Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jun 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1330381)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
ITV to show US quali LIVE!

Hey hey, big news.

ITV have decided to show the Indy qualifying live, not sure what the details are but its over at www.autosport.com

Excellent!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1330388)   #2
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff, what have they bumped from the schedules? Judgfing by recent ITV shows, soemthing bland, anodyne, corrupt and increasingly unpopular.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1330395)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Its being shown at 18.50 on ITV2
Old 16 Jun 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1330398)   #4
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
ITV have the same story CLICKY Amazingly

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1330400)   #5
TheMong
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants
TheMong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

well still being in shock from it all...i think i can say thats a BIG THUMBS UP FOR ITV....
Old 16 Jun 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1330426)   #6
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can always guarantee a ROLLERCOASTER ride with ITV!!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1330429)   #7
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst this is certainly a good thing I'm not sure they really deserve thumb's up to be honest, they are if I remember correctly after all merely fulfilling their contracted obligations. Something they failed to do with the Canadian GP. You could argue that if you don't have Sky, Freeview or cable they are not even doing that.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1330440)   #8
bigjon
Racer

bigjon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
james allen seems to be getting a little bit better

the racing is more competitive

presentation comes trackside at every GP

qualifying for fly away races appears to be live from now on

a full hour of build up for evening races

are ITV actually improoving....

we give them a lot of critiscm (rightly so), but credit where credits due. Well done!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1330461)   #9
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the presentation and content that ITV provide and in that respect they do a better job than the BBC (commercial breaks aside). I'm not sure whether James Allen is getting better or whether I'm becoming acclimatised, I've stopped throwing things at the telly every time he opens his trap so I guess thats progress.

But. I thought they originally pledged to show live qualifying on terrestrial TV and they only seem to do that now if it suits them.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1330463)   #10
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjon

the racing is more competitive

presentation comes trackside at every GP

qualifying for fly away races appears to be live from now on

a full hour of build up for evening races

are ITV actually improoving....

we give them a lot of critiscm (rightly so), but credit where credits due. Well done!
Not for me!! JA has been terrible over the past couple of races IMO. No live qualifying from Canada. Still have Ad breaks far too regularly, and for pity's sake can't they get a lead presenter who can at least appear enthusiastic and a bit knowledgeable. Rosenthal looks to me as if he is being fed every line he utters and would much rather be somewhere else!!!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1330477)   #11
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjon
I tend to agree , I mean I've not even noticed his GOOOOO! recently (does he still do it?).

Live USGP quali is very good news, ITV certainly seem to be listening to the fans lately.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1330486)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excelelont.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1330499)   #13
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news and it just goes to show what can be achieved if the fans put the boot in!

I have just emailed them to say thank you.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:48 (Ref:1330502)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
But following swift negotiations between the two parties in response to the thousands of letters and e-mails we received requesting live qualifying coverage during flyaway races, we are pleased to able to extend a broader and more comprehensive live package for you, our loyal viewers.
So what they're saying is, hey didn't care about their loyal viewers before then.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1330531)   #15
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV have been improving a lot lately, it's just a shame it takes them cocking up and thousands of complaints before they realise they're kneedeep in it.

They destroyed the greatest duel in years at San Marino, the upside is we now get far less break towards the end of a race.

They've shunned fly away qualifying for years, why they've decided to do it now is beyond me although I expect it's just a new contract kicking in rather than anything to do with complaints. Still, at least we have it now.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1330540)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I couldn't give a monkey's personally - I'd much rather they showed some of Le Mans live....... (even though I won't be at home to see it.... )
Old 16 Jun 2005, 16:36 (Ref:1330549)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Why post in the F1 forum then?
Old 16 Jun 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1330564)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, suddenly ITV have the rights to their own channel.

Kind of makes the past excuses redundant.

Good move ITV!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1330576)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Wow, suddenly ITV have the rights to their own channel.

Kind of makes the past excuses redundant.

They always did have the rights to their own channel aside from GMTV time.

The reason previously was budget, but negotiations have been done so it's fine now.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1330580)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fine, but for how long?

Hopefully they can maintain this fine decision.

And then build on that by firing James Allen and drafting in Mr Edwards.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1330584)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've heard from one source in ITV that there is an increasing feeling among some aspects of the management that Ben is the future...
Old 16 Jun 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1330589)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's been like that since last year though, I seem to remember you originally reporting it?

Ben surely must get a look in one day, if anyone has any sense.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1330594)   #23
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done ITV, Now swap Ben Edwards with James Allen and that would be the icing on the cake!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1330672)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ITV coverage improving????

*faints....*
Old 16 Jun 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1330694)   #25
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No help to me as I don't have ITV2, but it's something. Clearly poeople power does work. The feeling within ITV must be that the extra audience for the qualifying will justify the expense, and I hope they can be proved right.