Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Jul 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3436220)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSVR All Comers Race Snetterton 20th July

Just a quick note to thank all of those competitors who joined us for the MSVR All Comers races at Snetterton on Sunday.

Brilliant field of some 38 cars from all classes, including BMW's, MG's, various Caterhams, RAFMSA, classic Jags, Crossle's & Lotus's etc and great fun had by all, including ourselves in RC watching some fantastic close and very clean racing by everyone involved.

Terry
Old 21 Jul 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3436380)   #2
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Terry, not come across this format of race before from MSVR, could you please be kind enough to provide details as to how to enter them and are they having any more.
Thanks in advance Barry
Old 21 Jul 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3436384)   #3
Canute
Rookie

England
Essex
Canute should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSVR All Comers Race

I second that Terry, as the post chief at the 1st corner I had my pencil poised, ready for mayhem at the start of the 1st race, only to be pleasantly surprised by watching sensible drivers, taking notice of blue flags, and with battles all through the field.

Can we get them back to Snetterton again ?

Compared to some series I could mention you'd save a fortune on report pads !!
Old 21 Jul 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3436396)   #4
Marky
Racer

United Kingdom
,Kent
Marky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was great racing for some I think. Also great driving standards. I was the white caterham 93. I really enjoyed it and a great circuit.
Great diverse grid .
Does anyone know what photographers were there as would like some pics.
Mark
Old 21 Jul 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3436400)   #5
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by historic racer View Post
Hi Terry, not come across this format of race before from MSVR, could you please be kind enough to provide details as to how to enter them and are they having any more.
Thanks in advance Barry
Hi Barry, MSVR have run similar events previously at Snetterton for closed wheel sports / tin tops cars and we have also run an All Comers race for single seaters last year again with large grids including many of the Monoposto Club regulars and several other single seater entrants purely as non -series or championship status "fun event".

The driver's briefings feature specifically on this aspect and the need for the competitors to ensure excellent track manners and respect for each other competitor and their cars (ie no contact) and for aspects such as track limits, flags etc, as was extremely well demonstrated on Sunday as per Canute's previous post, despite the variety of cars, speed differentials and, with due respect, experience.

I understand that MSVR will have a few more similar events when timetables permit and there may be one at Silverstone perhaps. Certainly the feedback from those competitors present at the weekend is for more similar events,

For more information contact David Willey at MSVR at Brands - contact details are available via the MSVR website and I am sure he will keep you updated on these types of event.

Terry
Old 21 Jul 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3436416)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
It was great racing for some I think. Also great driving standards. I was the white caterham 93. I really enjoyed it and a great circuit.
Great diverse grid .
Does anyone know what photographers were there as would like some pics.
Mark
Mark, Congratulations on your two victories yesterday - glad you enjoyed the day.

Hopefully good value for everyone with the 20min Qualifying and the two 20min races on the same day.

Terry
Old 21 Jul 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3436429)   #7
Marky
Racer

United Kingdom
,Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Mark, Congratulations on your two victories yesterday - glad you enjoyed the day.

Hopefully good value for everyone with the 20min Qualifying and the two 20min races on the same day.

Terry
Yer was great day racing only my 3 and 4 race ever.
Yer deff good value wish they were all that price.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3436719)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post

Terry
Sounds what I have been advocating for a long time, I'm afraid these two day meeting formats have worn thin for me.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3436734)   #9
Marky
Racer

United Kingdom
,Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Sounds what I have been advocating for a long time, I'm afraid these two day meeting formats have worn thin for me.
That's why I'm not doing brands 7esque meeting at
Weekend because of that rather get it all done on 1 day
Old 22 Jul 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3436795)   #10
juliann
Rookie

juliann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSVR All Comers Race Snetterton 20th July

Thank you for your time & effort Terry, and the rest of the team . Glad the weather didn't follow us TTRS drivers down from Oulton !