Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jul 2002, 02:16 (Ref:339261)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Dindo Capello Lost the Plot?

In the last ALMS race Mr. Capello drove like someone who had lost his way -- black flagged twice and off the track more than an IRL driver. Today he continued this run of inexplicable nonsense, culminating in the seriously optimistic attempt to pass the Champion Audi that led to both cars being temporarily halted in the middle of the track and the meat of a Panoz Sandwich. Thereafter I think we did not see Mr. Capello return to the No. 2 Yellow Audi for the balance of the race.

Does anyone have a theory as to what ails Mr. Capello? Is he auditioning for a drive in the BTCC or what?
Old 22 Jul 2002, 03:11 (Ref:339287)   #2
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree with you Liz. There has to be something wrong.I've been a big fan of his since he came on the scene. He was always fast and smooth and not prone to mistakes. But these days I just scratch my head and say what was he thinking? I sure hope he figures it out soon as I'm losing my faith in him. Maybe all this talk of Kristensen being the best driver out there is getting to him or maybe he's trying to do his best at being the #2 driver in the #2 car?
Old 22 Jul 2002, 21:31 (Ref:340098)   #3
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He probably wants to be champion. In 2000 he had less points than McNish so didn't get to be champion and they lost out last year to Pirro. This looks like to be his last chance with Audi going and he wants to prove he is as good as his team mates.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 00:23 (Ref:340222)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he has skill, but maybe Kristensen's talent is leaving him a bit overshadowed. TK seems to be the man to capture pole, run the fastest lap and consistently leave his teammate in a great position to just be consistent to win. Capello may be feeling like just another #2 driver. The feeling in the team may be that just about any other LMP driver and half of the GTS drivers could fill his seat and do better and this may be preying on him and driving him to make ridiculous mistakes and unforgiveable errors.
Never forget #99
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:15 (Ref:340667)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KC
Capello may be feeling like just another #2 driver.
This may sound harsh but - isn't he?
Old 23 Jul 2002, 13:23 (Ref:340681)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year everyone talked him up, as he was the heir apparent to Allan McNish. It's become apparent that TK is the true heir to AM's crown.

Speaking of which...

I wonder if, with the current rumours in F1, Capello will be watching come Mosport...

Last edited by paul-collins; 23 Jul 2002 at 13:24.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Jul 2002, 16:54 (Ref:340845)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching what? Watching F1? If he does, he'll be the only one.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 16:55 (Ref:340849)   #8
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I think there is no need for an heir to Allan's crown as I suspect he will be back next year
Old 23 Jul 2002, 17:34 (Ref:340884)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mal, I think it'll be sooner than that.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Jul 2002, 19:09 (Ref:340994)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Mal, I think it'll be sooner than that.
Why is that? I don't follow F1 on a daily basis anymore - oh alright, I don't follow it at all anymore - I don't know the latest rumours. Do you think he'll get fired?
Old 23 Jul 2002, 20:34 (Ref:341089)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
HHF is rumoured to be on his way to Toyota at Allan's expense by as soon as this week. I hope for Allan's sake it remains a rumour (it is silly season, after all) but wouldn't mind seeing Allan in 3.5 weeks time...

-Bill James
Old 23 Jul 2002, 21:24 (Ref:341137)   #12
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The report on F1 live is clearly speculation and is not carried on any other site. I hope it is not true as I think Allan has justified his seat - certainly in the race, if not in qualifying. But I would love to see hm back in sportscars next year, and I would love to be chearing him to victory at 4pm on the second Sunday in June in a Bentley.