Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Apr 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3064382)   #1
Firecracker TV
Rookie

Firecracker TV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Television Documentary - Le Mans 24 hour

Are you passionate about the Le Mans 24 hour?

Are you going to Le Mans this year (June 2012)?

Firecracker films is a leading UK based television and digital production company and we are currently producing an exciting documentary about the revolutionary Nissan Delta Wing, debuting at this years Le Mans 24 hour.

The Le Mans 24 hour is one of the most famous and exhilarating motor sports events in the world, the grueling endurance race attracts and inspires the imagination of racing fans all over the world and we want to capture that passion at this year’s event. We want real fans from all over the world to be a part of this film and whether it’s your first time or you make the pilgrimage every year, if you are fanatical about Le Mans we want to hear from you…

Please Contact Matt at Firecracker Films for more information on how you can be a part of this exciting documentary.

Email: lemans@firecrackerfilms.com

Tel: +44 (0) 207 349 3484

To find out more about the films we make please visit: www.firecrackerfilms.com

Last edited by MagnetON; 24 Apr 2012 at 07:37. Reason: This thread is pre-approved.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3064962)   #2
Firecracker TV
Rookie

Firecracker TV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Bentley03,

Thank you for replying to my thread and for your interest, I would be happy to give you more information.

We are looking to capture some of the atmosphere and passion of Le Mans through the experience of fans that attend, this content would form part of the overall film we are making about the Delta Wing and specifically its appearance at Le Mans this year.

Prior to Le Mans we want to find a variety of people and groups of all ages with different stories from all over the world. Perhaps they are coming from thousands of miles away, it's there 25th time or its their first time, whatever it is we want to hear from people.

But we would like them to film their story themselves as we want the stories to have a personal, not professional but genuine feel. We will advise the people who's stories we feature on how to film, how much material we need and where to upload it etc. It wouldn't require a huge commitment from the people involved.

What did you have in mind with regard to your suggestion to do something collectively? I am still very much interested in having people contact me directly if they are interested or would just like a bit more information.

Thank you,

Matt
Old 24 Apr 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3065004)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Matt, many thanks for your reply. That makes things much clearer.

We have forum members covering the entire spectrum of racegoers you describe, so hopefully, you will receive a very positive response from those who are not too camera shy!

There are 2 obvious opportunities for you to bag a group of 10Tenths members. Firstly, I organise a pit visit on the Friday each year, hosted by a manufacturer or one of the teams. So, there is a guaranteed presence of at least 20 forum members along the pit lane around lunchtime/early afternoon on the Friday of le Mans week. Secondly, we have a Saturday morning meeting which is hosted by our French forum members. It's the one opportunity we have each year to meet up with old friends and, in the case of newer members and Le Mans first timers, to put faces to names.

That said, these are events we all look forward to immensely, and I wouldn't want either to be dominated by the demands of a film crew and production team. We would need concensus amongst our members, but perhaps there's an opportunity to do something discretely.

James
Old 25 Apr 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3065333)   #4
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

Firstly, I organise a pit visit on the Friday each year, hosted by a manufacturer or one of the teams.

James
James,
Maybe there is an opportunity here for a Nissan Delta Wing pit visit!
Old 25 Apr 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3065356)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
James,
Maybe there is an opportunity here for a Nissan Delta Wing pit visit!
I was thinking similar. Seems like they still also need a third driver too
Old 25 Apr 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3065516)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I was thinking similar. Seems like they still also need a third driver too

Oh, alright then, if I must......

Old 25 Apr 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3065517)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are plenty of us who are used to videoing (in an entirely amateur fashion) at Le Mans. I have at least 7-8 videos I've shot since 1992. I'll be bringing my trusty old video and will be shooting some footage in any event. What I wouldn't want to do is to somehow lessen the Le Mans experience - which is very important to me - by having other filming or other duties unnecessarily interfering. Quite happy to be involved somehow, but as James said, it needs to be discrete and not overwhelming.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3066741)   #8
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't help you with any stories, having never been to Le Mans (although one of my Marshalling friends has been going for over 20 years), however if you are looking for crew, I'm currently available for work on filming projects!
Old 24 Apr 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3064795)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Matt (I assume it's you who started the thread?), could you perhaps elaborate a little on how you wish to involve sportscar fans attending Le Mans this year in the making of this documentary? I'm wondering if there's something 10Tenths members could do collectively for you at some point during Le Mans week? You may find an open exchange on here to be more productive than individuals emailing you seperately.

Guys, I have no idea how this thread might develop, but please keep your posts on topic. You know where to find the Delta Wing thread for general discussion about the project().

Thank you!