Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Dec 2000, 16:47 (Ref:51066)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Guys,

I am currently deciding on where I want to head with my future in motorsport. I have been deciding whether to pursue with Saloon Cars or move into open wheelers. Recently there have been many attractive offers to go into Australian Formula 3. I am currently weighing it up as Cars and spares are cheap but I need to know what running costs are. I mean to run an Improved Production Car for a State Season is around $20 000 to run a GTP car for a National Season is around $55 000 But I have no idea of what it costs to run an Australian Formula 3. I know I can pick up level 1 cars for around $40 000 including full spare packages and around 13 wheels or more. I need to know prices of tyres, wings, wishbones, engines, Gearboxes etc
If I wanted to run a Class A GTP I would be looking at over $50 000 to buy and that is a season or two old car.

Any info would be really appreciated,

Thanks

Cameron Duncan
Old 4 Dec 2000, 17:24 (Ref:51068)   #2
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Firstly, I had no idea Australia had an F3 series. But, if they run current cars (Dallaras & Ralts) you're looking at $150,000 (US$) just for the chassis...

I'd e-mail Francesca and he'd might give you a lead on a good used F3 car. She has contacts with teams in England...
Old 4 Dec 2000, 18:40 (Ref:51074)   #3
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fiorentina, yes we have a fledgling Formula 3 class, this year we have finally been allowed by our governing body to run international Formula 3 cars. Currently there are level 2 cars available with full spares packages for around $35 000 and I think the shell is a Dallara. Formula 3 is looking to take off in Australia and I want to be on the first wave. Already our championship winners get a free test with a leading European Formula 3 team. Although there may be 10 other people lining up on the same day, the chance to strut your stuff on the world stage is very exciting. Thanks for your comments, and i will definitely get in touch with Francesca and see what is happening with old shells