Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 11 Feb 2003, 15:47 (Ref:503445)   #26
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

No!:confused:
Old 11 Feb 2003, 15:51 (Ref:503447)   #27
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyway, something wierd has happened. In GPL, everything is happenning at superspeed, the gear changes are quicker than a modern F1 car, i'm worried something seriously sinister is happenning.

It's like the game is on fast forward, and i don't like it one bit, it's like playing wipeout.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 16:55 (Ref:503497)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pirenzo - have you installed the CPU speedfix?

®îjñtjûh - just delete your Cooper folder and substitute it with the one which you backed up before trying to install the new Cooper......

You did back up, didn't you.........?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 17:04 (Ref:503505)   #29
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
You did back up, didn't you.........?

Yeah i uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it's working perfectly now.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 17:12 (Ref:503517)   #30
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
No, but at any rate a simple restart of the game solved the problem, i dunno what happened, but it's fine now:confused:
Old 11 Feb 2003, 18:12 (Ref:503572)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah well. You might as well apply the speed fix anyway - it won't hurt your installation even if its not needed and it has the advantage of making GPL a No-CD necessary programme.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 13:34 (Ref:504429)   #32
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Sorry, but i didn't make it to the race last nite cos WinVROC won't log in. I deleted the file you said a few days ago on ®îjñtjûh's recommendation when i had that particular error, but the one i'm getting now i that my version of WinVROC might be out of date, and to ckeck the VROC MOTD to see if this was the case, or my SOCKS proxy settings are wrong, or somehting else.

When i went to the MOTD thing i got a blank white window and a flashing cursor, and i've no idea where to find out about my SOCKS proxy settings cos i don't know what they are or if they apply to me.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 07:55 (Ref:506175)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We are going to have to get this sorted out for you pirenzo. What does MOTD stand for - I thought that was "Match of the Day"! I also have no idea about proxy settings or SOCKS (apart from the special pair I wear to drive!), I didn't have any of these problems when I installed VROC?
Old 14 Feb 2003, 08:06 (Ref:506187)   #34
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, i spent about an hour trawling through the help menus in VROC, and on their site, and finaly got it to work. I'd been recommended to install the VROCip program, which i downloaded, and then realised that i already had it. It turned out that whilst i had the program, i hadn't run it. I ran it and hey presto it worked!
Old 14 Feb 2003, 08:35 (Ref:506202)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, excellent. So you'll be with us for the first time for practice (and practice race) on Sunday afternoon?
Old 14 Feb 2003, 11:17 (Ref:506316)   #36
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What time is it on sunday?
Old 14 Feb 2003, 12:14 (Ref:506385)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
2.00 p.m., if I remember rightly. I hour praccy and then a race.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 13:30 (Ref:506475)   #38
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Sure.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 20:30 (Ref:509872)   #39
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm off to get some practice in for Spa.

I'm hosting an open race as of now with max drivers of 10.

30 minutes practice, int short.

Maybe see you there.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:32 (Ref:509942)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Damn. Missed that.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:34 (Ref:509944)   #41
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
same here.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:35 (Ref:509945)   #42
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You didn't miss much.

Damon got discoed and all the people who joined couldn't keep the car on the track for more than two corners.

To top it off the phone rang at the end of practice so I missed the start sequence and had to start from the pitlane.

Last edited by Spudgun; 17 Feb 2003 at 21:35.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 21:48 (Ref:509963)   #43
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
What a nightmare. I would have ignored the phone though.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 22:21 (Ref:510002)   #44
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
So irritating. I set a 3m18.20 on one run but it didn't register in the player ini 'cos I got booted . Then I was on a lap that felt even quicker (on Spud's server) and got booted on the run to La source. Oh well, at least I know I've got it in me.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 22:26 (Ref:510012)   #45
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Damon, if you actually register a time and see it accurately on the pit-board - then in my opinion, that gives you justification to change it yourself through altering the .ini file...i know i've had to do it many times through being booted off of VROC or my game crashing at home.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 17 Feb 2003, 22:29 (Ref:510015)   #46
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Speaking of fast laps, on my Spa program cover it says lap record 3m18.xx Aysedasi

By the way, i never found out who won that race, was it you or Ayse?

Last edited by pirenzo; 17 Feb 2003 at 22:30.
Old 17 Feb 2003, 23:01 (Ref:510036)   #47
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I won the praccy race.
Old 18 Feb 2003, 08:28 (Ref:510290)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No chance of it being me, I made far too many mistakes - thought I was sitting pretty - 2 seconds up at the end of L1 but then I blew it at Blanchimont. I made so many mistakes after that, even when I had the chance to take Damon out I made yet another crass mistake......
Old 18 Feb 2003, 13:28 (Ref:510487)   #49
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I knew it was either AC or Damon
Old 18 Feb 2003, 13:55 (Ref:510515)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Chances are I'll be on VROC for a while tonight if anyone else is around, from 7-ish, if all goes to plan.