Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Dec 2009, 03:05 (Ref:2593201)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
To my knowledge, they charge to update on the FIFA games.
No they don't.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2593248)   #27
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You sure?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2593293)   #28
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh i'm 100% sure mate - they do. I've got the game

http://www.theplaystationetwork.com/...time-it-costs/

Selby

Last edited by ECW Dan Selby; 3 Dec 2009 at 09:52.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2593410)   #29
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy the Wii version of the game. I am not in the least interested in Playstation or Xbox simply because I am more entertained by playability rather than superficial images.

The Wii game is perfect simply because it is uncomplicated and intuitive and doesn't go for high gloss with little substance.

PS3 is the Abu Dhabi of the games world, gloss, glitz, pretty lights and no entertainment at all.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2593594)   #30
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For a start Codemasters will have to add the new teams & Drivers in for this game and also waiting on a full F1 Calendar with the tracks we be using on either X-box 360 or Ps3 (I have both consoles)
Old 3 Dec 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2593631)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeh i'm 100% sure mate - they do. I've got the game

http://www.theplaystationetwork.com/...time-it-costs/

Selby
No that's the live season. That you do have to pay for. And I have to say anyone who does is a retard. It is a stupid game mode!

What I meant was the team rosters and suchlike, transfers and the odd kit update. Those are all done free.

As such I think similar would happen for an F1 game. But to be honest, there ain't much that will change over the real life season anyways.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2593854)   #32
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Ahh sorry little cross wires, there!

Yeh it'd be nice to get some of the changes to the body of the car, any little winglets that are bound to appear. Also, any sponsors that come and go (Brawn, anyone?).

Plus, there's bound to be a few driver changes.

Selby
Old 5 Dec 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2594416)   #33
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To my knowledge, they charge to update on the FIFA games.

And no, I still don't think there is a release date as of yet. I'm guessing they're just waiting until the cars are released, so they can then update their models.

Selby
They don't.

Not the January transfer update, I brought the 09 FIFA in March this season and it immediately updated the squad lists for free. I haven't tried FIFA 10 yet, but of course the Jan transfer window hasn't yet happened.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2594437)   #34
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey29 View Post
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy the Wii version of the game. I am not in the least interested in Playstation or Xbox simply because I am more entertained by playability rather than superficial images.

The Wii game is perfect simply because it is uncomplicated and intuitive and doesn't go for high gloss with little substance.

PS3 is the Abu Dhabi of the games world, gloss, glitz, pretty lights and no entertainment at all.
Haha! The Wii....has high playability! That's a good one, did you take that from a comedian? Usually when I hear the words "Wii" and "playability" in the same sentence that sentence is "The Wii has rubbish playability because the hardware is outdated and the motion controls are nothing more than a gimmick that doesn't function properly".

Anyway, sorry got a little off track there. Have any of you bee over to the F1 game forums at the Codies website? There's some interesting stuff there, lot's of discussions about what should be included in the game, how cars should handle, how simulation-y it should be etc etc. I must say I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal with things like rubber build up. The only trouble is if the game makes it too easy to get off-line and out brake into corners (which they are likely to do for the 'fun' factor) then you're going to notice subtle things like that much less.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2596656)   #35
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Just thought i'd post this:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...reverse_order=

It's an image of someone from Codemasters at the recent Jerez test, with a large microphone. Could be an indication of audio recording for the new game, perhaps?

Selby
Old 9 Dec 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2596698)   #36
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost certainly! Good find
Old 11 Dec 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2597876)   #37
Helios_CM
Rookie

Helios_CM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just thought i'd post this:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...reverse_order=

It's an image of someone from Codemasters at the recent Jerez test, with a large microphone. Could be an indication of audio recording for the new game, perhaps?

Selby
Good find

That's a member of our sound team!
Old 13 Dec 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2598940)   #38
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Care to share any more, sir?

Selby
Old 27 Dec 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2605356)   #39
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Played F1 2009 for the Wii yesterday. Not brilliant, but still enjoyable none the less

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 28 Dec 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2605640)   #40
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aye, remember guys don't read anything into the Wii ones.
The xbox and PS3 version should be a cracker if what's been discussed about it is true.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2605641)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Wii version is good.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2605825)   #42
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tis, tis
Old 3 Jan 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2607736)   #43
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Wii version is better than I expected, just takes some getting used to.
Old 4 Jan 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2607935)   #44
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprobane View Post
The Wii version is better than I expected, just takes some getting used to.
That's the problem I have with the Wii - the controls always "take some getting used to". Or as I prefer to put it - the controls are vague as ****

I can't play anything "serious" on the Wii, it's purely for silly games. (I'll admit this is probably as much to do with my utter lack of talent as anything else)
Old 4 Jan 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2607954)   #45
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll meet you halfway, Bert.
It's a combination of both
Old 4 Jan 2010, 13:07 (Ref:2607971)   #46
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Ohhhh I wish Mr Helios would follow this up

Selby
Old 8 Jan 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2609997)   #47
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I can now drive fairly consistent laps around most of the tracks on the Wii and I'm starting to quite like using the wiimote, it's definitely more fun than just using a normal controller.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2610075)   #48
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, it's good fun. The game is good.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2610692)   #49
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 2009 wii - I've got the hang of it now, ive started to get some decent laps in, without steering or brake assist.

Shame it doesnt have an online option.

Maybe we could start another thread and have a fastest lap competition?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2611594)   #50
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I'm gutted about this. I have a PS3 and XBOX 360 (just bought it to play COD/Forza), and I really shouldn't buy a Wii to play this lol!

Annoying thing is, my mate's dad has one but I think he feels a lil reluctant about letting me borrow it for a couple of days because it's not his, it's specifically his dad's.

Selby