Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jul 2001, 21:41 (Ref:114985)   #1
Pole-Position
Rookie

Pole-Position should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fia GT needs This!

It seems to me that the FIA GT Series needs a sudden influx of newer cars in order to keep the series from spiraling down and following the same route it has done twice already. Now is the time for the FIA to attract new cars by giving them some space to develop there cars and not force them out of a race or the entire series.

Altough the series seems to be healthy at the moment, the FIA realy can't doesn't expect the Vipers to be able to carry the championship.
The Chevrolet Corvette should become available to customers as soon as possible and so to should be the TVR Speed 12 and Tuscan-R for the GT and N-GT classes respectively. The field maximum should be set higher to get a lot more interesting cars. and i also applaude the descision not to let the new supercars in like the Saleen S-7 and the new porsche.

Your comments please...
Old 9 Jul 2001, 22:10 (Ref:115001)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well don't expect to much.

Those in charge seem to want sports cars to die a death. Every time a series starts to take off it is stopped in case it gets near to F1. The BPR series was a classic example. The only people to stand and fight were the ACO and they seem to have won.

It would be great to see many more cars as there are quite a few available at the moment. They could of course ballast the Saleem to slow it a bit or create rules to favour production cars

Simon
Old 11 Jul 2001, 23:39 (Ref:115906)   #3
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

personnally , I want to see some of the cars in the Japanise championship in the FIA. I was watching the race from Sepang and they have Mclaren , Skylines , NSX and Supras.We want them over here!