F1 tires and GA yellows seems to be and yet we now want it at Indy?
There's one rule when it comes to this forum. There must be something to ***** about, or else it will look like the Hulman-Georges have done something right, which is an impossible occurrence.
Old 27 May 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3253765)   #74
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
I never said they had to, I just said it was something they should look at. They've already instituted Double File Restarts and Push to Pass, how is using basic Red flag rules any more gimmicky than that?

I was very, very happy about the race today. I just hope the ratings were good.

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 27 May 2013 at 02:28.
Old 27 May 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3253766)   #75
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I did not watch the race (race start about 4am after the gp finished 12:30am). However, I've just found out that Kanaan won. I wasn't expecting that. I'm stoked for him though!

Kind of sucks you got it spoiled. Knowing the prospects for today's race I probably would have stayed off the internet had I not been able to watch it live.