Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Mar 2007, 14:57 (Ref:1861513)   #1351
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may have been covered earlier, but where did all the Starions wind up?

- The various Ralliart works cars
- Greville Arnell's
- Brian Sampson's
- Kevin Bartlett's silver & then yellow private cars
Old 10 Mar 2007, 10:06 (Ref:1862888)   #1352
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey david, have you got a terry towelling hat for your team manager?

What ever happened to Ron Meacham (?) from BMW inthe day?

Racer, Dean Crosswell is racing one at PI this weekend!
Old 10 Mar 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1863140)   #1353
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the Crosswell one is the ex-Scotty Taylor 'Xerox Shop' car.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1865543)   #1354
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog
Hey david, have you got a terry towelling hat for your team manager?

What ever happened to Ron Meacham (?) from BMW inthe day?

Racer, Dean Crosswell is racing one at PI this weekend!
I thinking you're thinking of Frank Gardner... Frank's on the Gold Coast, golfing. Been a while since I've been to the HPDC, but he used to stick his head around the door down there here and there...
Old 13 Mar 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1865902)   #1355
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two seperate questions mate, there was a few good articles and tv stories on Gardner in the last 12 months, however I remember that Meacham was a big supporter of Group A inside BMW Aust.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 07:08 (Ref:1866182)   #1356
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69

Which if I'm correct, was the Brian Sampson car which formerly raced as a production car...
Old 14 Mar 2007, 07:24 (Ref:1866191)   #1357
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
Which if I'm correct, was the Brian Sampson car which formerly raced as a production car...
Yes.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1872967)   #1358
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog
Two seperate questions mate, there was a few good articles and tv stories on Gardner in the last 12 months, however I remember that Meacham was a big supporter of Group A inside BMW Aust.
He was a big supporter of Frank's too... 1988, and he disappeared from the works BMW pit (Brock's), and reappeared in the B&H (Ford) pit to see his old mate manage the winner...
Old 23 Mar 2007, 03:52 (Ref:1874179)   #1359
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that the Group A/C cars are a support for the fujitsu series at Wakefield Park. Anyone know how many cars are entered????

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 26 Mar 2007, 07:37 (Ref:1876465)   #1360
rorym
Rookie

Australia
Maryborough Qld
rorym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What happened to the Toyota Team Australia Toyota Supra, last seen from memory with the John Smith run Mercentile Mutual Toyota Dealer Team at Bathurst 1991.

Peter Williamson's Group C Toyota Celica's? And at that what ever happened to 'that rotten Volvo' from bathurst 1979

Abit off topic also, but i'd be hard pressed to get an answer on the rally forum, but what became of Colin Bond's Triumph TR7 V8?
Denis Neill...Ex Honda Aust Superbike rider got most of the bits out of it for his road going Supera off John...Then promptly wrapped it around a telephone post. Was wriiten off..It was a deep red wine colour.
R
Old 29 Mar 2007, 23:37 (Ref:1879563)   #1361
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Now for sale... Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Mar 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1879567)   #1362
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Gerald Kay had a blue & white VK, the Jagparts car ...
And its now for sale... Here
Old 31 Mar 2007, 08:05 (Ref:1880289)   #1363
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorym
Denis Neill...Ex Honda Aust Superbike rider got most of the bits out of it for his road going Supera off John...Then promptly wrapped it around a telephone post. Was wriiten off..It was a deep red wine colour.
R

The ex TTA Supra turbo is still around, could still be owned by John Smith (but could be wrong), I shared the grid with it at Eastern Creek around '03, competing in the sports car 1hr race - was running in the top 5 for a while, it still wasn't overly reliable but it certainly was quick!
Old 31 Mar 2007, 12:26 (Ref:1880400)   #1364
ART Racing
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba, QLD
ART Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supras

Quote:
The ex TTA Supra turbo is still around, could still be owned by John Smith (but could be wrong), I shared the grid with it at Eastern Creek around '03, competing in the sports car 1hr race - was running in the top 5 for a while, it still wasn't overly reliable but it certainly was quick!
There were two TTA Supras weren't there, I believe one was basically written off, the other is still with John as you say. Many of the spares were sold off by TTA when Group A finished, and these are the spares that Denis bought (some of which I later bought).

