Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jul 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1355821)   #3426
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's very close to the mark Spud.
My best is a 26.80 in the Brab and Gil's done a 26.93 in the Cooper.

You'll find some extra time with a few more laps, if you can get down to a 27.0 or even the 26s (which I'm sure you can) then you can expect to be up for a podium at least
Old 14 Jul 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1355832)   #3427
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic! I'd never driven the place until tonight.... I don't think I've ever been that close to the mark straight out of the box! And I think there's a few places I can find more time.

I didn't have a setup for Cadwell, so I was just trying out the Lotus ones I had collected for the other circuits over time. The first few laps I did I thought I was going to hate the place, but as the hour went on I started to enjoy it more and then I sorted the setup. It turns out that my GH2 Monaco one works beautifully. The car is nice and stable, no oversteer, the front turns in nicely and the gear ratios are absolutely spot on!
Old 18 Jul 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1357579)   #3428
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
finally negative on all papy tracks .. got a succesion of negative nurb laps .. 8m21.6 then 8m19.8 .. got negative Monaco and Rouen too .. i'm now at -12

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Jul 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1357595)   #3429
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done Dani!

Unfortunately a negative nurby lap has eluded me. I've come close but never quite managed it. I'm very happy for you, but that that is also tinged with a hint of resentment.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1357685)   #3430
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
should not .. i'll never ever ever get anyway close to your Monaco PB ..
i hate Monaco ..

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Jul 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1357690)   #3431
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Dani
Well under the benchmark too.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1357724)   #3432
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am so slow at Cadwell. I was recommended (somwhere) to use a Crystal Palace set up. Certain feels OK on gearing, its just that last left right hairpin that I get wrong every time..... And I can't race the AI - they're ridiculously slow - 1m41s.....

And well done from me too Dani.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1357739)   #3433
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
left right hairpin?
Old 18 Jul 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1357789)   #3434
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Ayse, I'm using a Monaco setup for Cadwell. It works a treat.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1357831)   #3435
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I can't help but think a Monaco setup isn't quite the right ticket...
The gearing might be fine, but it won't react nicely to direction changes since Monaco has only really one place you need to go from one corner directly into another in the opposite direction. Cadwell has several places on the other hand, T1 into 2, the Gooseneck (turns 6 and 7), the Mountain (turns 9 and 10) and the Hall Bends following that.
On that basis, a Crystal Palace setup seems a little better IMO.

EDIT:
Thread Locked.
New thread here
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...93#post1359993

Last edited by pirenzo; 21 Jul 2005 at 11:08.
Closed Thread