Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:46 (Ref:2763913)   #1
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam to the US

As reported elsewhere Liam is taking the KHM C4 to last remaining rounds of the American Rallycross series
Old 24 Sep 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2764067)   #2
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Citroen in the USA?
I can imagine all of the specators asking what car is it. (To the casual spectator I mean.)

Being serious, at least it's nice to see cars other then Evo's, Impreza's, MK1 Focus's and MK7 Fiesta's.

Common european cars in a country that they are quite rare in.

(Does Mad Mark have any plans?)
Old 24 Sep 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2764187)   #3
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a top notch for BRITISH RALLYCROSS,well done Liam.

BB....
Old 28 Sep 2010, 06:53 (Ref:2765868)   #4
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
A Citroen in the USA?
I can imagine all of the specators asking what car is it. (To the casual spectator I mean.)

Being serious, at least it's nice to see cars other then Evo's, Impreza's, MK1 Focus's and MK7 Fiesta's.

Common european cars in a country that they are quite rare in.

(Does Mad Mark have any plans?)
You know would have loved to be one of the first to be out there but we are struggling with budgets like most uk competitors it is getting tight now !
And the rich people in the sport are pushing beyond the reaches of working people who strive everyday to afford to do it !
Old 29 Sep 2010, 04:48 (Ref:2766418)   #5
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
You know would have loved to be one of the first to be out there but we are struggling with budgets like most uk competitors it is getting tight now !
And the rich people in the sport are pushing beyond the reaches of working people who strive everyday to afford to do it !
Money will always be a factor, but it would be so sad if it takes over from talent as the key ingredient needed to win
Old 2 Oct 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2768000)   #6
acer
Rookie

acer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found this radio interview with Liam on one of the american radio stations

http://www.racefanradio.com/flash/Dy...amicPlayer.swf

Click on 'Tech House and Speed (radio)'

Go along the bottom to the fourth interview
Old 2 Oct 2010, 02:41 (Ref:2768022)   #7
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the interwiev with Liam Doran there is also an interwiev with Rhys Millen.

Unlike Liam he knows how to promote the car and the team. Liam do not mention Citroen or KHM at all. In fact he calls the KHM engineers HIS crew?!?
Old 2 Oct 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2768092)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Which non-American (not only rallycross drivers) knows how to promote sponsors and series? There aren't many.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2768110)   #9
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
After the interwiev with Liam Doran there is also an interwiev with Rhys Millen.

Unlike Liam he knows how to promote the car and the team. Liam do not mention Citroen or KHM at all. In fact he calls the KHM engineers HIS crew?!?
Like I said previously Citroëns aren't sold in the USA, so for Joe Common to hear I'm driving a Citroën C4, he wouldn't know what car it is (He might do). It's like entering a Saturn Aura in the BTCC. To car fans, they might know what it is, but for the regular British guy he wouldn't know what it is.

Sure if Rallycar expanded on Rallycross and looked to have a joint thing with the European Rallycross Championship, then things might be different. Intercontinental Rallycross Cup anyone?
Old 2 Oct 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2768139)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Which non-American (not only rallycross drivers) knows how to promote sponsors and series? There aren't many.
Exactly. I've never heard Button say "the Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes guy were amazing in the pits", or Loeb say "the Total team picked the right Michelin tires for these stages".

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Sure if Rallycar expanded on Rallycross and looked to have a joint thing with the European Rallycross Championship, then things might be different. Intercontinental Rallycross Cup anyone?
IRX is too close to IRC. How about Rallycross World Cup (RXW).
Old 2 Oct 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2768142)   #11
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post

I think you're being harsh here. Is Liam sponsored by Citroën or KHM? He should mention his sponsors, but if they are not his sponsors??
And the KHM engineers are HIS crew. It's the same as, let's say, Lewis Hamilton when he talks about his team.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2768240)   #12
rodus-maxus
Rookie

United Kingdom
in the mids
rodus-maxus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People make me laugh, ive listen to the interview and at no point does he really have chance to mention anything. Main thing i get from the interview is a person passionate about his sport.

Thing that makes me laugh most is all i ever hear is downers about liam, has no one realise yet liam is holding rallycross in his left hand at the minute, if he does win in america and america goes wild for rallycross just think what it could bring to the sport in general.

So how about we all get off our soap boxes and keyboard fighting warrior talk. Yes he can drive, yes he has a temper and yes he has one of the best cars but so did someone else that was and became the biggest name in the sport of years ago, Martin..................

I say good luck liam, show them what real rallycross is
Old 2 Oct 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2768324)   #13
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Looks like Liam's doing what he does best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
IRX is too close to IRC. How about Rallycross World Cup (RXW).
Not so sure. I've kind of gone back on the idea of a Rallycross WC. I think using the term "Intercontinental" makes better sense as -Not to say there will not be- Rallycross is only really active in Europe and the Americas right now and to use the term "World" would mean that the sport is active in other continents. However I can see where you are coming from with IRX being too close to IRC.

What about XIL; Rallycross Intercontinental League?

Maybe Liam's endeavour might kick start some thing good between the two continents in reguards to Rallycross. We can help them with tradition and they can help us with new blood. Both can go hand in hand.
Old 3 Oct 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2768563)   #14
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV6BZ...yer_embedded#!
Old 3 Oct 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2768583)   #15
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Videos and Pics
Old 3 Oct 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2768691)   #16
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Exactly. I've never heard Button say "the Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes guy were amazing in the pits", or Loeb say "the Total team picked the right Michelin tires for these stages"
Team Airwaves in the BTCC do it well

''we really kicked up a gear this weekend with the team airwaves bmw.''
Old 3 Oct 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2768697)   #17
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Liam's got engine issues.

Damn .
Old 3 Oct 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2768754)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I read the Rally America site right Liam just won the B Final, so I assume they got a new engine fitted in time - fingers crossed the car lasts the A Final!
Old 3 Oct 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2768775)   #19
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3rd in the A final