Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jul 2002, 16:47 (Ref:338949)   #1
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British GT's at rockingham

wow, what a race. The Lister and TVR both did synchronised stalling at the beginning of the warm up lap, but the TVR needeed Marshall assistance and gained a drive through penalty. The No.7 saleen starting from pole led all the way through to win, The TVR foughrt back and finished fourth overall, third in gt. In GTO the ferrari won after the Tuscan of Shorty, Pullan had a problem at the begining and followed the speed 12 through the field, unfourtunately like the speed 12 the tyres went off towards the end and it lost out to the sudgen on the porsche in the last five minutes. The lister didnt even make it to 20 minutes. Most suprising was the two ultimas that finished 6th and 7th, i think. Heres hoping for a Speed 12 win in snetterton and the restrictor returning to the saleen
Old 21 Jul 2002, 19:17 (Ref:339032)   #2
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent race, were you there?

The Lister did not stall, David meerly stopped as to overtake on the green flag lap is frowned upon, when it was clear that the TVR had stalled he moved off. As for Marshal assistance, the team went out to it, no marshal did. Rob then took his place back in the pack, and had to come in for a Stop/Go not a drive through.

The Short/Pullan Tuscan was judged to have jumped the start, a bad call in my wiew and was also given a Stop/Go.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 22:52 (Ref:339195)   #3
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Sadly Simon confirms that he did (just) jump the start.

His recovery drive after the penalty though was excellent.

A really excellent race again - If only the eclipse car could finish as well as it starts!!!
Old 22 Jul 2002, 12:51 (Ref:339585)   #4
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there and I saw the marshals pushing the TVR off the start line, Rob was gutted but with the handling problems Michael was having I don't think they would have challenged for 2nd place. I love watching the GT's but it all became a little boring towards the end, there were a couple of battles in the GTO field but that was about it. Fingers crossed that the TVR does ok at Oulton and Snetterton.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 13:04 (Ref:339604)   #5
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Claire, were you marshaling? if so what post were you on? and are you going to any others?

I was stood on the Turn4 end of the pit wall, but didn't see the marshal's go out but did see 2 team members with a battery. I assumed, something I know I shouldn't do, still a damn fine race for Calum and Jamie and a great recovery by Simon and Martin.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 14:18 (Ref:339680)   #6
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Jason, I was spectating this weekend, I am good friends with Michael so when he races I watch then I can go and annoy him to my hearts content!! The team were there but our colleagues were a lot quicker than the team on this occasion.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 16:36 (Ref:339791)   #7
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
actually ive got a damn good picture of four marshalls pushing the TVR. (unless that is the TVR crew have changed to orange and i was wearing the old team shirt?) Also standing right next to the start in the pits i definitely heard the lister start up moments before the TVR. Wierd hey?
Old 22 Jul 2002, 19:09 (Ref:339919)   #8
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame the Stealth wasn't very fast.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 22:04 (Ref:340126)   #9
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TVRfan
actually ive got a damn good picture of four marshalls pushing the TVR. (unless that is the TVR crew have changed to orange and i was wearing the old team shirt?) Also standing right next to the start in the pits i definitely heard the lister start up moments before the TVR. Wierd hey?
Already said that i hadn't seen the marshal's go to the car. Dave Warnock kept the engine running for sometime in the 5 minutes brfore the start, switched off and then restarted for the green flag.

Btw, going to any other rounds?
Old 22 Jul 2002, 22:27 (Ref:340150)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Shame the Stealth wasn't very fast.
It was once Neil Cunningham got into it!
Old 23 Jul 2002, 07:24 (Ref:340333)   #11
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trust an Aussie to get the job done.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 17:49 (Ref:340916)   #12
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
yeah am going to the snetterton and donnington rounds for sure and hopefully oulton park aswell. Hoping to see the TVR win at Snetterton (but then aren't i always?)