Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jul 2002, 22:21 (Ref:332208)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kane to race an R8!

MG works driver Johnny Kane could drive a second Champion Audi R8 (the 2000 spec car) later in the ALMS seaon. Dave Maraj wants to give a couple of younger guys a go. Look out for the second car at Laguna Seca and maybe more rounds.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 22:26 (Ref:332211)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very cool! Go Dave M! (Get Max Papis while you're at it...)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 11 Jul 2002, 22:45 (Ref:332227)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hope the deal comes off Johnny, I have been really impressed with his performances at both Sebring and Le Mans for MG. I think he may have a big future in Sportscars.
Old 14 Jul 2002, 19:35 (Ref:333776)   #4
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Hope the deal comes off Johnny, I have been really impressed with his performances at both Sebring and Le Mans for MG. I think he may have a big future in Sportscars.
I think and hope he has a big future in Sportsacars too, Kane looked like a really promising driver in single seaters up until British F3, only to go to F3000, F3000 spoiled his career IMO, And I think it's threatening to screw Justin Wilson's career too, On the Subject of Justin Wilson, does anyne know whether Justin has any more Sportscar appearances lined up? because after his strong showing at Sebring aboard the Ascari, I hoped he would have a seat with them at Le Mans.
Old 14 Jul 2002, 19:48 (Ref:333784)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER
And I think it's threatening to screw Justin Wilson's career too, On the Subject of Justin Wilson, does anyne know whether Justin has any more Sportscar appearances lined up? because after his strong showing at Sebring aboard the Ascari, I hoped he would have a seat with them at Le Mans.
Agreed, I think Justin is wasting his time in the Dallara Nissan World Series, but that is a topic for another forum

But as for see him in a sportscars again, I hope so, he had a good run to 6th at Sebring, and if memory serves, I think he was the fastest on the track at one point, but I am not sure on that. I think he would have race at Le Mans this year had Ascari had 2 car instead of just the 1. Shame some should snap him up now. Champion Audi alongside Kane ????
Old 14 Jul 2002, 20:29 (Ref:333812)   #6
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is highly likely that Champion will campaign two Audi R8 in the 2003 ALMS season.
Old 24 Jul 2002, 12:04 (Ref:341506)   #7
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
It is highly likely that Champion will campaign two Audi R8 in the 2003 ALMS season.
We hope so....