Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Old 20 Jul 2000, 17:30 (Ref:24392)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

For those of you who are interested, I currently have an article over on the main page of Atlas F1 (www.atlasf1.com) about the late great Grand Prix/sports car driver, Masten Gregory. It is titled, "The Lives and Times of Masten Gregory." Masten was a very underrated driving talent and a real character.

Yeah, I know that this is a competing site but I was offered the opportunity to have the article published there before I even had written the article. I was thinking out loud about writing such an article on a post over there and the invitation was extended, so I accepted. So I hope the great people at ten-tenths aren't mad. I have another article that I am thinking about writing which would be better suited for this total motorsport site.
Old 20 Jul 2000, 20:06 (Ref:24423)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admit Michael, that's a great article.
And we're looking forward to what you are going to write for 10 Tenths.

Masten Gregory, I've seen him race 4 times here at Zandvoort.
Well, actually 3 times because in 1960 he wasn't allowed to start because I believe his team Scuderia Centro Sud forgot to pay the entry money.
I was also there in 1959 when he made it to the podium for the second time in only 10 races.
I noticed when he stepped down from it, he asked one of the mechanics for a cigarette.
And that's the way I remember him these days, a little shy and always a cigarette in his mouth.
Although not many people may know who he was, I think he was one of the real racers of that decade.
Someone with real speed.

Old 22 Jul 2000, 16:14 (Ref:24799)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Gerard!

From my standpoint, I consider you very lucky to have actually seen Masten race in his prime. He was a very unique character and an underrated driving talent. Thanks for sharing your memories of him with me.
Old 22 Jul 2000, 16:47 (Ref:24802)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
No problem Joe (I mean Michael!) Here's a direct link for our more impatient users:

http://www.atlasf1.com/2000/aut/cox.html

Look forward to having you contribute to Parc Ferme Magazine...
Old 26 Jul 2000, 01:38 (Ref:25677)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great article, I have to say I've largely ignored Gregory's contributions-thanks for the insight.