Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 May 2018, 23:14 (Ref:3820689)   #151
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This is gonna take some time. Le Mans is getting closer in the meantime....
Old 8 May 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3820700)   #152
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
This is gonna take some time. Le Mans is getting closer in the meantime....
Do they have enough tubs for so many cars crashed?
Old 8 May 2018, 00:26 (Ref:3820702)   #153
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
You would think that wouldn't be too much of an issue for a constructor the size of Dallara. Back in november of last year they were pretty confident more chassis could be produced:

Quote:
“Something we’re good at is making a lot of cars,” Pignacca said. “Realistically if we have to make 2 or 3 cars more, it’s not going to be a problem.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/d...etely-new-car/
Old 8 May 2018, 00:53 (Ref:3820705)   #154
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They might have to in fairly short order if both the cars crashed this weekend are write offs/not worth repairing.
Old 8 May 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3820791)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I hear already that the morning coffee break has been slashed to an hour and a half.....
Old 8 May 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3820834)   #156
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know im not a popular figure here so I hope its ok for me to ask this question. Do we know if the rescue team had to cut the A pillar of the Dragonspeed car to remove Pietro? If not it seems that it has actually broken on the left handside during the impact. Must have taken some force.
Old 8 May 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3820840)   #157
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Old 8 May 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3820841)   #158
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's been much speculation about what actually happened to Isaakyan's BR1 at Raidillon. I saw this elsewhere: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bigj492D...gianmotorsport
This seems to corroberate the comments on S365 and elsewhere that the car "did a CLR". That car is well off the ground. Isaakyan is a lucky, lucky boy.
Edit: I see that Sprinkles just beat me to it.
Old 8 May 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3820844)   #159
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
There was also the matter of the Ferrari that was slow on that part of the track at the same time, there were suggestions it was maybe involved with the accident of the BR1. But I have no idea if that's true.
Old 8 May 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3820846)   #160
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
There was also the matter of the Ferrari that was slow on that part of the track at the same time, there were suggestions it was maybe involved with the accident of the BR1. But I have no idea if that's true.
Has the driver made any public comments at this point? Same goes for the Dragonspeed car too. Would be nice to hear the drivers thoughts on this issues.
Old 8 May 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3820847)   #161
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was no damage to the Ferrari so it definitely didn't act as a ramp or anything.
The prototypes really do bounce around at Raidillon...
Old 8 May 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3820850)   #162
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it made a CLM or there was a clash with the Ferrari? That's the big question, because if there wasn't a clash, that's a big big problem.

EDIT: Two comments from users at S365

Quote:
- That was a very heavy departure! The vehicle rose very high and rolled over the longitudinal axis in the air. The driver had 1000 guardian angels.

- I saw that in person. Amazed that there is no footage of the incident.

Last edited by Damian Baldi; 8 May 2018 at 17:45.
Old 8 May 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3820855)   #163
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About the DragonSpeed car, in this video from a spectator, it's clear that the tube was cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2qr8_9E0-M

Old 8 May 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3820870)   #164
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
>320km/h have never been achieved by any recent lmp1 at the of kamell straight if memory serves me at the best.
Can't image extreme low drag dallara BR1 over 330km/h before indianapolis.
Old 8 May 2018, 20:24 (Ref:3820880)   #165
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
>320km/h have never been achieved by any recent lmp1 at the of kamell straight if memory serves me at the best.
3 cars did it in the speed trap, two of them in the race. I remember the feed showing the live speed of one of the Toyota's hitting 323kmh on the Kemmel straight before braking. 328kmh is really moving. They're going to be close to 360kmh at Le Mans imo!
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.jpg  
Old 8 May 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3820884)   #166
tomerswayler
Racer

tomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
About the DragonSpeed car, in this video from a spectator, it's clear that the tube was cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2qr8_9E0-M

The front crash structure seems almost undamaged. Weird that Fittipaldi broke his legs in this crash.
Old 8 May 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3820885)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is a shot now on Facebook of the BR1 flying, but for the life of me I can't find it now. Victor will know where it is.....
Old 8 May 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3820891)   #168
tomerswayler
Racer

tomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There is a shot now on Facebook of the BR1 flying, but for the life of me I can't find it now. Victor will know where it is.....
Go back one page in this thread and the pic magically appears
Old 8 May 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3820892)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomerswayler View Post
Go back one page in this thread and the pic magically appears
That's the one.

I was just making sure you were paying attention.

(Unlike me).
Old 8 May 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3820899)   #170
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
At least one Porsche did over 320km/h in 2015 as well.
Old 8 May 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3820900)   #171
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
The front crash structure seems almost undamaged. Weird that Fittipaldi broke his legs in this crash.
Yes, I thought the same. Maybe part of the front suspension went into the cockpit, or there was some movement of the seat or the safety belts.

There is some kind of secrecy about these accidents. I get surprised that Button will do the test tomorrow anyway.
Old 8 May 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3820901)   #172
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Thing is that there's definitely some questions that need answered, and the sooner, the better. All you have to do is look at Ayse's signature to see how fast things are counting down to Le Mans.
Old 8 May 2018, 22:56 (Ref:3820922)   #173
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There must be damage there that is hard to see from the angle. Any idea what caused the right front tire to turn brownish?
Old 8 May 2018, 22:57 (Ref:3820923)   #174
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I'm sure the TV crews have some footage of the SMP crash, but I'm also sure the FIA and ACO don't want us to see it, and they control the broadcast these days.

Quote:
That's the problem actually. Look how far back the yellow paint from the tire barrier goes on top of the car. I'm not really sure how that car stopped but it certainly wasn't according to plan.
Old 9 May 2018, 03:17 (Ref:3820947)   #175
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
There should be CCTV footage of the crash but I highly doubt it will come out.