As far as the Celicas go - 77/78 Axe car with Dick Watts and currently stored at the museum at Bathurst, 79 yellow car is in later Chikadee colours with Beach Thomas in Sydney, 80 Green car became the Daily Planet car, later converted to group A and basically written off although the remaining parts are now in Sydney, 81 orange/red car written off up here at the end of 81, and the 84-87 Celica/Supra is currently annoying the hell out of its owner which is why he is mucking around on the internet rather than working on it. Happy to be corrected on any of the above if I have it wrong.

John
Old 31 Mar 2007, 12:38 (Ref:1880409)   #1365
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Smith definitely did have the Supra still a few years back sitting in his workshop at Fergusans Toyota in Hurstville.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 11:30 (Ref:1885389)   #1366
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year there was talk of an ANZ Sierra landing back in NSW. Does anyone know if the car will be makign an appearance any time soon?
Old 8 Apr 2007, 06:37 (Ref:1886013)   #1367
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of you may know this already but, Morris ran and smashed the ex Longhurst JPS 325 at Wakefield a couple of weeks ago. It's the car Longhurst won the Amscar series of 1986 in. The car has recently returned to OZ from NZ and is now owned by a former part owner of Wakefield Park, Michael Speis (spelling?). I hope to see it at Oran in June.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 06:40 (Ref:1886014)   #1368
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
Some of you may know this already but, Morris ran and smashed the ex Longhurst JPS 325 at Wakefield a couple of weeks ago. It's the car Longhurst won the Amscar series of 1986 in. The car has recently returned to OZ from NZ and is now owned by a former part owner of Wakefield Park, Michael Speis (spelling?). I hope to see it at Oran in June.
Didnt know it got crashed... saw that it DNF'd, presumed it was mechanical failure... the thing was doing some amazing times... with no spares or extra wheels/tyres etc to speak of... although Mr Small was an interested observer...

A birthday/refresh and it could be even quicker!
Old 8 Apr 2007, 09:13 (Ref:1886184)   #1369
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32
Last year there was talk of an ANZ Sierra landing back in NSW. Does anyone know if the car will be makign an appearance any time soon?

The #9 ANZ Rouse/Moffat Sierra from 1987 is back in NSW but has not been restored yet.
As posted in another thread the #10 ANZ Moffat Eggenberger Sierra (Bathurst 1989-1992) is to return to Australia but not yet here. I understand it will be about one month before arrival. It would be nice to see them both at the September Muscle Car Masters meeting.
I will try to post some pictures of the #10 car as it has been in storage for about the last 13 years. Note the genuine CAMS stickers for 1989 to 1992 on the side of the dash

Nice pics DrBob - GTRMagic

Last edited by GTRMagic; 8 Apr 2007 at 10:00.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1886270)   #1370
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will these Sierra's potentially run in Group A/C Touring Car's?
Old 8 Apr 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1886324)   #1371
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will run in Group A Touring cars
Old 8 Apr 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1886332)   #1372
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
As it ran as #23, i was of the impression it would have been the car raced by Garry Rogers at round 1 & 2 of the 1986 ATCC, Longhurst ran #25 in 1986.

He did run #23 during 1985 though in a 323i, the car running in BMW Motorsport colours, before being transformed into JPS colours for the endurance races.
Old 9 Apr 2007, 07:42 (Ref:1887012)   #1373
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it safe to assume that the HRT/Mobil 1 VNs were all converted to VP and VRs? Its good to see the HRT VLs back out on the track. I wonder if we can ever expect to see the VNs. (Or Larry's old Castrol VL)
Old 11 Apr 2007, 08:01 (Ref:1888785)   #1374
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

He did run #23 during 1985 though in a 323i, the car running in BMW Motorsport colours, before being transformed into JPS colours for the endurance races.
Hi Racer, the 23 car that Longhurst ran in selected races in 85 was the car that went to Brian Bolwell towards the end of 85, who rolled it at Bathurst 86 and eventually to me in 1999. afaik the car was never in the hands of Rogers, that was a separate car, either a 323 or a 325. My old car was never a black JPS car.

Apparently the front wheel was ripped out of the car in the Wakefield accident, Morris seemed to think it was a minor incident and the repairs were nothing to worry about, I'm told.

I look forward to racing the car, won't it be nice to see 2 M3s, the 325 and my old 635 all on the same grid, a sight I hope we see towards the end of this year.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 09:59 (Ref:1888861)   #1375
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the car after the Wakefield crash. Mr Morris was driving it like it wasnt his, which it wasnt. He stuck the nose in where it wasnt going to fit. The LHF guard was pushed onto the tyre. The front bar was bent as well as some damage to the grill and headlidht surround, also the fornt guard

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either