Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Feb 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1234065)   #1
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT4 is out and is great

I got my copy yesterday and it is awesome.You can transfer both A and B licsenses from GT3 as well as 100,000 credits.One of the things I dont like is the rolling start were you alwasy start in 6th.SOmetimes depending on the track you do have a standing start.
The forums head dirtbag and headhog
Old 24 Feb 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1234383)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, thank god I won't have to do those stupid licenses again...
Old 24 Feb 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1234392)   #3
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The licenenses are half the fun !
Old 24 Feb 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1234396)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't worry International A-B and Superliiscence is still there, and you have to lap Nurburgring-Nordschlief in 9:38 ina mercedes 190 16V AMG or something to get it.- and GPL never seemed so easy at this, in GT4 (without a wheel)
this is a gruesome deal. at least a "pace car" is infront showing the line.
stunning game, graphics are superb, and the only gripe is the loading for EVERYTHING you do, a load screen to go to different malls and cars and to tie you shoe and blah blah blah.
is there any advantage in using "tuner village" parts instead of factory racing parts?
say TRD for toyota versus HKS or BLitz? and nice addition of a supercharger along with a turbo- to get that Autumn ring mini in shape...good you can switch between them too.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1234792)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done jslone.....I messed my pants there, thinking they had released it two weeks early in the UK!

Only two weeks to go guys and gals! The excitement builds........
Old 25 Feb 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1235325)   #6
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awww, and here was me thinking it was here also! Oh well, might coincide with the Sims 2 University expansion, but that is for another website.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1236460)   #7
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslone
One of the things I dont like is the rolling start were you alwasy start in 6th.SOmetimes depending on the track you do have a standing start.
so from this i gather they haven't included qualifying again, what a farce. its a pain having to start from 6th all the time especially in the single class races which only have a few laps
Old 26 Feb 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1236472)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Especially a pain in the arse when racing a short 3 lap race at Cote d'Azur aka Monaco with an underpowered car...

But then again, I'll be starting with 100000 credits so no more torture of driving a god damn 20 year old toyota during the first few days of gaming for me then...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 26 Feb 2005 at 11:03.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1236503)   #9
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Especially a pain in the arse when racing a short 3 lap race at Cote d'Azur aka Monaco with an underpowered car...

But then again, I'll be starting with 100000 credits so no more torture of driving a god damn 20 year old toyota during the first few days of gaming for me then...
thats the other half of the fun !!! (apart from getting lisences ! :P)
Old 26 Feb 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1236755)   #10
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always choose the white '83 Toyota Trueno, because it's like the one on Initial D.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 26 Feb 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1236757)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

how about a 1967 skyline?!
or any other goodies Cadillac Cien anyone?
the amount of cars is great but it leads to sooo many poopie selections as well, Pontiac sunfire? and other abound, how many Vitz' do we need to choose from?
Citta di Aria is great fun, and even if you do import info and money, go back and do the liscence tests to unlock some few cars...
i really enjy all the vintage racing and then the Japan GT stuff.
what is with the delorean? why race it if you can't make it a proper race version as in GT1 and GT2? or atleast open the doors ha ha
Old 26 Feb 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1236774)   #12
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you weren't a cheaparse , a quick way to get money in the beginning is to buy a used civic, and race it in the Civic cup at the Honda dealership. You win 5,000 credits per win, and at the end get an old Civic touring car as your reward. The car is pretty poor imo, but you can sell it for 90,000 credits.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1236874)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

CHeap eh?
Nah race the skyline until it works. underpowered and handling like a king
i have increased it a bit and waiting to dominate with it... slow going.
however, when you win the Cadillad Cien you can race the MR championships in beginner races for 5000 a win, and get a nifty prize at the end.
is it me or has the AI been vastly improved.? I mean i used to be able to walk all over them no it really is a challenge-
the cars tend to be a bit understeering, save Ice racers which are wild oversteering.
but very nice job the Nurburgring and Suzuka are not bettered on any PC or Console for sure.
Old 26 Feb 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1236898)   #14
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This game is incredible. A must-buy!

I was messing around in Photomode the other day and took some shots of my Subaru Impreza WRX STi. It is pretty cool to be able to adjust all of the different camera settings to get the perfect shot.

Old 26 Feb 2005, 23:11 (Ref:1236932)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it the full Suzuka, gttouring?
Old 26 Feb 2005, 23:20 (Ref:1236942)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

As long as the AI is harder then I'm all for it...
Unlike I said in the past, I think I'll cough up the dough once more...
Old 26 Feb 2005, 23:21 (Ref:1236944)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Apparently the AI is as bad as the others.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1237038)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, but the AI isn't the point of Gran Tourismo

The point is collecting lots of money and cars (at least, that was always my aim, the races were just the means to an end)
Old 27 Feb 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1237178)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Absolutely right P......that is what GT is all about and I've always felt they aren't bothered about AI.

So I don't know why they keep saying they have improved AI when they patently don't bother with it!

I won't care when I'm doing the Nurburgring 24 hours with the steering wheel.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1237204)   #20
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must say I'm not all that excited about this new release, I'll be getting MGS3:SE and be content with that I think. From what I've read GT4 is just yet more of the same and will bore me quickly.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1237209)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I don't know about that Damon......it should be way better than GT3, which was genuinely dull after a while.

This has much more depth.

Can't wait for Metal gear though. And the PSP is launched this month too. It's gonna be an expensive few weeks!
Old 27 Feb 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1237475)   #22
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, you'll have to report on the PSP for me. Looks awesome but I'd like some personal opinion before I get one myself. At £180 it certainly looks like a bargain.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1237510)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Will let you know about it if I opt for one then!

I'd say I'll be beaten to it by others on the forum though.....

Just worked out I won't have enough for GT4 with the wheel so I'll have to get it on its own. Rats.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1237572)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just ordered my GT4 off eBay. It is shipped slightly before release, so I was persuaded to pay an extra couple of quid. It's from a proper supplier/power seller, so it's genuine.

Can't wait!
Old 27 Feb 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1237630)   #25
ASCII Man
Veteran

Arse!