Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Nov 2007, 02:52 (Ref:2077007)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My Capri is an original shell and I'm sure Jim Clarke would have sat in it if he'd been given the opportunity. There, that's added £50.00 to the value.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 04:51 (Ref:2077031)   #27
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Some expensive cars are being sold but not much else.So if you have a car with any questions hanging over it you will be luckly to sell.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 08:05 (Ref:2077076)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So all the research to prove any provence is/should be well worth the effort.
Heard about a Cobra with racing history,sold for £330k,complete with a GT40 engine!.I personaly cannot see the worth in it,far better spent on something Italian.

Last edited by terence; 28 Nov 2007 at 08:10.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 08:06 (Ref:2077077)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s
Terry,
have you & Chris rebuilt GYG since July (or anyone else)
No Chris,it's in Coy's 5th Dec.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 09:44 (Ref:2078542)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
So all the research to prove any provence is/should be well worth the effort.
Heard about a Cobra with racing history,sold for £330k,complete with a GT40 engine!.I personaly cannot see the worth in it,far better spent on something Italian.
but I don't think Nancy Del'Olio fancies you Terry

so If Matt Neals finger prints are still on my steering wheel does it mean its a champions car and therefore worth an extra £50 as well ?

it'll be up to 3 figures soon
Old 30 Nov 2007, 10:00 (Ref:2078559)   #31
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I'd of thought Tony's were worth more!! He did say he was going to have a look on 10 Tenth's,just for a laugh.

Nancy send's her regards Zef.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 12:05 (Ref:2078628)   #32
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I'd of thought Tony's were worth more!! He did say he was going to have a look on 10 Tenth's,just for a laugh..
if he can afford to waste a day rolling around in fits !
Old 4 Dec 2007, 08:36 (Ref:2081201)   #33
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks as though the LC JTW 498C went for c£130k. A bargain.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 10:27 (Ref:2081270)   #34
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It will be interesting to see what KPU goe's for tomorrow.Any guess's as to a figure?All guess's to be submitted before 7pm tomorrow.
Old 4 Dec 2007, 11:33 (Ref:2081307)   #35
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
KPU is just a company car. 60k

130 for an unusable over restored race car does seem a bit steep to me
Old 4 Dec 2007, 12:14 (Ref:2081333)   #36
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
KPU is just a company car. 60k

130 for an unusable over restored race car does seem a bit steep to me

Any more advances on this figure??
Old 6 Dec 2007, 00:30 (Ref:2082508)   #37
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
£45k,but it is in beautifully condition.
Old 7 Dec 2007, 08:55 (Ref:2083421)   #38
thicko
Rookie

thicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally Healey at Coys

Does anyone know how much the Rally Healey made at Coys auction on the 5th?
Old 7 Dec 2007, 11:21 (Ref:2083509)   #39
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Understand R and M and Bonhams had good sales but Coys not so good.
Good Historic cars sell but those mass produced or iffy history do not so dump your B's,A,H,.E Types as these will take first dive
Old 7 Dec 2007, 13:42 (Ref:2083621)   #40
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Old 9 Dec 2007, 13:30 (Ref:2084837)   #41
Big Sam
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cornwall
Big Sam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thicko
Does anyone know how much the Rally Healey made at Coys auction on the 5th?
Apparently the Coys sale had a miserable attendance from the public--just the usual dealers taking advantage of the free hooch and mince pies on offer. DG95, the Healey on offer, had half its catalogue and web description removed a few days before the auction and Jamieson tried to summon £100K from the floor before muttering £105k and banging the hammer down. Make your own conclusions.
Old 9 Dec 2007, 15:36 (Ref:2084881)   #42
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Coys are finding it hard work due to their recent History.Pity because Chris is good bloke.H and H with R and M will shake up the London market but Bonhams have the best UK places with the two Goodwood sales
Old 9 Dec 2007, 18:42 (Ref:2084980)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Just to put you all out of your missery,did any of the spies notice how the guys on the phones suddenly dissapared? [Sorry,but that is ALL your getting]
Old 9 Dec 2007, 18:50 (Ref:2084985)   #44
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So its a DNS?
Old 9 Dec 2007, 20:16 (Ref:2085042)   #45
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
So its a DNS?
FTTB
Old 10 Dec 2007, 17:27 (Ref:2085814)   #46
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, I've been away for a few days (yet more PC probs) and one of my colleagues has pulled a few of the recent posts because frankly we weren't sure where this was all going. It could have been to a nasty place, but maybe not, in which case, I'm sorry. Nevertheless, the 'removed' posts were not exactly furthering constructive discussion here were they? Happy to be proved wrong though, in which case, they may be reinstated!
Old 10 Dec 2007, 18:09 (Ref:2085861)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
OK, I've been away for a few days (yet more PC probs) and one of my colleagues has pulled a few of the recent posts because frankly we weren't sure where this was all going. It could have been to a nasty place, but maybe not, in which case, I'm sorry. Nevertheless, the 'removed' posts were not exactly furthering constructive discussion here were they? Happy to be proved wrong though, in which case, they may be reinstated!
No problem whatso-ever John,Thank,s.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 08:00 (Ref:2086257)   #48
thicko
Rookie

thicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Issues here just happy to debate the subject for all to enjoy.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:15 (Ref:2086873)   #49
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is the DB2 figure of £86,693 inc commission & vat i wonder, a very good figure , makes a genuine team DB2 car worth a fair bit then ! presumably 1/2 mill or so
Old 12 Dec 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2087045)   #50
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s
is the DB2 figure of £86,693 inc commission & vat i wonder, a very good figure , makes a genuine team DB2 car worth a fair bit then ! presumably 1/2 mill or so
It is inclusive Chris.Coys did tell us that anything with works history DOES sell well.Good news for you while the market is as good as it is!