Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Nov 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1756179)   #26
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I've submitted my time
Old 2 Nov 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1756356)   #27
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
By all means Fte, welcome! Glad to have you on board. I assume you mean your car is the Nissan Motul Pitwork Z? If so, that's fine to use. Remember to PM your time to me by this Sunday. Thanks!
there is a Motul Nissan GTR JGTC Car from '03.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1756583)   #28
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just had another shot at it, the tyre wear was not a problem, they were still yellow when I pitted. But I just kept losing the car over the bumps... It would come down and vere violently to the left... Scary when you're doing 250+ km/h.
In real life I guess so

My tyres were in a far worse state than that when I pitted...
Old 2 Nov 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1756592)   #29
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I've got my time down to something not too embarassing.

I reckon I've got just a little bit left in the tank though.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1756701)   #30
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fte_by_Ford
Was going the R34..bit of old school...well not that old..see how it goes.

any chance of using the falcon..even though its a b itch to handel on this track
Read the car list which is back a few pages mate, that will tell you what you can and can't drive.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 3 Nov 2006, 03:32 (Ref:1756762)   #31
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm done and dusted for the round... Managed to take 22 seconds off my previous best time. Managed to keep my tyres good until I pitted, then, by the time I finished my last lap the new set were just as badly worn!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 4 Nov 2006, 00:57 (Ref:1757472)   #32
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm done. I've set a time I'm pretty happy with - about 56 seconds off of my first effort, but I know with less mistakes I could have had another 10 off that easily. Oh well. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else has got on now and to driving a shorter circuit.
Old 4 Nov 2006, 03:10 (Ref:1757500)   #33
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
I'm done. I've set a time I'm pretty happy with - about 56 seconds off of my first effort, but I know with less mistakes I could have had another 10 off that easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Oh well. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else has got on now and to driving a shorter circuit.
Yeah, hopefully no-one is put off by such a huge challenge to begin with...
Old 4 Nov 2006, 05:12 (Ref:1757529)   #34
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, hopefully no-one is put off by such a huge challenge to begin with...
Loved it. Just submitted my times. I love going around that track. Haven't played this in so long, I forgot how much I liked it.
Old 4 Nov 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1757610)   #35
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if I will be able to make another attempt at this race because I managed to cut my left hand yesterday and am having trouble holding the controller properly I'm reasonably happy with my first time, but I bet when they are compared it is very slow.
Old 4 Nov 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1757615)   #36
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
I only know what I could potentially achieve because I've recorded my best sector times. So I know what my ultimate lap could be (about 26 seconds faster than the time I submitted). Will post full times when results are in.
Old 4 Nov 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1757631)   #37
safc_fan89
Veteran

I just did another run and beat my previous time by a pretrty tame 3 seconds. I was heading for a very fast final lap but I completely screwed it up by pushing too hard through the second half of the lap.

I'd be interested to hear what sort of laptimes everyone is achieving, after the deadline for entries has passedof course.
Old 4 Nov 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1757648)   #38
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Which, unless I'm very much mistaken, is midday tomorrow for you guys in the UK, roughly 10PM in Australia, and Saturday night (I think) in the US.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 05:36 (Ref:1758054)   #39
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Cut-off date for times is today...! Still waiting on Fte_by_Ford, mac, racer69 and trevisio... Everyone else, thank you for submitting your times.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 07:47 (Ref:1758097)   #40
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sent my times in, quite happy with my run. I competed in a Nurburgring 'hotlap' league over at Motorsport Forums a while back so am quite familiar with the do's and don'ts around this place, it's such a wonderful track to drive!
Old 5 Nov 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1758124)   #41
safc_fan89
Veteran

I was quite pleased with my final run too...but I hate using JGTC cars around the Nurburgring. My tyre wear was worse than ever for my last attempt, probably because throughout the second half of the lap I seemed to be drifting rather than turning round the corners.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1758137)   #42
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Not too long until cut-off... mac, trevisio and Fte_by_Ford, I'm looking at you... If you do not submit your time by the deadline, your points will not be counted and you will have a time penalty for the next round...

