Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 May 2004, 20:29 (Ref:962864)   #326
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenw
umm..I think JPM is the one who needs to 'get over it'.
Easy to say that isn't it..... as a Michael fan

My point is, JPM made a comment, some agree with it, others (the majority) don't. He's not the first driver to make claims, he won't be the last. Michael has done the same in the past, as has proberbly every other driver.

Would this thread have reached 13/14 pages if it was Baumgartner saying something about Pantano? I don't think so!

To be perfectly honest, i can't see how this thread has managed to stay open so long! 13/14 pages of people repeating themselves over and over again (inc myself )

Maybe it's time for a friendly mod to put a lock on it?
Old 6 May 2004, 20:42 (Ref:962876)   #327
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe we should dedicate this thread to Sato San?

I still can't quite fathom why people make such a huge deal over what JPM said in a press conference. I don't accept that he's "losing credibility fast" - the only way an F1 driver gains or loses credibility is through what he does on the track.

He had a sulk, he spat his dummy out. Big deal. As Mr V points out, even Michael's done that in the past.

To take this whole thing back to the question in the thread title, no-one was to blame. It was an incident borne out of two out and out racers fighting for position. One won, one lost. It usually turns out that way, but let's just thank God (or Bernie) that at least two of them have the ability and the guts to have a go.

End of story.

I thankyou.

Someone please, either lock this thread or kill me now...
Old 6 May 2004, 20:45 (Ref:962879)   #328
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i think i will kill you garcon *BANG BANG*!!!

hey but thats whats so great about JPM/MS threads.... the 2 most popular drivers on this forum and a clash like that will always bring out the fans with their opinions... although the incident hardly lasted 10 secs on the track we have had 327 replies to the thread ! UNBELIEVEABLE
Old 6 May 2004, 22:10 (Ref:962937)   #329
Stephenw
Rookie

Stephenw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hardly 'making a comment' to bring up a race from last season in a press conference...and to now carry the tanrtum into yet another weekend is anything but normal...

You can try to pretend that this is all par for the course, but it's clearly not.

But fine, won't be long before JPM does throws another tantrum and then we can start a new thread...

:lol:
Old 7 May 2004, 01:23 (Ref:963007)   #330
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Someone please, either lock this thread or kill me now...
Hmmm, do I really get the choice?

I do agree all that can be said, has been said. As is the usual case, most have expressed their opinion and departed, with only the usual suspects remaining to 'convince' the other side they are wrong. AS always it is futile.

Parting comment - whatever side your on, I think we can all agree that 2 drivers like this having a go is far more interesting than a prosession

Tags
jpm