MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
arcade mode
Blargh! Had been going to dl the demo but I think I'll just wait for the real thing. :P
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 21 May 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1918109)   #27
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the handling was really quite nice, and if that's arcade mode, i look forward to the proper sim mode?
Old 21 May 2007, 17:49 (Ref:1918219)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think the physics are different to be honest, but it just means there is no damage and it's all frightfully easy.

Still worth a download for a gander. You can always delete it!
Old 22 May 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1918860)   #29
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is some damage on the demo like knocking wings of cars but it doesn't really affect the car
Old 22 May 2007, 16:58 (Ref:1918910)   #30
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, just visual damage for the demo, makes no effect on performance and handling.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1926420)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well people. It is here.

This Thursday or Friday, we UK gamers shall be playing Forza Motorsport 2. The unbearable wait is over.

Full review here: http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/drivi...ml?sid=6171672

Two weeks behind the USA and even further behind Japan mind you. But hell, it allows me to complete Test Driver Unlimited achievements first.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1927762)   #32
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've logged about 4 or 5 hours in FM2 so far (sorry that you had to wait an extra week for it over there!). Extremely impressive game, especially with the wheel. Definitely not a game that a petrol head will tire of quickly...
Old 3 Jun 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1927769)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

What is the livery creator like? Can you edit race car liveries?

And is the Nurburgring better than the Forza 1 effort? (It really has to be).
Old 3 Jun 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1927836)   #34
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
Money doesn't come quick in FM2, so I don't have any R Class cars yet... but I would really doubt if you can re-paint them due to licensing and like.

As for Nurby, I have yet to run there... still racing around the test track/proving grounds for the most part. I am just doing whatever career races that my little Pug is eligible for at this point... the Ring hasn't yet been a race venue yet, and it may not be at all for the slower D Class cars. If I get a chance to tour the Ring in Free Run mode, I will post back...
Old 4 Jun 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1928464)   #35
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
Ok, did get a chance to run around the Ring a little last night. It is very pretty, but that doesn't make it a good simulation in itself. The track is about a 1/2 car narrower than in FM1, which is a nice improvement. It is a heck of a lot bumpier, which is also good - but I think it is still scaled up a bit - wider track and I think the slower corners are still a little too fast. Overall, it is certainly improved over FM1...
Old 4 Jun 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1928865)   #36
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
I found the FM1 laptimes were more realistic compared to the GT4 one
Old 7 Jun 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1931515)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Arrived this morning. Oh yes, it is damn good.

Just a joy to play. And one of my favourite cars was there to start my career with....a Mk2 Golf GTi.

Also got three extra cars with the limited edition and the booklet and LE packaging is beautiful.

£40 well spent. Next week Dirt.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 22:04 (Ref:1931750)   #38
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Well, see you in a few weeks mate.

God, i need a 360...
Old 7 Jun 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1931775)   #39
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
dwf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ooooo tomorrow is the big day for me.....comes out in shops 8th June! cant wait
Old 8 Jun 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1932544)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

This...game...is...sub...lime...

Throwing a Ferrari 333SP round Sebring is something I cannot describe in words.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1932562)   #41
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, i prefer 911 GT1 and Mugello.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1932583)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Anything is good on this game. It is perfect.

Why am I sitting on this forum when I could be playing it?
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1932709)   #43
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The R8 around Sebring and 962 around the Ring in arcade mode is great. Already to level 40 in 5 days, think I need to slow down playing a little. Anybody with the euro edition preorder willing to post their DBR9 preorder bonus car for auction or trade for the US release NISMO 350Z(fairlady)?
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:56 (Ref:1932722)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Level 40?!?

Blimey. I just this minute went level 16. Although I've been outside in the sun most of the past two days. And I completed arcade mode as well, to get the achievements out of the way (very easy).

I have some work to do then! On career I'm just ploughing through the crappy four wheel drive tournaments right now and Proving Ground stuff. I can't stand either, so get them out the way first! Four wheel drive cars do not suit my style at all.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 11:00 (Ref:1933822)   #45
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
forza is awesome! nothing else to describe it. though you have to avoid getting the car damaged.... that's fun
Old 11 Jun 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1933906)   #46
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
TheFLC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
c'mon peeps, make with the gamer tags been looking for some clean racers to have some fun with. I'll start

GamerTag: TheFLC

just add me, if you want to include a note that says 10/10 I'll even know you were in the thread
Old 11 Jun 2007, 14:42 (Ref:1934072)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm Knowlesy85, please add me by all means.

I have some router issues to resolve first though. I can't enter tournaments and stuff for some reason and at times I can't find a match for races. Annoying.

The races I've had online were great though. It's nerve wracking leading the races!
Old 11 Jun 2007, 15:27 (Ref:1934103)   #48
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just played the Xbox live demo of this, and I'm very impressed. You're limited to Mugello short and a small selection of C, A and R2 class cars, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
I found that it was much easier with all the aids switched off, not sure why that should be, but it just seems to understeer less and you have more stopping power.

My only niggle is the silly penalty system, at least it doesn't affect your finishing position though.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 15:35 (Ref:1934113)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The penalty systems suck, but that is to stop people cheating times on XBox Live I think.

It is annoying, but I guess it encourages you to stay off the grass!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 00:24 (Ref:1934518)   #50
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
The penalties and "slow grass" can get annoying, but it does help to keep things clean on Live... critical given the wide audience playing Forza.

I am probably rarely on Live when you guys are due to time zone differences, but if you can tolerate a colonial on your friends list you can add DougalMcGuire.