Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1708282)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ABC Raceway

The last few designs that I've done on paper haven't converted well enough in my opinion to graphics for posting on here, so I decided to revert back to something very strightforward.

For this circuit I took a back to basics approach, and went for a reasonably simple 8 corner 1.9 mile (3km) anti-clockwise circuit that could a top grade National circuit or possibly hold FIA International level events.

You can't get more basic than ABC which is where the unimaginative name came from.

S/F straight is on a continuous gentle climb, with T1 having a similar up hill gradient. T1 is a fairly open and slightly blind to single seaters, left hander, where a brave driver could overtake, if they have managed a slipstream up the straight. The Track crests at approximately the end of the gravel trap on the exit, giving a sharply down hill run into T2 a 90 degree left hander which is followed immediately by T3 which appears to be the slightest of right hand flicks but actually makes the T2/T3 combination into a chicane.
The terrain is level from T3 to the point at which the circuit splits. For most Car formulae T4 is a fast right hand flick that then climbs gently towards the open 90 degree left handed T5. For those car formulae that wish to use it, and for all Bike Formulae, the circuit continues beyond the split starting the climb into T4 a Right hand corner, which exits into T5 which for those users becomes what is in effect a 180 degree Left hander corner.
The Circuit sharply climbs from the exit of T5, cresting over the access road tunnel, before gently dropping through T6, The downhill into the braking zone, together with any possible slipstream make T6 an appealing looking overtaking spot, despite it being a relatively fast corner, ensuring plenty of action.
The downhill levels into a false flat for T7 an invitingly fast Right hander, before dropping down hill into the final corner, the T8 Hairpin.
I envision T8 to be similar to Knockhill’s final hairpin only run in the wrong direction, a downhill approach with a steep drop-off on the apex that levels briefly on exit before beginning to gently climb back up towards the S/F line.

As usual Comment, criticisms and Edits are Welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Basics.jpg  

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 11 Sep 2006 at 20:25.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1710481)   #2
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simple yet nice. For Touring cars?
Old 14 Sep 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1710499)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah Touring cars, national level F3, as I put in the blurb maybe stretching into WTCC or International F3. Might be a bit small but possibly a bit small but GT as well.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1710974)   #4
kivipallur92
Racer

Estonia
kivipallur92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the track will be better clockwise.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1711696)   #5
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too. It just looks like it should be going that way
Old 16 Sep 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1711841)   #6
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree also, I think it's a better track in a clockwise formation.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1713162)   #7
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea, clockwise would b better