Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 May 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3408354)   #1
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bike Racing Rule Sets

Hi All

I imagine this going to be a fairly wide spread thread, so let’s see how it goes. Recently I have been asking on various areas of the forum, about the technical regulations of individual championships. The category I haven’t asked about is Motor Bike Racing; I literally mean every series with two wheels.
I am not so worried about specifics, more about the regulations in terms of the relationship between the road and race version and how this varies for different rule sets. I do not imagine one person will be able to ask all of these questions.
Firstly, what is the difference between Superbike and Supersport classes? How do they compare to the Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP rule sets?
Secondly, what are the regulations in Motocross? I keep hearing terms like “MX1” and “MX2” but what makes each championship distinct and unique?
Thirdly, what are the rule sets of Rally Raids like the DAKAR? Are there individual rule sets among each class, or is it as simple as one for “Bikes” and one for “Quads” etc etc?
What sorts of costs are there for each of the series above and is cost cutting something that is important in this aspect of Motor Sport?
Thanks
Old 20 May 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3408357)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jeez man, proably better to take each one individually.

Superbike and Supersport are basically road based bikes. Frame, engine, bodywork has to be based ont he road bike. But you can tune engines, change suspension internals, uprate brakes, fit electroncis that arent standard.

Superbikes run slick tyres, Supersport run road based tyres, though they are basically slicks with a very thin tread pattern.