Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3607401)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HSCC Autosport 3hr Meeting

HSCC event including the Autosport 3hr race
Old 4 May 2016, 12:42 (Ref:3638444)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please note that I (not FISCAR) am again running the Archie Scott Brown race for pre 1960 sports racing cars. I've sent out invitations but if there is anyone out there who thinks that they may have a suitable car who has not so far heard from me, please contact me via PM. I count myself fortunate that HSCC has given me a second chance to run this race as last year the entry list was low (albeit clashing then with the Le Mans Legends race). Last year it was won by Julian Majzub's fabulous Sadler chased home by two Lister Chevrolets.

This year the race is run on the same day (5th) as the Autosport 3 hour race, so a real feast of sports cars, that day.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 5 May 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3638918)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds a lovely grid, John. Am sure entries will be up on last year, as only serious clash is with Dijon Peter Auto meeting. Unfortunately I will miss the opportunity to spend a weekend at my home track as will be in La Belle France..... (Not a bad place to be, though! )

I see the 3hr is reverting to it's "Guards" status, therefore will include the Chevron B8s et al that have been missing (or had a separate race) for last couple of years.
Old 29 May 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3645438)   #4
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Snetterton 4th & 5th June.

I was looking forward to this meeting being local to me, but the entry is not looking good.

Auotsport 3 Hour is now 1 Hour with 16 entries.

Formula Juniors 10 entries. (all at Dijon may be)

Lots of combined grids, Historic Touring Cars & Allcomers Scratch Race, with
MGB's, E Type, Elan's and I hope this is a miss print a Royale Sports 2000.

The only grid that looks ok is Historic Formula Ford they get a third race, last race Sunday to fill out the programme.

HSCC have to work with the entry they get, but it must be difficult to cover there costs. I can see meeting like this being dropped from the calendar in years to come.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 29 May 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3645458)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, it's a real shame. The Scott Brown race is also low on entries albeit some interesting ones.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 29 May 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3645467)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Certainly disappointing amount of entries. I can see FJ have lost some to Dijon, but the Guards / Autosport numbers are hard to explain....

BTW I've added 'HSCC' to the thread title for clarity!
Old 29 May 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3645532)   #7
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton falls in a very busy part of the season for the HSCC. Silverstone, Snetterton, Cadwell and Brands are all within a 7 week period. Drivers who are paying for their racing out of their earnings struggle to pay two entry fees in one month. We (Historic FF2000) have lost a few who had problems at Silverstone and the same probably goes for other classes as well. Combine that with date clashes and tyre problems and it's all contributed to the low entry.
Old 29 May 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3645564)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
I was looking forward to this meeting being local to me, but the entry is not looking good.

Auotsport 3 Hour is now 1 Hour with 16 entries.

Formula Juniors 10 entries. (all at Dijon may be)

Lots of combined grids, Historic Touring Cars & Allcomers Scratch Race, with
MGB's, E Type, Elan's and I hope this is a miss print a Royale Sports 2000.

The only grid that looks ok is Historic Formula Ford they get a third race, last race Sunday to fill out the programme.

HSCC have to work with the entry they get, but it must be difficult to cover there costs. I can see meeting like this being dropped from the calendar in years to come.
Dont see the problem of having sports 2000 cars. .
Old 30 May 2016, 08:16 (Ref:3645738)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Just go back to the old regs for 3 hrs and let in B8's
Old 30 May 2016, 09:44 (Ref:3645754)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John, they were let in this year and two are running, but I know of at least one other that withdrew for the lack of new tyres.
Old 30 May 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3645884)   #11
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Dont see the problem of having sports 2000 cars. .
I agree. Being a natural pessimist, I never really expected the Allcomers grid to have their own grid. At least a Pinto S2000 car fits in nicely with the general feel of the meeting. It might be different story if someone had entered a Super Touring Mondeo or somesuch.
Old 31 May 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3646021)   #12
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree with earlier comment re: the sports 2000. Doesn't seem appropriate, most of the entry will be on CR65s, possibly some 70s cars on their 1b or whatever they are allowed and 1 racing car on slicks which means it will have completely different handling in the corners, braking much later and cornering considerably faster.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 06:16 (Ref:3646492)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well, Sam Stretton has had to pull the fabulous Nash Healey Le Mans from the Scott Brown with a blown head gasket but we have two late entries from Paul Griffin and Chris Mann in Connaught ALSR and Alfa Romeo Disco Volante respectively, both stunning cars. The cars on this grid are terrific but numerically, I am really disappointed, as I'm sure HSCC are.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3646568)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps just a general competitor cutback John.Certainly one of the best weekends on the calander which I always thought to be one of the most popular.Such a shame for an event like this to be undersubscribed.
Currently doing Grantourismo Track Day on the Ring-more cars than a busy TF day!!Macs,Lambos,Ferraries,you name it.These come from all over europe,but only ONE UK car here!!
Something very odd for Grantourismo days
Old 3 Jun 2016, 06:31 (Ref:3646744)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yep, Terence, it's at the end of a very active part of the season for historics and at least 7 of the cars I invited, or their owner/drivers are either in the Cento Ore Rally in Italy or at Dijon. Still I invited around 80 cars, so the take up rate has been poor.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3648491)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Brief footage of the ASAB race at Snetterton on Sunday, sent to me by Marcus Bicknell:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_saT...ature=youtu.be
Old 20 Jun 2016, 09:10 (Ref:3653773)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
A few I managed to snatch between my ASB involvement:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0437SSJT.jpg   IMG_0439SSJT.jpg   IMG_0453SSJT.jpg  

IMG_0458SSJT.jpg   IMG_0460SSJT.jpg   IMG_0461SSJT.jpg  

Old 21 Jun 2016, 11:35 (Ref:3654136)   #18
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John - great to see some of your pics again, always very good. Not a big entry in saloons, but I had a splendid weekend, picking up only my 2nd ever podium in a race where all classes were present, then followed it with another in race 2 in which I also managed to lead for over a lap after a great start!
Cheers - Simon
Old 22 Jun 2016, 06:17 (Ref:3654367)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Thanks Simon and sounds like a good day for you. Just a shame that some of the grids, including mine, were low.
Old 1 Jul 2016, 08:48 (Ref:3656086)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
ASB Race report, results and loads of great photos from Richard Styles here:-

http://fiscar.org/the-archie-scott-brown-trophy-2016/