Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Mar 2004, 03:25 (Ref:923545)   #1
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pukekohe - who cocked up.

It would appear that a lot of teams are very unhappy with the boat schedules for return from NZ. The shipping company has sent the boat to service a more important customer, so the transporters will now arrive back in Brisbane the Sat before Hidden Valley. With little time available for work on the cars in NZ due to a horse race at Puke, I hope there is not a lot of carnage. Qld teams may be able to do some work on the cars, but would I think there is little hope for the rest.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 03:31 (Ref:923550)   #2
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shouldn't it be Poke - a - kiwi????
Old 30 Mar 2004, 03:51 (Ref:923554)   #3
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ROTFL Dirk!!!
Old 30 Mar 2004, 04:17 (Ref:923560)   #4
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

Blu_butterfly17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think teams will find a lot more shipping companies service NZ. To get cargo other there and back does not cost that much, and time is very minimal. I take it though NZ pays for transit though?
Old 30 Mar 2004, 04:32 (Ref:923567)   #5
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As long as the Kiwi is a chick, Dirkie, no worries. If it's not, dude, the pink dollar club is alive in CBD Auckland for you!

The freight to NZ is paid. The cost of moving a transporter would be fairly heavy and I am sure that teams would suffer a stokingly significant penalty for not using the CHOSEN CARRIER
Old 30 Mar 2004, 05:10 (Ref:923576)   #6
Blu_butterfly17
Racer

Blu_butterfly17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep thought so Just Do It, rather be sure about things like that. Anyone know who they are shipping with?
Old 30 Mar 2004, 06:57 (Ref:923606)   #7
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many teams are going to have to start to move to a spare car for each driver soon to avoid this type of thing.If you are a championship contender it will become a must in 12 or so months time I am sure.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 30 Mar 2004, 07:48 (Ref:923641)   #8
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And this is only New Zealand - what chance of a stuff up for Bahrain?
Old 30 Mar 2004, 09:59 (Ref:923761)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bahrain?? Have we missed something??

I don't know the line, but their roll-on, roll-off is
H-U-G-E on a H-U-G-E SCALE.
Its bland to look at and green in colour, and holds more cars than one of Frank Lowy's Westfield carparks.

There are several buildings on the Auckland waterfront well worth going up to look down on the wharf when all the transporters are parked up.

The new BigPond transporter looks amazing - from the jigsaw puzzle-type pieces of it we have seen. Even MNews didn't show a whole pic of it uncovered.
Hopefully next issue.......
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:04 (Ref:923764)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
Many teams are going to have to start to move to a spare car for each driver soon to avoid this type of thing.If you are a championship contender it will become a must in 12 or so months time I am sure.
Most teams have spares at the moment, SBR certainly does, 888 has the 2003 cars, FPR have Lowndes' 2003 beast, BJR have a spare, WPS have an AU, Thexton has his AU, Larko has a BA in build, DJR has a BA in build, SER has a BA in build.

On the red side, HRT has a spare VX, so does KRT, PWR too, GRM as well, Perkins has a VY in build, as does PMM, and Dynamik, Tasman reckons they do too (dreamers!) while TKR have their 2003 and 2002/1 cars around.

So most of these guys are covered in the event of serious accident damage... wont help for the event they are at, but may for future races to save on the workload!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:17 (Ref:923771)   #11
RaceTime
Veteran

I reported the other day that you can expect an announcement any day that Shanghai is off and will be replaced by Bahrain - my informaiton is that most likely tomorrow is when we hear the facts.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:19 (Ref:923774)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are problems with Bahrain with sandstorms at different times of the year arent there RT? They may have to push it back later in the season to get away from the danger zone....
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:24 (Ref:923780)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

So Bahrain is like Thunderbirds?

Will kind of make oil company sponsorship pointless
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:33 (Ref:923785)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well TC should build Thunderbird 2, and have a pod especially designed to house 35 Supercars and drop them off at Bahrain, then onto Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Nurburgring, Magny Cours, Suzuka then back to the big brown land....
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:52 (Ref:923801)   #15
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain?

And we thought Kolb corner was skatey.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:56 (Ref:923803)   #16
Just Do It!
Veteran

GTR: Watch franchise values then, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mini-F1! Nice!
Old 30 Mar 2004, 11:27 (Ref:923845)   #17
RaceTime
Veteran

The date will remain the same - again, as far as I have been informed, all the transport arrangements are already in place - it is a matter of pointing to the middle east instead of China.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 23:49 (Ref:924590)   #18
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Most teams have spares at the moment, SBR certainly does, 888 has the 2003 cars, FPR have Lowndes' 2003 beast, BJR have a spare, WPS have an AU, Thexton has his AU, Larko has a BA in build, DJR has a BA in build, SER has a BA in build.

On the red side, HRT has a spare VX, so does KRT, PWR too, GRM as well, Perkins has a VY in build, as does PMM, and Dynamik, Tasman reckons they do too (dreamers!) while TKR have their 2003 and 2002/1 cars around.

So most of these guys are covered in the event of serious accident damage... wont help for the event they are at, but may for future races to save on the workload!
Are you sure that SBR do? they didn't last year and didn't build a car in the off season did they?
I would be suprised if to much of the 888 cars are interchangable with the Briggs units FPR and BJR certainly do but WPS can have as many cars as they like they have not enough staff or franchises to even compete as a two car team as yet.
HRT -would they be allowed to revert back to the old car and engine?
GRM-Gary said he has no spare car,I think the Bathurst 2000 car is a muesem piece as they din't even use it when Bargs had his big hit.
By spare car i mean a spare car,complete roller with brakes,fuel cell,seat,belts,fire bomb radiator etc.Just slip in an engine and g'box.Well that just drops FPR out of the equation as well then doesn't it as I doubt that they havve to many spare "race ready " donks laying about that wouldn't be on the boat.
I guess the point is that most teams are unable to field a car with out access to the parts on there current cars.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 05:31 (Ref:924783)   #19
Just Do It!
Veteran

Any news on Bahrain yet, RaceTime?
Old 31 Mar 2004, 05:40 (Ref:924789)   #20
RaceTime
Veteran

Expecting a "CAMS" style press release ie just after the National News goes to air - but info today suggests definately on - HRT are aware of it and planning accordingly
Old 31 Mar 2004, 05:46 (Ref:924794)   #21
Just Do It!
Veteran

Nice!

Cruise ship accommadation for the Supercar crews too?
Imagine the corporates wanting to go then........!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:16 (Ref:924866)   #22
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain will be good, and of course the press release will come out after closing time today
, thats the way cams always do things.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:20 (Ref:924869)   #23
RaceTime
Veteran

Will let the Big Boys play with the sand between their toes....

Understand that there will also be announcement of tyre restrictions....could be interesting.

(Oops - spelling fixed..)

Last edited by RaceTime; 31 Mar 2004 at 07:26.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:36 (Ref:924881)   #24
RaceTime
Veteran

Didn't he take part on the Sand Castle Building competition held in Melbourne just before the AGP?
Old 31 Mar 2004, 07:48 (Ref:924887)   #25
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting if they do announce it tommorow as it may get overlooked if the Bahrain GP is a fizzer this weekend. On the other Hand it could excite alot of people their and, sign them up when there at your door steep. I guess we will have to wait and see.