Last edited by Chatters; 5 Nov 2006 at 09:25.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 10:29 (Ref:1758163)   #43
Fte_by_Ford
Rookie

Australia
Hervey Bay
Fte_by_Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not too long until cut-off... mac, trevisio and Fte_by_Ford, I'm looking at you... If you do not submit your time by the deadline, your points will not be counted and you will have a time penalty for the next round...
So bin away all weekend....yeah my lap were in race mode..just wrong tyre...see how it goes anyways...won;t have time to have another run.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1758172)   #44
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Alright, well, becuase you used the wrong tyre I'm afraid I will have to penalise you unfortunately. One minute will be added to your race time. The judge has spoken. But at least you will score some points, unlike mac and trevisio it seems... Got about half an hour...
Old 5 Nov 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1758206)   #45
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
OK folks, deadline's passed! Those of you who haven't submitted your times, you will have a defualt time which is slower than everyone else, unless you can provide a suitable explanation, in which case, I will smile down upon you.

Expect results tomorrow, plus the next addition to our calender!
Old 5 Nov 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1758223)   #46
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Er, no. Its 11.40am in the UK at the moment? Was about to PM you my 1 attempt Chatters....
Old 5 Nov 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1758233)   #47
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Oh, ok, sorry mate! By all means PM me... I must have time zones mixed up! Really, really sorry mate...

I know what got me... Bloody daylight savings! Argh! Really sorry mate!
Old 5 Nov 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1758236)   #48
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No probs mate
Old 5 Nov 2006, 22:54 (Ref:1758568)   #49
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry - been away all weekend and nowhere near my computer. It was my birthday (check my profile!) - surely that's a fair enough explanation!?

Anyway, finished with a reasonable run.

My first lap was almost perfect - I was perhaps a touch conservative but didn't really make a mistake. Maybe a touch wide or out of shape here and there, but nothing serious.

Second lap was pretty good too. Got on the grass a few times, and screwed up my run onto the straight, so didn't hit maximum speed early enough there - but was pretty tidy overall.

Third lap was pretty ugly. With the new tyres and only one lap I pushed very hard. Had a half spin in the twisties leading into the run up to Flugplatz. Then ran wide and kissed the armco at the Angstkurve, before being constantly sideways between Pflanzgarten II and Schwalbenschwanz.

Third lap was slower than the lap that included the pitstop!
Old 6 Nov 2006, 06:41 (Ref:1758700)   #50
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
GTRL: Round 1 Results

Does this track ever stop entertaining?

Yes folks, all the results are in for Round 1 of the Gran Turismo Racing League! Now, some people didn't send in their times on time, but I am granting the a reprieve for this round only. Here's hoping everyone can get their times in on time this Sunday.

Well, there's not much you can say about Round 1, but, in Position 1, the quickest man out of the box is trevisio, driving the Toyota WOODONE Tom's Supra, followed closely by Mystery and safc_fan89, driving a Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z and a Toyota WOODONE Tom's Supra respectively.

Round 1 times:
Trevisio: 19:18.854
Mystery: 19:32.339
safc_fan89: 20:15.874
4. mac: 20:18.560
5. Chatters: 20:20.516
6. racer69: 20:32.640
7. BertMk2: 21:55.670
8. nickyf1: 22:29.376
9. Fte_by_Ford: 22:34.720
10. rblanshard: 27:07.523

POINTS after Round 1
1. Trevisio: 10
2. Mystery: 8 (-2)
3. safc_fan89: 6 (-4)
4. mac: 5 (-5)
5. Chatters: 4 (-6)
6. racer69: 3 (-7)
7. BertMk2: 2 (-8)
8. nickyf1: 1 (-9)
9. Fte_by_Ford: 0 (-10)
10. rblanshard: 0 (-10)

Next week, stay tuned to the results page to see who leads the Time Stoppers championship!

OK boys and girls, are we ready for the next track?
Here it is!
Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course - 15 laps.

Happy racing!
19:32.339